Bin Dippers v Arsenal match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topcat

Re: Bin Dippers v Arsenal match thread

Post by topcat »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
topcat wrote:Diaby was fucking IMMENSE today. Sorry diaby haters
where is SteveO these days, the bloke never rated Diaby. shows what he knew :wink:
Im not guna lie, i've never rated diaby myself! but at one stage on here "abou diabolical" as everyone liked to call him was getting blamed for everything! i did think that was a bit harsh! im a really happy gooner today, did you see how much city struggled at anfield! so to go there and boss their midefield was great stuff, lets give the team at least some credit today!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Excellent all round performance. Cazorla just has to keep fit, class player.
Diaby? Yep revelation today, hope it's the start of a new chapter in his time here.
Concerned about Giroud. Early days but not sure how his all round play will suit us. Hope I'm wrong.
Very promising 90 mins
:barscarf:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

A big well played to Diaby....he get's dogs abuse on here,sometimes justified. Showed today what he can be capable of....I truly hope for his sake and ours he can stay fit to continue with it. Let's not forget where his horrible injury record came from and started as our resident Sunderland visitor will remember.
:barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Despite my pessissism I'm fucking delighted with the result, the victims and the spuds are the 2 games that still really matter to me.
rvp did take a little of the shine off though, traitor bastard,

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

Diaby has always shown flashes of what he can do and I like the good bits.

The problem at this level is achieving consistency and further improvement.

I hope we have seen Abou's turning point and he will maintain the standard he set today AND remain fit.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Diaby looked like Vieira today. Such a beautifully balanced midfield Arsenal had.

Patrick Barclay twitter

Van Persie runs, arms aloft, to the fans who used to call him a rapist.

Twitter

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

a good win, and always nice to beat the victims

but how fucking awful were they, Reina omg, and too think a couple of years ago there was talk we were going to sign him for £21m

Gerrard, best days are deffo behind him and now a liability

Suarez, a diving fucking cheat

there best player was a 17 year old kid called sterling :D

also the subs bench Downing and Shelvey LOL. I thought we would stuggle this season, but fucking Liverpool are woeful and rodgers will be gone by Xmas. stupid to let Kuyt and Carroll leave :D

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Glitch33 wrote:Diaby has always shown flashes of what he can do and I like the good bits.

The problem at this level is achieving consistency and further improvement.

I hope we have seen Abou's turning point and he will maintain the standard he set today AND remain fit.
Whilst I would be cautious about saying Abu is the new PV4, we all must rememner the guy had the same gut turning injury as Ramsey and Eduardo. Not easy to replicate form after that. I wish him welll but, I surely do.

Go for it Diaby :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Really good performance against a very shit Liverpool side though, Arteta was class today, still undefeated and 3 clean sheets... Arsene knows eh...!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We played well today but the real test of how good we are will be the games against city and chelsea,we will see how good our defence is then,but for time being im happy enough but how long will that last.Knowing our luck we will pick up some injuries during the internationals.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Had a good day, watched the game in The 12 Pins where the atmosphere was excellent, thought we really deserved the win. Was a little concerned that we started the game fairly slowly without being able to keep hold of the ball, but from about 30 mins onwards we controlled it & never really looked troubled at the back.

Great finish Poldi & Santi is so good, I still have to pinch myself every time I see that he's actually playing for us. Up The Arse!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Will be interesting if Diaby stays fit to see whether or not he can produce any kind of consistency at all. I still worry about his temperament, he's let us down before with stupid red cards and every time there's a loose ball I'm terrified he's going to stamp into a tackle and leave us in the lurch for a nothing challenge.

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

So many positives to take from today.

Solid defence, the tracking back of Podolski & Ox. There seems a good togetherness in this squad, everyone willing to dig in and help each other out.

The perfromance of whole team but in particular Arteta, Jenks and Diaby today was excellent.

More of the same in the coming weeks :barscarf:

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

Nasri8 wrote:So many positives to take from today.

Solid defence, the tracking back of Podolski & Ox. There seems a good togetherness in this squad, everyone willing to dig in and help each other out.

The perfromance of whole team but in particular Arteta, Jenks and Diaby today was excellent.

That Abu run to setup Giroud. :bowing21:
Wondered Why Arsene ignored Theo. Considering our attacking options, I was expecting him to come on for Giroud.

augie

Post by augie »

Rohan wrote:
Nasri8 wrote:So many positives to take from today.

That Abu run to setup Giroud. :bowing21:
Wondered Why Arsene ignored Theo. Considering our attacking options, I was expecting him to come on for Giroud.

Maybe cos he is shit and his ball retention is worse than shit and ball retention is half of our game :roll: