DI MATTEO SACKED!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Re: DI MATTEO SACKED!!!

Post by TheCook »

Please make John Terry manager ; that would be hilarious

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

skizz_b wrote:according to Guillem Balague Pep was approached but said he wanted to continue his sabbatical. what was it brendan rogers said about the Chelsea job, "I'm trying to make my career, not ruin it"?

the fat spanish waiter is frontrunner right now
True, but its funny how a truck load of cash has the miracoulous effect of making people change their career plans. We shall see.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:Please make John Terry manager ; that would be hilarious
:coffeespit:

Please make this happen!! :lol:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

DB10GOONER wrote:

with fat Frank as his 2IC

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I'd prefer to see Mark Hughes

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

It is days like today that I wish Abramovich was our Chairman. Wenger, the luckiest man in football.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Anyone thats wants their football club run like Chelsea needs their head examined.

Whilst i dont disagree with Managers being culpable - he has turned Chelsea into an absolute shambles - a laughing stock.

They have had some great times in the short term, but at what cost? They have humilated one of "their own" in Di Matteo, a servant to the club.....if we did that to one of our legends id be ashamed.

Short term we have things to debate about, but we have a football club to be proud of, do they?

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Anyone thats wants their football club run like Chelsea needs their head examined.

Whilst i dont disagree with Managers being culpable - he has turned Chelsea into an absolute shambles - a laughing stock.

They have had some great times in the short term, but at what cost? They have humilated one of "their own" in Di Matteo, a servant to the club.....if we did that to one of our legends id be ashamed.

Short term we have things to debate about, but we have a football club to be proud of, do they?
Hear hear, agree with almost everything but hate the fact that he's made them from a nothing club to a genuine European heavyweight.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Anyone thats wants their football club run like Chelsea needs their head examined.

"A laughing stock"? What have we become then under the current regime? Throwing away four goal leads. Losing a final to a team that went on to get relegated. 8-2 at Old Trafford. The first team ever to fail to have a single shot on goal in a Champions League match. Losing a captain a season. "Fourth place is like a trophy". Bring on the humiliation of the Chavs then. After 7 years of total and utter abject failure, at this point I would be happy for us to sack a manager a season if we get some success along the way. Let's be clear, we are far more a “laughing stock” than the Champions of Europe. The problem is that the Wenger apologists will use this as an example of proof that somehow a Club that accepts failure is ‘classier’ than a club that won’t. Let’s worry less about what others are up to and deal with our own humiliations which go on from week to week and season to season.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Chelski have done the right thing binning him,
he's clueless (Ancelotti is their really poor sacking)
I think we could have finished ahead of them again with RDM at the helm
bad news for us

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

ThomasMitchell wrote:

"A laughing stock"? What have we become then under the current regime? Throwing away four goal leads. Losing a final to a team that went on to get relegated. 8-2 at Old Trafford. The first team ever to fail to have a single shot on goal in a Champions League match. Losing a captain a season. "Fourth place is like a trophy". Bring on the humiliation of the Chavs then. After 7 years of total and utter abject failure, at this point I would be happy for us to sack a manager a season if we get some success along the way. Let's be clear, we are far more a “laughing stock” than the Champions of Europe. The problem is that the Wenger apologists will use this as an example of proof that somehow a Club that accepts failure is ‘classier’ than a club that won’t. Let’s worry less about what others are up to and deal with our own humiliations which go on from week to week and season to season.
Whilst our current model is definitely not the best one i really dont think Chelsea's one is something to aspire to by any stretch of the imagination. Abrohamovich just throws enough money at the problem and they win a trophy of some sort. That is all fine and dandy i wish we had an owner who would invest in the club to win a trophy but what i detest is the notion that as soon as there is a blip you give your manager the boot and get someone new in. They are still well within a shout of the winning the league this year, aren'e 100% out of the CL so why the need to sack the guy. If i was a Chelsea fan i would have immediately put RDM in the Legends category even if he wasnt in it already immediately after winning the CL and FA Cup last year and you wake up this morning and he is sacked, where is the continuity? Afterall if Ferguscum was in charge of Chelsea he would have been sacked in May, thats just mental when you think about it!

kite

Post by kite »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:I don't understand all this hype for Guardiola. The man had one of the best squads to choose from when at whora but when things started to get sticky with Madrid starting to bite back he jumped.
:shock: :shock: WTF are you talking about? :shock: :shock:
Pep took over a good squad and turned it into the best team of all time.. but I guess that's just what anyone would have done.. right? :rubchin:
Jumped the ship.. lol.. always said that he doesn't want to do the job for too long.
g88ner wrote:Di Matteo was a shit appointment in the first place.

I see his time at Chelsea much like a stewardess who is thrust into the pilot seat after the pilot and co-pilot both eat fish and die in the cockpit :shock: - the stewardess, lets call her Roberta, takes the controls and miraculously flies the plane to the nearest airport and lands safely, saving the lives of the other passengers, and instantly becomes a national hero :barscarf:

In fact, the airline are so impressed with her heroics that they give her a full time job as an airline pilot! hooray!

Of course, Roberta knows the truth... she can't fly a plane at all. The plane was on autopilot all along and landed all by itself!! All she had to do was sit in the cockpit and look like she knew what she was doing. Easy.

Anwyay, to cut the story short... Roberta takes the pilot job, and inevitably crashes and burns. Airline realise they appointed her in a haze of hysteria and replace her with a proper pilot instead.

The end.
True.

augie

Post by augie »

ThomasMitchell wrote:

While not supporting the wish to have abramovich style regime, I also acknowledge that your response does make a totally mockery of the notion that they are a laughing stock 8)
The crux of how the chavs come out of this will depend on who they appoint now........appoint a top manager then it will be seen as a shrewd move but appoint avram grant or someone of that ilk and they will look very very foolish

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

even a shit manager will do pretty well if they sign ElTigre...

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Them : 8 managers. 8 years.10 trophies.
Us: 1 manager. 8 years. 0 trophies.
I know what looks better to me.