Carl Jenkinson trains with England

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Carl Jenkinson trains with England

Post by StuartL »

As per the article, our Carl trained with the squad today at London Colney but hasn't been drafted into the squad for the match on Tuesday night.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/arse ... Wdl;_ylv=3

_James_

Re: Carl Jenkinson trains with England

Post by _James_ »

Didn't Shea train a few years back with England. I guess it is good for him to train with England I doubt the Finland would be too happy though as they probably want him to play for them.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He's already turned down a full cap for Finland. I just hopes he has some sensible guidance and makes the right decision, England would have no qualms in giving him a cap or two and then never giving him a proper chance after that.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

northbank123 wrote:He's already turned down a full cap for Finland. I just hopes he has some sensible guidance and makes the right decision, England would have no qualms in giving him a cap or two and then never giving him a proper chance after that.
that would work out quite wonderfully for us, 1 less player to worry on international break

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

RioGooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:He's already turned down a full cap for Finland. I just hopes he has some sensible guidance and makes the right decision, England would have no qualms in giving him a cap or two and then never giving him a proper chance after that.
that would work out quite wonderfully for us, 1 less player to worry on international break
True. Would just feel sorry for the lad if he got shat on by England. For me the kid doesn't have much hope with Smalling and Jones around, as long as they're at United they'll get picked.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm more concerned that they might play him regularly right up until he becomes another one of our usual post-interlull casualties. :roll: :banghead:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Said on radio he can't be in squad as takes 1m for ''international clearance'' having played for Finland u21's ?

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

I really hope he doesn't end up for England, just another player who will be overplayed in silly international competitions.

If he does turn out for the three lions, more power to him and I wish him well; but as a selfish Arsenal fan, I would much rather see him play the fewer times for Finland.

-----------------------------------
CanadianGunners.ca - Newest post: "We Haven't Forgot About You!"

Post by 1989 »

I'm happy for him to play for England. He's English, born in England, talks like an Englishman and feels like one. The only connection he has with Finland is through his mother and that's it.

Be great to have England's future starting full backs playing for us - Jenko and Gibbo.

Post by 1989 »

It's official now, he's committed his international future to England:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19956858

Herd

Post by Herd »

The only connection he has with Finland is through his mother and that's it.

So he's half Finnish ,and I suppose speaking the language and playing for them @ International level doesn't count then !

The only reason I hope he joins England is so he doesn't get picked much and thus wont join the long list of International game crocks which Arsenal are so famous for !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Where's the shrug shoulders emoticon? I really couldnt care if he trains with or play for england :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:I'm happy for him to play for England. He's English, born in England, talks like an Englishman and feels like one. The only connection he has with Finland is through his mother and that's it.

Be great to have England's future starting full backs playing for us - Jenko and Gibbo.
:roll:

Yeah that would be great wouldn't it? Two constantly overplayed and injured full backs.

Fuck the Interlull. Arsenal before all else. 8)

Titi Gooner for life

Post by Titi Gooner for life »

Love the mans attitude.

Has applied himself very well this season.

Proper Gooner too.

Hope he doesnt break into England team from Arsenal POV though!

slag

Post by slag »

Forget England and play for Finland, much more likely to get regular international games