WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
perrygrovesworld

Re: WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by perrygrovesworld »

With Del Boy and Rodders - he's stealing a living.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

perrygrovesworld wrote:With Del Boy and Rodders - he's stealing a living.
That's a totally unfair comment! :x :x Rodney had a legit job working for Casandra's dad at one point :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

perrygrovesworld wrote:With Del Boy and Rodders - he's stealing a living.
Rodders? Selling exotic BBQ meats and cum-stained pics of Natalie Sawyer is an honest living!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Walcott, the epitome of modern Arsenal. Handsomely rewarded despite being not very good at all.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I am a Walcott fan more than most on here but he has been in a poor run of form since the Man City game.

Physically he looks lacking a bit of sharpness.

I do not go along with the view he avoids getting involved.

I think the return of Ozil and Sanchez will help him get back some form.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Physically he looks lacking a bit of sharpness.
Arsene is that you?? :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Perhaps he is in the red zone physically?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Should have been subbed early on but couldn't possibly ruin his big day after Arsene had given him the armband and booked a party at Scallywags Spaceland for Theo and all of his friends.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Arsene is that you?? :lol:

:high5: :lol: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I remember when he scored two good goals at Birmingham in the game where Eduardo broke his leg, and thinking actually he has done absolutely fuck all since we signed him but surely this shows what this kid is capable of.

Fast forward 8 years and he has not progressed whatsoever. He still rocks up and floats on the periphery putting in piss-poor performance week after week, with the effective game once in a blue moon giving blinded people something to cling onto.

His overwhelming achievement in his decade here is fleecing the club for ludicrous undeserved contracts time after time.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Wally relied on pace to scare defenders, but he lost a bit of it and it will get worse. Pacey players are finished earlier than others. All he has is pace.... I used to love Walcott and his potential and used to get slated for it, now I see, unfortunately, that others were right.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

QuartzGooner wrote:I am a Walcott fan more than most on here but he has been in a poor run of form since the Man City game.
i'm with you on this.
I have always felt that Walcott didnt deserve all the criticism he got. WELL HE DOES NOW!
The last month his play has not merited a place in the squad let alone the team. in terrible form at present

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

QuartzGooner wrote:I am a Walcott fan more than most on here but he has been in a poor run of form since the Man City game.

Physically he looks lacking a bit of sharpness.

I do not go along with the view he avoids getting involved.

I think the return of Ozil and Sanchez will help him get back some form.
But with Walcott we are always waiting for him to show us his form...........................10 years and counting. Typical Wenger player, nice boy, never says a word out of line.
Oh how we would love a Diego Costa in our team. We may hate him but we'd also love to have him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:TEN YEARS OF POTENTIAL
On the money there BWK. 8)

In a few years we'll be saying the same thing about the Ox if Tactics Wenger has anything to do with it. :x :roll:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

The stats speak for themselves. In ten years at the club, he's scored 53 league goals (an average of 4.8 a season, including this eleventh season).

If this were Chamakh, Gervinho or Bendtner with this stat, they'd be rightly crucified - yet Walcott seems to get away with it, for some reason. How on earth can anyone think he's value for money? He's scored 13 league goals in the past three seasons FFS!

Giving him the armband was a complete joke too. It's not charity to be handed out based on sentimentality, and I can't think of any player in the club's history less of a leader than Walcott. I can't wait for the day this passionless fraud fucks off out of our club.

As my friend rightly pointed out in a text convo, if he were really any good, he'd have been snapped up long ago. Anybody ever notice how no clubs ever come in for him during transfer windows?