Canaries V (what proved to be) the Arsenal light-weights

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dPmunky

Re: Canaries V (what proved to be) the Arsenal light-weights

Post by dPmunky »

the flight isnt the problem for me, it's the team constantly playing to the level of the competition we face. we play bottom of the table teams and we play like a bottom feeder team. we play top 3 teams (win or lose) we play like a top flight team. bottom line, we lack consistency and it is not a new problem

Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote: Saw that idiot from AST on Twitter moaning on and on and on about it, fanning the flames of a nothing issue. Slags off the club - but im sure takes any Hospitality from them that comes his way
Payton? Nothing but moan, I like a moan up - but that bloke takes the michael.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:they should have had a coach up the day before and stayed in a hotel/countryclub outside norwich. they should all be together the night before away games as club policy. maybe they stayed in a hotel the night before getting the plane.
The players flew up on the Friday.
They trained at London Colney in the morning, then short trip to (nah) Luton Airport, then flight and stayed in hotel Friday night.

The players stay in hotels before away games and I think still before all home games too, they certainly did ten years ago.

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

They stay in Hotels the night before all games !!!!!!!

What a waste of money ! Can they not turn up with their boots 1 hour before kick off like it should be. If they are 5 mins late fine them a fiver and for every subsequent 5 mins. If they are not there half an hour before kick off, drop them. Worked for Lourdes Celtic :roll: :wink:

For me the flight is a non issue.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

im not that bothered that we took a flight, im bothered that anyone would take a flight to norwich from london. completely unnecessary imo if its arsenal, united, wba, or someone off here. complete waste of energy/money. hows that going to save the whales??

yes they should stay in hotels b4 all games so the club can keep an eye on them. i wouldnt trust most footabllers to abstain b4 a match if left to there own devices.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Paul Smith wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote: Saw that idiot from AST on Twitter moaning on and on and on about it, fanning the flames of a nothing issue. Slags off the club - but im sure takes any Hospitality from them that comes his way
Payton? Nothing but moan, I like a moan up - but that bloke takes the michael.
Thats him - absolute drivel all the time....im sure he has never taken up any Hospitality from the Club he loves to slag off all the time - media sheep.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I think he's been too negative,
and I've understood the clubs reticence about gambling in the inflated transfer market

that said I think the time has come where we have to speculate to accumulate
if this winter, Wenger can go and buy a £500k Anelka fine
but whatever striker we buy they have to arrive and start scoring immediately