Canaries V (what proved to be) the Arsenal light-weights

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Canaries V (what proved to be) the Arsenal light-weights

Post by Chippy »

I hate the bloody international breaks! 2 weeks of looking forward to what should another 3points. :evil:

Vinny1967

Re: Canaries V the mighty Arsenal

Post by Vinny1967 »

Should mighty not read Mighty :lol: :wink:

Chippy

Re: Canaries V the Mighty Arsenal

Post by Chippy »

Just for you. :mrgreen:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Chippy wrote:Just for you. :mrgreen:
Ta Chippy :lol:

Pints will go down better after that :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fucking hate international breaks. Especially at the start of the season.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Fucking hate international breaks. Especially at the start of the season.
international football is so fucking pointless unless it's the world cup :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Fucking hate international breaks. Especially at the start of the season.
international football is so fucking pointless unless it's the world cup :banghead:
To make it even worse imagine your country spending 6 or 7 years "in transition", emerging from that for 6 months before plumming deeper depths of hopelessness than ever for the foreseeable future. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Strange Norwich selling out to 15+ and West Ham 5+, ah well a win here will do just nicely

International break is shit but: http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/ head down to a local team!

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

If we win this game I think we have a great chance of pushing on and challenging for the title :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Peeman wrote:If we win this game I think we have a great chance of pushing on and challenging for the title :barscarf:
fucking knee jerkers :censored: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

England v San Marino - how fucking exciting. When are UEFA / FIFA going to sort this shit out and put all these clowns (Faroes, Malta, Luxembourg etc) in some sort of pre-qualifying tournament. For the league to be disrupted by proper qualifying games is bad enough but having to endure this nonsense at the expense of league football just isn't right. What do either team get from 90 minutes of being camped in one half and winning by somewhere between five and ten goals.

Sort it out FFS

Anyway - Norwich have to be just about the weakest team around defensively. This should be part two of the essential 9 points from 3 games following on from the Shammers and ending by beating QPR

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

Two weeks to save yer pennies for the quailty booze up that always happens at the budgies :cheers:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:England v San Marino - how fucking exciting. When are UEFA / FIFA going to sort this shit out and put all these clowns (Faroes, Malta, Luxembourg etc) in some sort of pre-qualifying tournament. For the league to be disrupted by proper qualifying games is bad enough but having to endure this nonsense at the expense of league football just isn't right. What do either team get from 90 minutes of being camped in one half and winning by somewhere between five and ten goals.

Sort it out FFS

Anyway - Norwich have to be just about the weakest team around defensively. This should be part two of the essential 9 points from 3 games following on from the Shammers and ending by beating QPR
Huge shout. When you have teams like San Marino, Liechtenstein etc that have managed 1 or 2 wins in their entire competitive history it takes the piss that we have to spend a fortnight bored as fuck whilst multi-million footballers waste their time playing against parks players.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I'm going for 6-1.

Holt is useful but Norwich are worse than Southampton.

Pod to score first.

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

Absolouteley agree this international break is waste of time. I would be able to put up with it more if games like vs San Marino were used as a chance to ease talented youngsters into the England setup i.e. Cleverley, Jenko, Gibbs, Ox, Moses, Welbeck, Sturridge, Butland etc etc...

But since the most likeley participants are going to be Lampard, Cashley and Shwc**t I think I'll pass....

Unless we make a complete hash of it as we did at the end of last season I think we should beat Norwich easily. Their defence looks very poor- especially the centre back pairing- and they won't set the world alight going forward, holt and Morison will provide the same physical threat we dealt with excellently yesterday and I have full confidence that we will deal with their physical threat with equal assurance.

3-0 To The Arsenal! :barscarf: