Bin Dippers v Arsenal match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Bin Dippers v Arsenal match thread

Post by Herd »

Am I the only one who finds Irish people taking the piss out of Liverpool somewhat Ironic ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Am I the only one who finds Irish people taking the piss out of Liverpool somewhat Ironic ?
Ironic in what way, Rakeem? Do explain.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Am I the only one who finds Irish people taking the piss out of Liverpool somewhat Ironic ?
Ironic in what way, Rakeem? Do explain.
Can only mean one thing

:popcorn:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sorry I meant self parody !

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

I will reply because I presume this is directed at my post. What is ironic about supporters of one football club taking the piss out of supporters of another?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ok il die here but i do find it amusing that people from Ireland never cease (on this site anyway) to take the piss out of the City of Liverpool when the vast majority of people from the city of Liverpool are from or have direct descendants from Ireland !

RoscommonGooner

Herd wrote:Ok il die here but i do find it amusing that people from Ireland never cease (on this site anyway) to take the piss out of the City of Liverpool when the vast majority of people from the city of Liverpool are from or have direct descendants from Ireland !
Again, how was my post taking the piss out of people from the city of Liverpool? It was a link to a toffee taking the piss out of Liverpool supporters, no mention in there of where they are from. Not all supporters of football clubs live within 5 minutes of their stadium. You above all people should know that.

Anywho, back to the game. I think we will scrape a 1-0 win :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I didnt see yours to be honest so no it wasnt aimed at u .......il have a coffee

RoscommonGooner

Herd wrote:I didnt see yours to be honest so no it wasnt aimed at u .......il have a coffee
You should read it, it's quiet funny :wink:
I'm going to have a coffee too :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I did ,and it is ! 8) :) I'l try and slip quietly away from my latest foot in mouth incident !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Ok il die here but i do find it amusing that people from Ireland never cease (on this site anyway) to take the piss out of the City of Liverpool when the vast majority of people from the city of Liverpool are from or have direct descendants from Ireland !
We also rip the piss out of every town/city in Oireland that we are not personally from! :lol:

And every Engerlish city is swamped with "Engerlish" people with Oirish blood. We like-ah to fuck-ah. Yes-ah, we do-ah. :D 8)

:wink:

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

It will be an interesting game as it is the first team that we will play this season that might actually try and win a football match against us :shock: :roll:

Will be the first test to see if Bouldy has improved our defence and if Poldi and 'The french Andy Carroll' are really up to it. It will be tight so I reckon 1-1

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

3-0 arsenal 8)

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

RocastleRock wrote:Got corporate tickets for this one :D .

First visit to Anfield.

I'd rather be in the away end :|
I did this a few years ago thanks to a mouser mate and it wasnt to bad actually. Good grub at HT and even saw half the cast of hollyoaks (fit ones) to boot. Even saw a few Arsenal shirts and no-one seemed to be giving them any hassle, just a bit of that ever so famous scouse wit. ha ha

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

2-1 to The Arsenal. Podolski and Cazorla will find their feet in this one. :barscarf:

hopefully...