Man Of The Match Thread - for All Games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Man Of The Match Thread - for All Games

Post by OneBardGooner »

Following moans and whinging from Mcdowell because I started a MOTM thread separate from the initial game thread, I thoght we could have a running MOTM thread that changed with each game, so:

Man Of The Match for:

Reading v Arsenal:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -your-motm?

Make your mark!?

:barscarf:

SteveO 35

Re: Man Of The Match Thread - for All Games

Post by SteveO 35 »

Without a shadow of doubt, Chamakh

A lone forward role in this team is a thankless task and the bloke was fucking outstanding for 120 mins. He looked better with some assistance up front - who wouldn't?

Nice thread and good suggestion from McDowell. Now where are those January rumours ? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Without a shadow of doubt, Chamakh

A lone forward role in this team is a thankless task and the bloke was fucking outstanding for 120 mins. He looked better with some assistance up front - who wouldn't?

Nice thread and good suggestion from McDowell. Now where are those January rumours ? :D

Apparently Chamakh is on his way out! :shock: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Theo.
Back from injury.
Clinical finishing, and good runs, worked for all 120 minutes.
Came close at other times too.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Theo.
Back from injury.
Clinical finishing, and good runs, worked for all 120 minutes.
Came close at other times too.
Only 2 players that could genuinely be considered, Chamakh and Walcott.

Two players that did it for the whole two hours.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Chamcott.

:twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

Arshavin by a country mile - started the game with an unbelievable pass for the media favourite (feo) who managed to balls it up with his first touch :roll:
First goal tonight set up by another perfectly weighted through ball by our midget russian 8)
Laid on the pass for chamakh's first goal. Made the driving run and shot from which theo scored our 6th goal.
Do I need to go on ? :lol: :barscarf:

bitterandstout

Post by bitterandstout »

chamshavin for me :box:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Apparently Chamakh is on his way out!

There are cures for Aids nowadays !

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

For me it was Giroud. The whole game changed when he came on, we looked much more of a threat. Shout out to Miquel to, didnt play amazingly well but he kept at it until he just couldn't take a minute longer :barscarf:

Chamakh played well. Walcott wasn't great for the whole match, still dont rate him,

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

DarylAFC wrote:For me it was Giroud. The whole game changed when he came on, we looked much more of a threat.
+1

could have had 3 on another day as well

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Walcott deffo. 8)

Other players played well in the second half but Feo Feo just never stopped, never gave up and at 4-0 down the goal he got right on half time set the pace for the second half. A towering performance from him.

Special mentions too to Geroud, Chamakh and especially Jenko - he never gave up and just played his guts out. Also thought Kos did alot better in the 2nd half after an appalling first half.

AA23 played some fantastic through balls but that good work was somewhat undone by the amount of times he pissed posession away and the amount of bad passes he also delivered. He frustrates the living shit out of me - there is very obviously serious skill, technique and talent there, but he just seems to coast his way lazily through so many games... :|

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

augie wrote:Arshavin by a country mile - started the game with an unbelievable pass for the media favourite (feo) who managed to balls it up with his first touch :roll:
First goal tonight set up by another perfectly weighted through ball by our midget russian 8)
Laid on the pass for chamakh's first goal. Made the driving run and shot from which theo scored our 6th goal.

Agree. I know Theo got the 3 goals but in my opinion for continued involvement and effort along with the assists I vote for Arshavin.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:Arshavin by a country mile - started the game with an unbelievable pass for the media favourite (feo) who managed to balls it up with his first touch :roll:
So ignoring a pass completion rate that makes Ramsey's look world class, backheeling and outside of the boot flicking Alex Song style when 4-0 down, pathetic shooting.........yes you did need to go on.

At this rate of tunnel vision viewing mate, you'll be claiming Mertesacker had a stormer too :D

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
So ignoring a pass completion rate that makes Ramsey's look world class, backheeling and outside of the boot flicking Alex Song style when 4-0 down, pathetic shooting.........yes you did need to go on.

At this rate of tunnel vision viewing mate, you'll be claiming Mertesacker had a stormer too :D

My 9 year old son got "BFG" and number 4 on the back of his shirt last saturday :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:
His mother and grandparents were not overly impressed though :lol: :lol: :lol: