Arsenal v Montpellier

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Re: Arsenal v Montpellier

Post by MK Gould »

Robin_L wrote:Would prefer an Olympiacos result in Schalke as it gives us more of a shot at 1st place but as someone rightly pointed out, we're in trouble anyway if we get a Juventus or a Real Madrid, so claiming top spot guarantees nothing as it is. Probably best to try and wrap it up now and send the kids on their annual trip to Greece.
So which is it..... Do you want an "Olympiacos result in Schalke as it gives us more of a shot at 1st place".....or "best to try and wrap it up now and send the kids on their annual trip to Greece"? I often change my mind, but rarely in the same post 8) :D ?

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Former players like RvP and Greedy have haunted us this season already, so I hope Giroud will have a huge impact against his former club with at least a brace to ease us through.

I can see us win this 4 - 1 :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

highburyJD wrote:in terms of away days I'd love
Malaga, who have won their group - lovely part of the world decent weather
PSG, might well win theirs - never seen us win in Paris but had 3 legendary trips
Celtic - midweek drinks in Glesga, your weekend starts here

want to avoid
Porto been there done that. The sherry museum doesn't need a 3rd visit (Braga could go through too)
Barca, sick of being Messi-lated
Zenit/Shaktar too far and expensive...

was going to say whoever comes 2nd in ManUre's group of budge is best avoided for dullness
but Istanbul can be quite lively

Oh please not the Parc de Princess again. I still have the scars from the last visit there. Oh and a reunion with Ibrahimovic

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

difficult match, narrow result (2-1), Poldi to score the winner the minute he's about to get substituted 8). and a point in Greece...

Anderlecht next round, then Dortmund & Bayern in the QF and the semi (or vice versa) and just anyone in the final - Celtic would do :barscarf:

_James_

Post by _James_ »

goonermarc wrote:Then we'll get beat as usual in Greece with a bunch of kids, finish 2nd and get knocked out by Barcelona next round.
I think if we qualify we will get Malaga in the next round, they should top their group.

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

_James_ wrote:
goonermarc wrote:Then we'll get beat as usual in Greece with a bunch of kids, finish 2nd and get knocked out by Barcelona next round.
I think if we qualify we will get Malaga in the next round, they should top their group.
That would be a great away trip to be fair though, i'd expect it to be a popular one.

I'm still hoping for Istanbul though, been hoping for that trip for a few years now after missing out on Fenerbahce.

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Malaga would ba as popular as schalke

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

2-1 Arsenal

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Poldi wrote:difficult match, narrow result (2-1), Poldi to score the winner the minute he's about to get substituted 8). and a point in Greece...

Anderlecht next round, then Dortmund & Bayern in the QF and the semi (or vice versa) and just anyone in the final - Celtic would do :barscarf:
:lol:

Brussels, Dortmund the Bayern...I can see where you're going with this one!

:barscarf: 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Come 2nd and we'll get Barcelona. Win the group and it'll be Real Madrid if they finish 2nd.

The usual fair draw by the goons at UEFA. Lets hope its as technologically advanced as last season when they invited the ex-Bayern Munich captain on stage to handpick one of three teams from a goldfish bowl where he gets to see each team dropped in, rolls his hand around for 3 seconds and lo and behold picks out the easiest draw for his team.

Finish 3rd however, and we have the real prospect of entering a competition that we have a chance of winning. 20 years on from our double cup season, I'd be more interested in winning the League and Europa Cup double than I would, getting pasted 4-1 in the Nou Camp or Bernabeu

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

SteveO 35 wrote:Come 2nd and we'll get Barcelona. Win the group and it'll be Real Madrid if they finish 2nd.

The usual fair draw by the goons at UEFA. Lets hope its as technologically advanced as last season when they invited the ex-Bayern Munich captain on stage to handpick one of three teams from a goldfish bowl where he gets to see each team dropped in, rolls his hand around for 3 seconds and lo and behold picks out the easiest draw for his team.

Finish 3rd however, and we have the real prospect of entering a competition that we have a chance of winning. 20 years on from our double cup season, I'd be more interested in winning the League and Europa Cup double than I would, getting pasted 4-1 in the Nou Camp or Bernabeu
Which I think puts us on a par with a Birmingham or Middlesbrough....

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Arsenal 2 - 1 Montpellier :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SSN.

Theo out of game against montpellier with shoulder injury.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Glad Ox played so.well in his cameo...
dont wanna see Rambo out there.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

MK Gould wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Come 2nd and we'll get Barcelona. Win the group and it'll be Real Madrid if they finish 2nd.

Which I think puts us on a par with a Birmingham or Middlesbrough....
When either of those two win two cups in a single season maybe, until then.......in fact two cups in their history would be a start