BSM March before Swansea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: BSM March before Swansea

Post by DB10GOONER »

N1Goon wrote:I will definitely be attending the anti-Wenger march. I want to enjoy Arsenal again. My plan as a child was always to get a good paying job and get a season ticket for myself and my children. Wenger has ruined football for me to the point where I am happy when shit teams beat us.
I can't agree with being happy when we lose - I'm always pissed off when we lose but now my usual anger is a sort of dulled down sadness at the predictability of it all. But I do agree Arsene is ruining football for me... :(

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
N1Goon wrote:I will definitely be attending the anti-Wenger march. I want to enjoy Arsenal again. My plan as a child was always to get a good paying job and get a season ticket for myself and my children. Wenger has ruined football for me to the point where I am happy when shit teams beat us.
I can't agree with being happy when we lose - I'm always pissed off when we lose but now my usual anger is a sort of dulled down sadness at the predictability of it all. But I do agree Arsene is ruining football for me... :(
I have to admit, I said Yesssss when they scored the first on Saturday and then just laughed when the second one went in. I simply didn't want Wenger to escape with more than he deserved from the game, thus leaving him no room for maneuver.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

3,000 members that is good to hear.

we have to build on this though, keep the momentum going :wink:

classy move from the Jacks to applaud you all, too.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Arsenal Canada co-chair and local pundit Morgan Rubes calls out the Black Scarf Movement in his latest contribution to small-time local podcast "Premier Punditry":

http://www.premierpunditry.com/?powerpr ... 18-podcast - Starts @ 5:57

"...Every time Arsenal lose I get more and more desperate for silverware and I lean more and more to agreeing with some of the people I despise, that are doing things like the Black Scarf March [sic] that I think are destabilizing forces; the Black Scarf March being where before the Swansea match, fans marched and boo'd management and chanted against management..."

How would you reply to that, Black Scarf members? Just curious.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

He doesn't know what he's talking aboot!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Barriecuda wrote:Arsenal Canada co-chair and local pundit Morgan Rubes calls out the Black Scarf Movement in his latest contribution to small-time local podcast "Premier Punditry":

"...Every time Arsenal lose I get more and more desperate for silverware and I lean more and more to agreeing with some of the people I despise, that are doing things like the Black Scarf March [sic] that I think are destabilizing forces; the Black Scarf March being where before the Swansea match, fans marched and boo'd management and chanted against management..."

Destabilizing forces? The players themselves would have been barely aware (if at all) of the protest, you can hardly blame it for their woeful performance. Likewise for the fact that Wenger decided to play the same formation that had seen us struggle against Fulham, Villa and Everton in recent games except with the addition of Gervinho as a lone forward. Let that sink in for a minute.

The BSM has been explicitly silent on Wenger (to the ire of many) so you can't level the accusation at them that they're destablizing the squad or undermining his management amongst the players. It's a board-level protest, and given that the two main characters were in a hospital bed and in the USA respectively it's absurd to blame the march. The BSM is a reaction to the situation, not the cause. It's a protest against board management, not Wenger so the quote in itself completely misses the core objective of the BSM.

As I've said, it's not the BSM who's crammed the wage bill with overpaid underachievers, sold all our best players and plays the same rigid tactics game after game.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Must... not...be....xenophobic....

JD needs sort out these foreign fans and put them in their place :lol:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Herd wrote:
clockender1 wrote:good man Dan :barscarf:

another pic from the daily mail :

Wouldnt argue with Mr BF Holding that flag if I was U ! ! ! !
That was the only time I've seen him around for a good few years.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Barriecuda wrote:Arsenal Canada co-chair and local pundit Morgan Rubes calls out the Black Scarf Movement in his latest contribution to small-time local podcast "Premier Punditry":

Rubes by name, Rubes by nature :wink:

in the US - a rube is a mug, a patsy, a fall guy, a sheep, easily fooled and bought off.

perfect for that guy :mrgreen:

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]That was the only time I've seen him around for a good few years.[/quote]

Hi missus wont let him out often !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Barrie - Rubes is a twat. You moose-fuckers need a coup d'état, mate! :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The Canadian Tom Watt :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

donaldo wrote:

The Canadian Tom Watt :banghead:
:lol:

Sycophant *word censored*