Bradford away travel

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jakeybown

Re: Bradford away travel

Post by Jakeybown »

SWLGooner wrote:Jakey you know there is a 5.00 train from Leeds that gets into London at half 7 don't you??

Train journeys that take 8 hours are generally not advisable :lol:

I don't have work on the weds so hotel is fine for me, hoping to get tickets tomorrow when they go to red members

oldherd

Post by oldherd »

topgoon wrote:WTF is the problem with this club. If they provide a train demand for tkts and said train will be high. Its not exactly rocket science is it. Give something back to the fans for once you penny pinching bean counting c**ts. You lose more in Squillaci's weekly f**king wage than you would with one f**king charter train :banghead:

The trains put on by the club and heavily subsidised were very badly supported so they decided no more. It costs 32,000 to charter the train and at best (Leeds) only 100 people travelled.

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Anyone know what section we'll get? 4300 allocation..does that equate to the whole of the Midland Road Stand?

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Sold out not to bad for a league 2 winter Tuesday night

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Mood1987 wrote:Sold out not to bad for a league 2 winter Tuesday night
With no travel available :lol:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Mood1987 wrote:Sold out not to bad for a league 2 winter Tuesday night
went down to general sale though, so much for all the credits that everyone was after :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Credit to us gooners that we manage to sell out an allocation of 4300 tickets to a midweek game, in the arse end of nowhere 200 miles from London, to watch a mixture of youth and reserve players contest a competition that no-one is interested in winning..... Can't wait! Strange thing is that I'm more excited about Bradford away than Spurs at home at the weekend.... :barscarf: :barscarf: !!

I see that the Travel Club coaches do at least give the option of pick ups from Arsenal, London Gateway Services, Gillingham, South Mimms and Newport Pagnell.
Last edited by MK Gould on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

goonermarc wrote:Anyone know what section we'll get? 4300 allocation..does that equate to the whole of the Midland Road Stand?
It does.... It seems to be covered and along the whole of one side of the ground.

Thanks to the Football Ground Guide for the following:
What's The Ground Like?
The term 'a game of two halves' is often applied to a football game; in the case of Valley Parade, a stadium of 'two halves' comes to mind. The ground has been now been completely re-built since the mid 80's, but the initial impression is that one side is twice as big as the other. The Kop End (or now known as the Carlsberg Stand), is a relatively new two tiered stand, that is simply huge and looks quite superb. It once towered over the rest of the ground, but the addition of another tier to the Co-Operative Main Stand during 2001 has led to it meeting its once larger neighbour. With the corner between these stands also being filled, one has a truly impressive spectacle.

The rest of the ground now looks somehow rather out of place. The Betrescue (Midland Road) Stand is a covered single tiered stand, which has windshields to each side. At some other grounds this would look impressive, as it is of a fair size and is free of supporting pillars. However it almost is lost in the shadow of its larger newer neighbours. At the remaining end is the TL Dallas stand which is an odd looking small 'double decker' type stand. This two tiered covered stand has the upper tier largely overhanging the lower tier, giving this 'double decker' effect. There is also an electric scoreboard in one corner of the ground.
In the upper tier of the corner of the Co-operative Main Stand and Carlsberg Kop Stands is located a fans flag dedicated to the fans who lost their lives in the Bradford City fire at the ground in May 1985.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Travel club for me!

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Ive decided that Wetherspoons in Leeds station is probably the safest bet pre match , then on a 15 minute train straight to the ground after that. Ground is a taxi ride or 20 minute walk from either Frizinghall or forster square depending on which train you get on from Leeds.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

gunner_ace wrote:Ive decided that Wetherspoons in Leeds station is probably the safest bet pre match , then on a 15 minute train straight to the ground after that. Ground is a taxi ride or 20 minute walk from either Frizinghall or forster square depending on which train you get on from Leeds.
Don't know what you mean by safest, but I don't think Bradford City have much of a reputation trouble wise. And with us having almost a fifth of the tickets there should be no trouble finding other gooners to drink with in the town.

Simon

Post by Simon »

JMascis666 wrote:Travel club for me!
Flash knows a bloke who can sort you out with free boiled eggs for the whole journey!

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

MK Gould wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:Ive decided that Wetherspoons in Leeds station is probably the safest bet pre match , then on a 15 minute train straight to the ground after that. Ground is a taxi ride or 20 minute walk from either Frizinghall or forster square depending on which train you get on from Leeds.
Don't know what you mean by safest, but I don't think Bradford City have much of a reputation trouble wise. And with us having almost a fifth of the tickets there should be no trouble finding other gooners to drink with in the town.
mean safest bet in the context of maximising drinking time and getting the most sloshed. ha ha. Seriously though 3 different Bantams I know have all said stay out of Bradford city centre, its a shit-hole.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

gunner_ace wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
mean safest bet in the context of maximising drinking time and getting the most sloshed. ha ha. Seriously though 3 different Bantams I know have all said stay out of Bradford city centre, its a shit-hole.
I've spent a lot of time in Bradford over the years and had some great ruby's! Not such a great place for drinking though I'd agree. Not for the first time....I'll be partaking in the all you can eat buffet at the chinese on the main square at lunchtime that day. I think there is a memorial nearby to those killed in the fire.

They've spent a lot of money on Bradford over the years and while it is still no oil painting, it's not quite the hole it once was. I'm sure that the local pubs (and curry houses!) are looking forward to 4300 wealthy southerners spending their hard earned in their establishments!!

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Driving up in the morning and will definitely sample the local curry, and no doubt end up sloshed in the process, ( im not designated driver) will be drinking in Bradford town rather than Leeds I think and I'm sure there will be a pub we hijack for the day