Wenger Out Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Revgoon89

Re: Wenger Out Banner

Post by Revgoon89 »

Maybe like a small penis the guy with the banner is afraid of whipping it out in case he gets laughed at. :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

armchair supporter wrote:
Chippy wrote:Who has got the fcuking banner?
I put £20 towards it expecting and hoping to help hold it up and from the beginning I've been actively trying to get the banner shown. I've posted on the open forum of my willingness to show it. I've texted SWL and met him in person. I've went to games expecting to get my hands on the banner but to no avail.

More recently I have asked to take the responsibility from SWL and for him to give me the banner so I can organise getting it shown. (I have most of these conversations on PM. But I've also posted in the open forum of my desire to get this banner up.)

So far I havent been able to persuade him get the banner up and he doesn't seem to want me to have it either. I have asked him to give me the banner so I can then have it in my possession and can then organise getting it shown. He wont "relinquish control" - (his words).

I'm trying to gauge what other members who contributed think of me getting the banner now. So far I have tracked down and contacted 5 other forum members who hav given their money in good faith to have this banner shown. They are all happy that its time for me to have it now.

It would be very easy to get another identical banner and show it but so many put their money in I really feel that is really not right.

I have been working behind the scenes to get my hands on the banner as I didn't want all the publicity like last time but I feel people need to know what has happened to this banner as so many (like me) paid and pinned their hopes on it.

So there you go...........thats where I'm at.
i'm all for it.

SWL, what do you say?

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Wouldn't we be better off organizing a Wenger-out March and bringing the banner along? I'm not paying any more money to get into the Wengerbowl and if we called the media beforehand we'd be guaranteed publicity. If we can get 30% of that 2000 from the BSM march to come along we'd have a impressive number.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

lots of politics around this banner that aint gona be discussed here.

Armchair - If you want it i will try to sort it out.

Though how will you get this shown? Where and who with?

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

armchair supporter wrote:
Chippy wrote:Who has got the fcuking banner?
I put £20 towards it expecting and hoping to help hold it up and from the beginning I've been actively trying to get the banner shown. I've posted on the open forum of my willingness to show it. I've texted SWL and met him in person. I've went to games expecting to get my hands on the banner but to no avail.

More recently I have asked to take the responsibility from SWL and for him to give me the banner so I can organise getting it shown. (I have most of these conversations on PM. But I've also posted in the open forum of my desire to get this banner up.)

So far I havent been able to persuade him get the banner up and he doesn't seem to want me to have it either. I have asked him to give me the banner so I can then have it in my possession and can then organise getting it shown. He wont "relinquish control" - (his words).

I'm trying to gauge what other members who contributed think of me getting the banner now. So far I have tracked down and contacted 5 other forum members who hav given their money in good faith to have this banner shown. They are all happy that its time for me to have it now.

It would be very easy to get another identical banner and show it but so many put their money in I really feel that is really not right.

I have been working behind the scenes to get my hands on the banner as I didn't want all the publicity like last time but I feel people need to know what has happened to this banner as so many (like me) paid and pinned their hopes on it.

So there you go...........thats where I'm at.
Mate if your serious about this, which it sounds like you are, I would consider that £20 a write off and get the same people who chipped in for the original and still want it displayed to have a whip around for a new banner of your own. If you did that now you could realistically have the banner ready for Wigan away, which a) you could get into the ground easy and b) will be televised for maximum exposure.

I look forward to seeing the new banner at Wigan Away.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:lots of politics around this banner that aint gona be discussed here.

Armchair - If you want it i will try to sort it out.

Though how will you get this shown? Where and who with?
Mikey, can you email me the politics if you don't mind... cheers Frank :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

Going off-topic just for a moment just to say....Happy Birthday Frank ! Hope you're having a good un.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bangkokgooner

Post by Bangkokgooner »

I've paid SWL 10 quid for the banner too. So I reckon this should been shown for any circumstances.

Come on you gooners! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

flash gunner wrote:Makes me laugh all the people demanding it be shown on here never go to games so can't do it themselves :?
Personally I want Wenger out now & would be happy enough if it happened before the transfer window. :barscarf:

If I see the banner at an away game, I would defend the right of those who displayed it if the AKB's decided to try & remove the banner.

If someone organised a march before a home game I would attend that if there was enough numbers involved, not if there was a few dozen because that's a waste of time.

However the board, custodians & owners & their fleecing of our traditional core supports is my main concern, getting rid of Wenger won't change things with the same **nts still running The Arsenal afterwards . :banghead:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

N1Goon wrote:Wouldn't we be better off organizing a Wenger-out March and bringing the banner along? I'm not paying any more money to get into the Wengerbowl and if we called the media beforehand we'd be guaranteed publicity. If we can get 30% of that 2000 from the BSM march to come along we'd have a impressive number.
Why don't you organize a group of people? How many would attend? Then you do a walk to the stadium before the game and somebody can give a little speech and you can show the banner!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Anyone who would like to know my reasoning, or to take the banner to show it, should PM me.

As Mikeyb states, for reasons unbeknownst to most people, the circumstances surrounding this are not to be discussed in public.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Basically guys,

Arsenal public relations/media investigators, whatever you want to call them, are actively monitoring this forum. Saying who has the banner, where the banner will be shown, anything of that sort on this public forum, will get you kicked out of the Wengerdome before you even have a chance to show it. Think about the way private investigators track I.P addresses and details of film and music torrents and you will have an idea of what can happen.

I would suggest this stays as a reaction thread because discussing plans for the banners unveiling on here is a bad, bad idea.

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

N1Goon wrote:Basically guys,

Arsenal public relations/media investigators, whatever you want to call them, are actively monitoring this forum. Saying who has the banner, where the banner will be shown, anything of that sort on this public forum, will get you kicked out of the Wengerdome before you even have a chance to show it. Think about the way private investigators track I.P addresses and details of film and music torrents and you will have an idea of what can happen.

I would suggest this stays as a reaction thread because discussing plans for the banners unveiling on here is a bad, bad idea.
Well, the answer to this are:
1. Good news that club officials are monitoring sides like this. That means they are taking you somehow serious. And it is also a good way to build maybe a relationship to those officials.
2. If you show the banner outside on public territory nothing should happen. Maybe you have to stay a little bit away from the ground. If you can't take it inside you have to show it outside.
3. Let somebody shows it who does not have interest you go inside of the stadium. So if he (or she!!) gets banned, so what? Free drinking always in the pub while watching the game would do.

Cheers,
Thomas

P.S.: If we don't get the draw in the CL against you then you can pick me to show the banner :wink:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

N1Goon is right, going by personal experience.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm going to call Red Action and find out what happened to the Real Fans Have Real Patience banner. If Lord Wenger's contract extension isn't sorted out before the Summer, we'll be seeing that one again before the Wenger Out banner gets out of the cupboard