pre season games match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Re: pre season games match thread.

Post by LDB »

How easy was that? :shock:

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

Buy a f*cking DM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

2-0 down after 44 mins

Arsene Knows :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Jenkinson and Song fucking stank the place out...pile of shite

Lukasz84

Post by Lukasz84 »

You can clearly see that the main difference is a fucking defence and dmf! how easy they scored these two goals??? arsene knows :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

T.S

Post by T.S »

I think the scoreline is pretty hard on us. The half seemed more or less even. Have to disagree with an earlier poster who said that Diaby had been awful. I think he's looked pretty calm on the ball and has hardly put a foot wrong. Song, on the other hand, has been absolutely awful. Stray passes all over the place, but no doubt he'll make one of his Hollywood passes in the second half and everyone will think he's the new Maradona again!

As for defence - it needs a lot of work. But what's new? Bartley's looked okay. Got too tight on Tevez on a couple of occasions but has also made a few really good tackles. As for Jenkinson, I've got nothing against him personally, but it's clear that he will never make it at this level and it depresses me that AW is persisting with him in that position.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

T.S wrote:I think the scoreline is pretty hard on us. The half seemed more or less even. Have to disagree with an earlier poster who said that Diaby had been awful. I think he's looked pretty calm on the ball and has hardly put a foot wrong. Song, on the other hand, has been absolutely awful. Stray passes all over the place, but no doubt he'll make one of his Hollywood passes in the second half and everyone will think he's the new Maradona again!

As for defence - it needs a lot of work. But what's new? Bartley's looked okay. Got too tight on Tevez on a couple of occasions but has also made a few really good tackles. As for Jenkinson, I've got nothing against him personally, but it's clear that he will never make it at this level and it depresses me that AW is persisting with him in that position.
Sorry but that's the point. It's nothing new but the GIC continues to do fuck all about it!!! "We competed but defensive frailties cost us." Not good enough!

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

LDB wrote:Song and Diaby shocking so far and as much as I don't like to pick on youngsters Bartley does not look like the answer.
Hope he stays on, he's a youngster and has never played against the top teams (Dont clas Celtic as a top team before his spell in Scotland gets mentioned). Would rather he learned from this game than was thrown up against that caliber of players in the league next season.

And with that he's off :oops:
Last edited by Rocky Number Seven on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City were evens to win this, a great bet. Only coz I'd never bet against The Arse means I'm not quids in. :banghead:

T.S

Post by T.S »

rodders999 wrote:City were evens to win this, a great bet. Only coz I'd never bet against The Arse means I'm not quids in. :banghead:
It baffles me that you can bet on pre-season games!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

6/1 for city to win 3-1

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I think you have to look at the quality in City's team. Arsenal are hardly playing the first XI. Song is shit though.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Santos has looked surprisingly good today but he looks absolutely knackered now :lol:

T.S

Post by T.S »

What a fucking shot from the Ox :shock:

Post by 1989 »

What a hit from the OX