WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Walcott - contract talks/which position is best etc?

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:Am stunned to see a Walnut thread lasting 46 pages :shock: Almost makes the transfer thread look skimpy in comparison :wink: :lol:

HOY the rumours thread was over 375 pages long :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

"Hodgson worried Walcott virus will spread"

So are the Arsenal fans Roy, I assure you - his headless chicken act has already spread to Gervinho - lets hope it doesn't spread any further... :(

Post by 1989 »

He's gonna fuck off next summer on a free isn't he, the little prick.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:He's gonna fuck off next summer on a free isn't he, the little prick.

God it isnt gonna take that long is it ? :roll: I would let the brainless c**t go on a free now cos we aint gonna get any money for him at the end of the season and we run the real risk of him ballsing up several games in the meantime :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:He's gonna fuck off next summer on a free isn't he, the little prick.

God it isnt gonna take that long is it ? :roll: I would let the brainless c**t go on a free now cos we aint gonna get any money for him at the end of the season and we run the real risk of him ballsing up several games in the meantime :banghead:
Just get what we can for him in the window - £5m will do. Anything really. He doesn't want to be here and has contributed the best part of f++l all in six years. If he wants to play in his mythical best role of centre forward despite not having played there since he was about 14 then let the Mickeys or some other sad bunch of desperados offer him a 4 year deal and £100k per week, but for once I'm behind the club not over-rewarding this waste of space

Emmanuel_eboue27

Post by Emmanuel_eboue27 »

Wenger set an example with Song in selling him to Barca when he started flirting around with other clubs. Looks like he's finally not going to take any shit from players any more. I want Walcott to stay, whilst he has distinctly average figures since he joined the club, his pace regardless of his skill will always be an asset. He's also well liked in the dressing room and I'd still like to see him given a chance up front.

However, if it's true that he wants a new deal worth 100K a week, despite us offering a generous 75K then fuck him. If we gave in, we'd basically be rewarding him for a couple of decent purple patches last season and years of mediocrity. To be asking for that money in his stage of his career is obscene, he's 23 and has done nothing as of yet to earn it.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Emmanuel_eboue27 wrote:Wenger set an example with Song in selling him to Barca when he started flirting around with other clubs. Looks like he's finally not going to take any shit from players any more. I want Walcott to stay, whilst he has distinctly average figures since he joined the club, his pace regardless of his skill will always be an asset. He's also well liked in the dressing room and I'd still like to see him given a chance up front.

However, if it's true that he wants a new deal worth 100K a week, despite us offering a generous 75K then fuck him. If we gave in, we'd basically be rewarding him for a couple of decent purple patches last season and years of mediocrity. To be asking for that money in his stage of his career is obscene, he's 23 and has done nothing as of yet to earn it.
You want him to stay.But you havent got a good thing to say about him :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: He is a nice guy though :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Emmanuel_eboue27 wrote:. If we gave in, we'd basically be rewarding him for a couple of decent purple patches last season and years of mediocrity.
Sadly the couple of purple patches have been massively outweighed by the numerous brown patches in his pants when a half decent full back gets hold of him. Another overhyped Ing-er-lund wannabe.

I really want to see how this 'central striker' bull works out at another club

villej

Post by villej »

There have been enoug time to sign a new contract. He should have been sold to a highest bidder. He is far too average player even try to blackmail the club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

villej wrote:There have been enoug time to sign a new contract. He should have been sold to a highest bidder. He is far too average player even try to blackmail the club.
Yes isn't it funny how we were once able to keep Henry and Vieira at the club throughout their peak years despite playing in that little ground where we couldn't 'compete with Europe's elite', despite the constant advances of the likes of Real Madrid every Summer.....

....roll forward to 2012 in our shiny bowl (more like dirty bowel) and we're being held to ransom by the English Glenn Helder and likely to sell him for sweet FA in January to the likes of Liverpool

But of course, David Dein was a hound and a rotter for selling his shares and did nothing for the club. How many players ran down their contracts to the last year back then??????

augie

Post by augie »

Didnt matter whether DD was good at his job or not.......once the vindictive self serving c**t that ran our club had fallen out with him then his days were numbered at OUR CLUB :evil: The irony is that this was the same b*****d that had the cheek to spout bullshit to the fans about safeguarding the clubs future whilst getting shot of the only man who knew anything about how to run a football club :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

augie wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: He is a nice guy though :lol: :lol:
:D The new Eboue..only more expensive..and less black..

:barscarf:

kiwomyaswetdream

Its Walcott out the door for me...

Post by kiwomyaswetdream »

While i know most people have flogged this subject probably until it bled to death i just want to put my opinion up for discussion.
Theo has been with us some time now and its obvious to see he has a limited skill set. He has pace and pace and pace....I think thats about it really. Its not that i dont like the guy but its the way that his agents are obviously holding out for more money than he is worth. He is the exact reason why we tend to stay away from English players because they cost alot n signing and always think above their station.

You see i wouldnt mind if he was consistant. I mean going back in time here, Dixon and Winterburn were limited in their skills but they could be relyed upon week in week out and if they moaned back then i would have payed them whatever because they were worth it in bucketloads. Walcott?? one week yes next 3 weeks no..... I remember that Champions League against Liverpool a few years back. I nearly got into a row with a guy before the game because i was having a chat with friends telling them i didnt rate Walcott and this random older guy tells me im wrong then starts using the 'ive been a gooner 45 years argument' therefore im talking rubbish.. anyway we all know that game he played great.. after the game the guy tries to goad me and says 'see i was right' I wanted to smash his dumb face in because for all his experience he knew nothing about football and was trying to base his whole argument on 1 game. I cant stand stupid Gooners who make us look stupid too. So to sum it up..Do you think we should keep a player who divides everyone and performs 30% of the time and is he worth £100k a week (reportedly)

hugh jardon

Re: Its Walcott out the door for me...

Post by hugh jardon »

I really enjoy mashed potato with butter and milk.