Arsene Wenger - What Stage Are You At?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Stage Are You At?

1. He's the best manager around, look at what he's achieved, he's got a job for life.
7%
2. We may have slipped a bit but he's still doing a good job with the resources he's got, he'll turn it round in time.
3%
3. We're not doing well enough but given what he's done for the club and the circumstances I'm willing to give him another year.
7%
4. I've still got respect for the man for what he's done but it's time he went quietly.
30%
5. He needs to go at all costs, he's an embarrassment, ruining the legacy he worked so hard to create and more importantly poisoning the club.
53%

Total votes: 30

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: What Stage Are You At?

Post by franksav63 »

I'm wondering when HighburyJD or Kiwomya will post and give option 1 a boost? :? :?

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Quality SteveO...Don't forget to invite Diaby as master of ceremonies. He can break the ice, break the ceremonious bottle of champers on the side of your house to officially "open" your function. He can then do a little shimmy through your back garden before breaking down untill about 2018.

:barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

MegaGooner wrote:Quality SteveO...Don't forget to invite Diaby as master of ceremonies. He can break the ice, break the ceremonious bottle of champers on the side of your house to officially "open" your function. He can then do a little shimmy through your back garden before breaking down untill about 2018.

:lol: :lol:

Diaby will never make the function as he'll always be ''only 2 weeks away''!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

franksav63 wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:Quality SteveO...Don't forget to invite Diaby as master of ceremonies. He can break the ice, break the ceremonious bottle of champers on the side of your house to officially "open" your function. He can then do a little shimmy through your back garden before breaking down untill about 2018.

Diaby will never make the function as he'll always be ''only 2 weeks away''!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :)
What a fantastic idea to invite the Great Abou - I'm sure I can persuade him to pose for photos with Rodders and Augie afterwards

I have also thought about the prospect of cold weather on the day, and thankfully the young lad from the local Mexican restaurant is on standby to deliver a van load of gloves, rollnecks, and tights in case the temperature drops as low as 14 degrees

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

I voted 5. :evil:

I find it quite ironic that Wenger, when he came to England as Arsenal manager, was given credit for changing the whole English game(rightfully, I think) by changing the players mindset. He changed the whole diet, training and even playing mindset.....yet now that the game evolved, it seems that he is struggling to keep up, or even change(I think he's just really stubborn). I really appreciate what he has done for us but I think his arrogance during interviews and his disdain towards the fans now overshadows the good he has done for the club. If he goes tomorrow, I won't lose a moments sleep about it.

Thanks for the memories but it's time to move on.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

What a fantastic idea to invite the Great Abou - I'm sure I can persuade him to pose for photos with Rodders and Augie afterwards

I have also thought about the prospect of cold weather on the day, and thankfully the young lad from the local Mexican restaurant is on standby to deliver a van load of gloves, rollnecks, and tights in case the temperature drops as low as 14 degrees
So Na$ri and Vela's gonna be there too :roll:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

A mixture between 2, 3 & 4 :oops:

Whatever happens I really hope his tenure at The Arsenal does not end in acrimony as I do think he has been brilliant for our club.
Last edited by Vinny1967 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chippy

Arsene Wenger - For/Against/Indifferent?

Post by Chippy »

Vinny1967 wrote:A mixture between 2, 3 & 4 :oops:

Whatever happens I really hope his tenure at The Arsenal ends in acrimony as I do think he has been brilliant for our club.
You might want to read that again. :shock:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Chippy wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:A mixture between 2, 3 & 4 :oops:

Whatever happens I really hope his tenure at The Arsenal ends in acrimony as I do think he has been brilliant for our club.
You might want to read that again. :shock:
Doesn't :oops:

One too many sherberts Chippy :lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I've always subscribed to the philosophy that it is impossible to drink too much.....

Looking forward to the liver transplant. :oops: :oops:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Chippy wrote:I've always subscribed to the philosophy that it is impossible to drink too much.....

Looking forward to the liver transplant. :oops: :oops:
When I start to spill I think about going home :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:

As opposed to Santos, who on hearing about the food etc will be first in the queue ! :roll: :D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He needs to go at all costs, he's an embarrassment, ruining the legacy he worked so hard to create and more importantly poisoning the club.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i voted #4. i cannot hate a man who brought me so much happiness, and i do think that while we haven't been anywhere near where we want, he never took us way down the table like liverpool, the scum and even the arsenal of the mid-90's, that had some quality defenders but was shite from midfield up.

that said, he's clearly not a top class manager anymore and i do agree he treats the fans with disrespect way too often for me to accept anymore. and either he's stupid for not spending money we have when the team needs it so much, or a pussy for not coming out and stating that the club is not giving him the needed backup when his team needs investiment. whichever of those it is, it's been repeating itself season after season for far too long now.

i will, however, think about wenger in 20 years as a great manager who took us to the top of the game - and add a footnote of those shit years 2007/2012 were we lacked balls to win something even though we had some quality players in that time - just like we all think of graham as a great manager who built a brilliant winning team and then, as a footnote, remember he also built a shit one and put club money in his pocket.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SteveO 35 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

What a fantastic idea to invite the Great Abou - I'm sure I can persuade him to pose for photos with Rodders and Augie afterwards....
Which - carrying on the theme - would be guaranteed to break the camera!! :lol: :lol: :wink: