Wenger Out Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Reg Niseth

Re: Wenger Out Banner

Post by Reg Niseth »

I've been in hiding due to the end of the world on Friday so I've only just seen this and read comments on other sites.

Also, I've not been through every single page 'cos I'm a lazy *word censored* so apologies if I'm asking what's already been asked. Was this lad on his own, if not was there a reason those he was with didn't step in? Can somone please smack the owner of the In Arsene We Trust banner to even the score? Would this brave wengerite have done the same if some 'bigger boys off the estate' were holding it. (Sorry, don't know the lad who got clumped, he may be able to handle himself but got caught by surprise).

Things will get worse before they get better and even if wenger left tomorrow one of the legacies he'll leave behind is Arsenal on Arsenal which will roll on until success returns.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Reg Niseth wrote:Things will get worse before they get better and even if wenger left tomorrow one of the legacies he'll leave behind is Arsenal on Arsenal which will roll on until success returns.
This is one of the worst parts for me. At best, Wenger is now responsible for creating this huge division in the fanbase which has now resulted in physical assaults on fellow fans. Very sad...

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

nothing done by the club as yet as far as I know, if it was someone holding an AKB banner and they got decked I guarantee they would have been banned by the time the train got back to London. shameful.

i don't know exactly who was holding the banner so can't say why they didn't fight back but probably better they didn't. people can disagree about the banner's sentiments but it's holders now have the moral high ground rather than being classified as wobs who fight anyone who disagrees with them.

as for the guy who hit the kid...clown. trying to defend his actions as well..if he hadn't said anything on twitter nobody would know who he was but the fact he came out and tried to defend his actions shows what kind of idiot he is. defending wenger but showing true arsenal class there! wanker

kite

Post by kite »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote: edit: fixed it before you, now I have to post the link again :censored:

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/showthread ... nner/page7
Just had a look at that forum and.... one of those guys, FreddieKlien his nick.... just WTF :shock:
His signature is "Arsene is Arsenal" and yesterday he wrote "For me the guys with the banner are worse than spurs fans they are actively IMO trying to destroy the club I love I hope they get punched every week" :shock:
Must be a nice guy :rubchin: 8)

Den10kamp

Post by Den10kamp »

If it means taking a clump everyweek to display the banner then so be it, the kid holding the banner wont be the one who looks silly .... could he have not channeled his violence and energy maybe on the away fans ....dickhead

Den10kamp

Post by Den10kamp »

kite wrote:"For me the guys with the banner are worse than spurs fans they are actively IMO trying to destroy the club I love I hope they get punched every week
there are some utter stupid people out there who are used to living under a dictatorship wether it be in their respective countries or within their 4 walls at home......

or its a case of Stockholm Syndrome:

The term, Stockholm Syndrome, was coined in the early 70's to describe the puzzling reactions of four bank employees to their captor. On August 23, 1973, three women and one man were taken hostage in one of the largest banks in Stockholm. They were held for six days by two ex-convicts who threatened their lives but also showed them kindness. To the world's surprise, all of the hostages strongly resisted the government's efforts to rescue them and were quite eager to defend their captors. Indeed, several months after the hostages were saved by the police, they still had warm feelings for the men who threatened their lives. Two of the women eventually got engaged to the captors.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I'm generally not against giving 17 year olds a smack per se (especially those around Hackney!! :-P ) and we have to remember that many youth that age nowadays are not the 'harmless rascals' or 'naive innocents' we used to be. We also don't know for sure what words were exchanged between the two parties before the assault.

Having said that, it is always bad form to see gooners arguing and fighting each other, especially at a match, and if the bloke that dispensed the blow is anything like the wankers posting on the above mentioned forum, then I suspect he thought he could take liberties because the guy was unlikely to give him a smack back!! :oops: :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

kite wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote: edit: fixed it before you, now I have to post the link again :censored:

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/showthread ... nner/page7
Just had a look at that forum and.... one of those guys, FreddieKlien his nick.... just WTF :shock:
His signature is "Arsene is Arsenal" and yesterday he wrote "For me the guys with the banner are worse than spurs fans they are actively IMO trying to destroy the club I love I hope they get punched every week" :shock:
Must be a nice guy :rubchin: 8)
Trying to destroy the club??? Fucking hell it really is the Cult of Wenger isn't it. Trying to destroy the club by asking for the removal of the bloke presiding over a trophyless run to equal previously sacked managers? Removing the bloke who presided over the worst, most humiliating defeat in 100 years and blamed it upon 'special circumstances' and who became the first manager in PL history to watch his team toss away a 4 goal lead. The bloke who openly disrespects the domestic cup competitions in a way that his predecessors never dreamed of doing.

Yes, the world will end and there really will never be an Arsenal after the Self Harmer disappears.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Just had a read through a few posts on that Forum, seems that Freddie Klien (typo for Alien?) bloke is not representative of that Forum.
There is a lot of sense posted there, much of it similar to here, that Wenger has had his time and we need a change.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

[quote]Removing the bloke who presided over the worst, most humiliating defeat in 100 years /quote]

I agree with most that has been said but when we all sober up for an undefeated Boxing Day ( again) perhaps it might be worth a new thread to discuss this in more details with alternatives as a bit more nostalgic and interesting than some of whats been going back and forward

I will start with just Finals and throw Swindon , Ipswich and Birmingham as bigger disgraces-they were bloody finals !

Throw in Wrexham, York and over to everyone else

Eat drink and enjoy , but remember when you sober up, Wenger will still be manager

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

georgeknows89 wrote:
Removing the bloke who presided over the worst, most humiliating defeat in 100 years /quote]

I agree with most that has been said but when we all sober up for an undefeated Boxing Day ( again) perhaps it might be worth a new thread to discuss this in more details with alternatives as a bit more nostalgic and interesting than some of whats been going back and forward

I will start with just Finals and throw Swindon , Ipswich and Birmingham as bigger disgraces-they were bloody finals !

Throw in Wrexham, York and over to everyone else

Eat drink and enjoy , but remember when you sober up, Wenger will still be manager
You missed the Gus Caesar final of 1988 against now Blue Square Premier, Luton Town. Easily a contender - 2-1 up, miss a penalty, watch Gus's "special circumstances" act......up there with the Birmingham one

Losing to Walsall in the cup wasn't great either

But Arsenal should not be losing 8-2 to anyone, anywhere, ever. Even Don Howe and Terry Neill at their worst didn't sink to those depths with players far less technically capable on the most part

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

I'm sure not too many telegraph readewr but here you go on wenger also

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... =endScreen

i saw them all...except Walsall, !

Finished now, its christmas

Herd

Post by Herd »

Seen so many versions of what happened it's difficult to know what to believe ,though why you associate the melons standing behind the banner with us I really don't know.
Further I do not associate myself with people from the Herd open website cos most of them are refugees from here and other more crappy websites !
Most Old School Herd Bods ,I know want Wenger to go,few go to away matches at Wigan a few days before Christmas though and none would whack a 17 year old ........ever !
As for the numptys on here calling for prosecution get real,sort it and him out yourselves !

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Was the banner at Swansea today?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:Dont forget these lovely t shirts from the 'Real fans have Real patience' march :barscarf:

BUMP ^^^

I do hope these chaps enjoyed themselves yesterday and are celebrating the latest wonderful season we're having

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: