WBA GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: WBA GAME THREAD

Post by northbank123 »

Rosie_titters wrote:I honestly believe we have a good bunch of players - just need a top, top striker to replace RVP and proper tactics and man management
We're better than we show. Looking at United today Evans, Carrick, Rafael and Cleverley are all inferior players to what we have and tbh I don't think de Gea, Ferdinand or Evra and possibly even Young are much better than what we have.

But they have so much depth, they have two better strikers on the bench than we have in our whole squad, and in addition the few other players that aren't mentioned (Rooney, Valencia, van Staplecunt) are class and will win tens of points on their own throughout the season.

And obviously they use those tactic thingys too. Which helps.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

We won't win anything while the current management and playing culture remains. It is a deeper problem than just tactics and players.

:( :cussing: :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

flash gunner wrote:We will win and everything will be rosy in the Wenger garden
8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:We won't win anything while the current management and playing culture remains. It is a deeper problem than just tactics and players.

:shock: :shock: :shock: What Tactics!!!????

:banghead: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:We won't win anything while the current management and playing culture remains. It is a deeper problem than just tactics and players.

:shock: :shock: :shock: What Tactics!!!????

:banghead: :wink:
tactics plural of tac·tic (Noun)
Noun

1. An action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.
2. The art of disposing armed forces in order of battle and of organizing operations, esp. during contact with an enemy.

I'm as stumped as you mate :rubchin: :rubchin:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

northbank123 wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:I honestly believe we have a good bunch of players - just need a top, top striker to replace RVP and proper tactics and man management
We're better than we show. Looking at United today Evans, Carrick, Rafael and Cleverley are all inferior players to what we have and tbh I don't think de Gea, Ferdinand or Evra and possibly even Young are much better than what we have.

But they have so much depth, they have two better strikers on the bench than we have in our whole squad, and in addition the few other players that aren't mentioned (Rooney, Valencia, van Staplecunt) are class and will win tens of points on their own throughout the season.

What are these tictac thingy's that you speak of ????

Is this just hearsay or are they, quite probably heresy ????

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Top Londoner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

What are these tictac thingy's that you speak of ????

Is this just hearsay or are they, quite probably heresy ????
Apparently it's a form of football doping and their use is highly immoral, disqualifying you from eligibility for the Virtual Trophy.

What few people know is that Arsenal themselves used to implemented these 'tactics' many decades ago, although Our Dear Leader has done fantastic work in scrubbing that from living memory.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Sky are judge, jury and executioner for Santi today...apparently Pulis has asked for 3 game bans for cheats.. Well Aaron Ramsey must have been comforted as he lay in agony for months that Mr Pulis wouldn't class him as a cheat for not evading Shawcross's horror foul.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

So, we win a game for a change and the match thread only gets to 17 pages.

Says it all. Hilarious. :lol:

Fear not, another loss just around the corner to get all worked up over. Wenger Out!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Bradywasking wrote:Sky are judge, jury and executioner for Santi today...apparently Pulis has asked for 3 game bans for cheats.. Well Aaron Ramsey must have been comforted as he lay in agony for months that Mr Pulis wouldn't class him as a cheat for not evading Shawcross's horror foul.
Come on mate even the most ardent Gooner cant defend Cazorla for that dive, can they? :?

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

flash gunner wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Sky are judge, jury and executioner for Santi today...apparently Pulis has asked for 3 game bans for cheats.. Well Aaron Ramsey must have been comforted as he lay in agony for months that Mr Pulis wouldn't class him as a cheat for not evading Shawcross's horror foul.
Come on mate even the most ardent Gooner cant defend Cazorla for that dive, can they? :?

On my laptop screen, and what with the flickering stream, it was deffo a penalty. Anyone who contests otherwise is just an Arsenal hater. :banghead:

:oops: :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree Flash, it was a dive, plain and simple. Whatever your personal perceptions of diving are, it's embarrassing for Wenger to come out with the he told me he was touched (hehe) line when the situation for once actually called for him to keep his counsel and use his infamous I did not zee it line.

What Scum fans etc can't understand though is that one Arsenal player diving in no way invalidates any complaints about Bale, for example. Even Lineker accepted MOTD took a hammering for not showing him getting booked for diving again the week before last, and we haven't had any loud-mouth pricks like Pulis coming out demanding divers be burned at the stake again until it's a foreigner not at United doing it. Tbh even our own club is at it: Koscielny came out with ludicrous comments about wanting to kick Suarez off the park because he dives that should have been lambasted but because Suarez is Mr Unpopular Foreigner nothing was said. Instead we get pundits calling for more protection for Gareth Bale whilst turning a blind eye to somebody saying they'd love to smash Suarez. Crazy.

People are against diving when it suits them. Ask most people about Matty Holland and they'll tell you he's one of the most honest players of all time. I remember his shocking dive at The Valley to win a penalty against us in a game that ended 1-1. Nothing said, players' legacies have been tarred for the same. Likewise Vidic is supposedly an old-fashioned hardman, but I can personally recount at least 3 incidents of him feigning serious head injury only to get back up 5 seconds later absolutely fine and run over to the ref for not sending the guy off. Celtic cried blue murder when Eduardo dived to win a penalty in a tie they had already lost in reality. But where was the hate campaign when a dive against Spartak Moscow sent them through this week?

Journalists are absolutely correct to ask Wenger about the dive. But in the same way a microphone should be put under AVB's nose after every match Bale plays in asking about his diving. People whinge about the FA being soft on diving but fact is they only want players they don't like to be punished.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Santi dived. There was no contact at all. It was embarrassing. :oops: And if we are to stamp out diving he should be punished.

But what is actually as bad for me is the media witch hunt against foreign players that have taken a dive, but the absolute lack of a witch hunt againt the worst divers in the league; Grannyshagger, Stevie Me, Monkeyfeatures Bale and Ashley Young... coincidently all British players... :|

I wonder why the British tabloid press have such a bad name around the world for xenophobia... :rubchin: :lol:

I also wonder why Chris "LOOK AT ME DADDY!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!" Kamara didn't spend 20 minutes defending Santi Cazorla and explaining how he wasn't a cheat, just a good old pacey, skilful player trying to avoid getting injured... he did it for Bale... why not Cazorla....? :roll: The fact that the attention-starved septic fucking ring-piece Kamara could sit there and show clip after clip of Bale diving and (with a straight face) fucking defend the monkey-featured gibbon is just astonishing. But NOT surprising.

:roll: :x

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

flash gunner wrote:
I honestly couldn't defend Santi for that. it was embarrassing, but I find it rich of Pulis to take the moral high ground on issues like this but defend thuggary and thugs like Shawcross. The presenter with Kamera yesterday tried to point out that Bale and Young have been equally as guilty of diving but he was talked down...The diving issue is becoming a bit like the chants issue earlier in the season, we all take offence except when it's our own. I think Santi should issue a public apology, then Arsenal would be taking the moral high ground. In future Arsenal could highlight other offences in the media.
To me it's all about parity and the issue will not be solved until the media take a lead and remove their jingoistic glasses .

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

It's part of the game. I personally don't care about diving. It happens. Its happened to us and will again. Players are going to do it. I would much prefer them sort of the sort of tackles Pulis' teams are going in with than someone falling over.