Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Re: Van Persie leaving?

Post by frankbutcher »

I was stood a matter of yards from him when he came over to us. He appeared to be saying thank you to the fans for their support. It was only him on his own and I see no other logical reason other than he was saying goodbye. I'm 90% sure he is off if a decent bid comes in. I think he wants to stay, but he is resigned like all of us to the fact that we will not show any ambition in the transfer window again. For that reason he fully expects to be leaving the Club when they sit down next week. Unless they tell him we're signing a host of World-class talent, he's off. It would not surprise me a jot if he moved to Man City.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

@augie

The thing is I do not want a situation where this is rumnling on throughout the tournament ala Fabregas, where we have no idea what is going on and are severely weakened. RVP must have some idea of what he intends to do. The fact he is willing to sit down with the club should in itself be seen as positive. I don't think we'll have a Nasri situation where a promise is made and then broken. Arsenal should lay out the deal and who they are bringing in. If he rejects then fine, come out and say he;s off, get as much as we can for him, and then have him gone before the euros. We need to be efficient with transfers this year, I'm sick of protracted nonsense which we've had ever since PV.

I'm not sure he is a money man, but it certainly comes into play. I think he will stay, but I'm not 100 per cent on that. The chances are City will come in with a big bid, he may look at not wanting to leave England, with the chance of glory, and decide to go. Infact I'm pretty sure he'll be in light blue if not red next year

OneBardGooner

Re: Van Persie leaving

Post by OneBardGooner »

BournemouthRED wrote:Jesus! I'd hate to think what this place would be like I'f we had lost!

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: X 1,000,000,000,000 more or less

:rubchin:

Oh! Yeah! :suicide:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

frankbutcher wrote:I was stood a matter of yards from him when he came over to us. He appeared to be saying thank you to the fans for their support. It was only him on his own and I see no other logical reason other than he was saying goodbye. I'm 90% sure he is off if a decent bid comes in. I think he wants to stay, but he is resigned like all of us to the fact that we will not show any ambition in the transfer window again. For that reason he fully expects to be leaving the Club when they sit down next week. Unless they tell him we're signing a host of World-class talent, he's off. It would not surprise me a jot if he moved to Man City.
And how can Wenger and the Board not see this? They make all the right noises about wanting to keep him but actions speak louder than words. I genuinely don't think its about money with Van Persie - lets face if you're earning £6m a year you don't need to work for long, so the extra money on offer elsewhere need not be the 'be all and end all'. He's 28 years old, he's in a dutch squad with guys like Robben and Sneijder, who are at clubs competing for titles and the Champions League.....and he's better than the bloody lot of them and has nothing to show. May we're all being naive, but if the club now made a move and signed the likes of m'Vila, Vertonghen and a create type in the Goetze mould, he might well decide to give it one more year and find out what's possible with this side. If we don't then the guy has been here long enough to know what happens next and we deserve to lose him if we're incapable or unwilling to improve the squad

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rigsby wrote:@augie

The thing is I do not want a situation where this is rumnling on throughout the tournament ala Fabregas, where we have no idea what is going on and are severely weakened. RVP must have some idea of what he intends to do. The fact he is willing to sit down with the club should in itself be seen as positive. I don't think we'll have a Nasri situation where a promise is made and then broken. Arsenal should lay out the deal and who they are bringing in. If he rejects then fine, come out and say he;s off, get as much as we can for him, and then have him gone before the euros. We need to be efficient with transfers this year, I'm sick of protracted nonsense which we've had ever since PV.

I'm not sure he is a money man, but it certainly comes into play. I think he will stay, but I'm not 100 per cent on that. The chances are City will come in with a big bid, he may look at not wanting to leave England, with the chance of glory, and decide to go. Infact I'm pretty sure he'll be in light blue if not red next year
I honestly believe it is all down to - who Wenger is intending to sign, which is why he went in early for Podolski - he was saying to RVP - Look here's a decent striker etc....I just hope RVP manages to persuade the tight *word censored* to buy a World Class Holding Mid-fielder, A Proper CB (not the cart horse that is Mers P) and another Goalie - one who will push shez to improve and not sit on his arris....yes, money is bound to come into it, but I also believe that if as RVP says he loves the club, then if we have the right players in - he will know the club/AW/Board mean business, which they haven't for some time... :cry: :( :(

augie

Post by augie »

rigsby wrote:@augie

Rigsby, I dont disagree with you re our desire not to have a dragged out affair like we had with cesc last summer but in this situation I am not sure putting a deadline of this week (when he goes off to join holland squad) is in our best interests if the man is looking for a real show of ambition this summer in the transfer window. If it is purely cash related then you offer him our maximum wage and is up to him whether he accepts it or not but if it is about more than money then surely we would need few weeks to prove our ambitions in the transfer market ?
Anyway imo it is all a moot point - if rvp wants quality signings to clinch a new deal then he is as good as gone cos wenger doesnt or wont operate that way and nobody above him is bothered/inclined to pull him aside over his failed policies

richpye

Post by richpye »

I am still slightly more positive than others about Van Persie staying. Firstly I am not sure Podolski would have committed so early on if he thought RvP was off. Secondly I don't believe money will be the major factor in him deciding where to play which at least gives us a chance of signing him.

Worryingly though his comments on MOTD didn't sound like a man who expected to be putting pen to paper on a new deal in the next week - which is not good

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Oh dear. Why do some of you even bother?

Augie, IHH...you are smart folk. So what on earth gives you any hope RVP will remain?

He's gone. Please. Hear me now: THERE IS NO CHANCE RVP WILL SIGN A NEW CONTRACT

What's happening at Arsenal is a fucking joke and it needs to stop. The calibre of player we have lost is astonishing...and the calibre of shite we are presently burdened with even greater.

We have lost: Vieira, Henry, Nasri, Fabregas and soon RVP.
Theres FOUR class captain's in there. For the Fourth richest team in the world, that aspires to fourth.

Do you know why we've lost these players?
Because Wenger has become bigger than the club. His desire to stimulate his ego with bullshit experimentation has become more important than winning itself, the terms of which have been redefined by the gormless, witless AKB. So now third place, fourth, "CL qualification", is vital.

Before going to the World Cup in 2010, an exasperated Cesc asked Wenger one final time which kind of players he planned on bringing in. Bear in mind this was our young captain and fulcrum of the team, play revolves around him..,
Wenger promised Cesc he'd be active: that summer, we ended up with I believe Chamakh, Shitachi and some other clown whose name I forget. Cesc was off a year later.

It's a shambles this club and the worst part is, a gormless bunch of sheep will shell out that ST money and ask no questions.

Wenger has become bigger than Arsenal and this is because our spineless, supine fans have let him. Even now you see them celebrating third place - without having the brains to ask if that's enough considering:

- 49 goals conceded
- worst defensive record in over 30 years
- 7 trophyless years
- AW on 7 mil a season
- £135 mil on wages
- heaviest defeat in over 120 years
- worst start in over 55 years
- Worst ever PL accumulation of points against promoted sides
- Almost a quarter of league games lost! :shock:
- The shambolic transfer window
- The lying over Jack's injury (diagnosis changed within a single day of the transfer window shutting) :rubchin:
- The scandalous lack of effort from players who's walk into the team the following match
- Selling key players to domestic rivals, who then win the league! :shock:

And what is the reaction of Arsenal fans?

To celebrate such a season cos "we ahead of Spuds"

I'm sure RVP really gives a fuck about scraping it ahead of that lot,

He is gone. Fact.

I'll say it again. The "what can we do about it" carefree lax attitude and lack of ambition from Arsenal fans is the same reasons our players feel no pressure, same reason our inept arrogant manager is safe in a job (he'd have been sacked years ago at any serious club), and is the same reason that the few winners we ever have end up buggering off.

Until a serious stand is made against Wenger and Gazidis/Kroenke, continue paying big bucks to watch asset stripping.

A bit like a prisoner paying to have himself filmed while getting gang raped. Laughable.

Cashley, Nasri, Cesc, Henry, Vieira, Clichy and soon RVP all achieved things that would have been impossible remaining under Le Dictator. But still...let's keep blaming the players for leaving eh? Such mercenaries!

And let's lays the "loyal" soldiers who've remained on their modest pensions. Like Wenger, Chamakh, Almunia, Diaby, Djourou, Denison etc....

Bye bye RVP. You deserve soo much better.

:oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Babatunde wrote:He's gone. Please. Hear me now: THERE IS NO CHANCE RVP WILL SIGN A NEW CONTRACT
Says the bloke who told us "sp*rs will finish miles ahead of us" :? :lol: and seemed to enjoy telling us that too

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Babatunde wrote:He's gone. Please. Hear me now: THERE IS NO CHANCE RVP WILL SIGN A NEW CONTRACT
Says the bloke who told us "sp*rs will finish miles ahead of us" :? :lol: and seemed to enjoy telling us that too

:lol:

But they nearly did Flash! :shock: :( ..they nearly did.... :banghead:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I actually agree with Frank Butcher for once on here.

I am coming round to the idea that RVP is off and if he does then the club has a serious problem on its hands.
It is not so much about what we will lose in him as a player - I dont actually think he will have another season like he has just had - but what it says about the club. It will show us up once and for all as a club with no ambition and as a selling club.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

OneBardGooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

:lol:

But they nearly did Flash! :shock: :( ..they nearly did.... :banghead:
oh its ok then, if Babatunde thinks he is gone then he is definitely staying :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:I actually agree with Frank Butcher for once on here.

I am coming round to the idea that RVP is off and if he does then the club has a serious problem on its hands.
It is not so much about what we will lose in him as a player - I dont actually think he will have another season like he has just had - but what it says about the club. It will show us up once and for all as a club with no ambition and as a selling club.
I think you're forgetting one of your quotes from earlier in the season when you were encouraging the club to sell him !!

It even got a few votes that one :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

and only selling RVP will make you believe this? What about Cesc and Nasri last season?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

flash gunner wrote:

and only selling RVP will make you believe this? What about Cesc and Nasri last season?
..... and Greedy, Hleb...Hmmm, could go on.... anyway, if he goes, he goes, Wenger couldn't give a shit as long as he's trousering 7.5 million a year in wages... :roll: :roll: