WBA GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ThomasMitchell

Re: WBA GAME THREAD

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Its a vital game, not so much for the top 4 - the gap is not insomountable right now - but lose this, i think we could see things spiral badly.

Swale Gooner made a point at the weekend, Jenkinson obviously made an error - but the crowd was vicisous at that time, he didnt want to pass it backwards as he knew the abuse he would get. Now, as a professional footballer its not an excuse - but the crowd were not with the team at that point and although i fully maintain the best team won, i do agree confidence-wise, we are shot to bits and the negativity around the whole place contributed in small part to that second goal.

Everbody outside of the club wants us to fail, even some within - West Brom will be thriving on this.

If i was Wenger id be telling the team to be completely gung-ho from the outset, take the initiative, get the crowd going - spark some positivity - because if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose this game and suddenty the season really does start to look bleak.

Win Saturday, Win Tuesday - suddenly things look a little brighter and maybe, we will have a team we can get behind again once they play to the level they can.

This isnt about Wenger, or even the actual players - I dont want to see my club become a laughing stock for people who are dying for us to fail - the manager WILL NOT change in the middle of the season, we CANNOT buy any players until January, the team has to earn our support back - but we too need to play a part.

He could help by dropping Gervinho tho :wink:
The point is we are a laughing stock already because of Wenger and the players. So it is very much about them - particularly Wenger.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Arsenal are not a laughing stock, below the level we should be - yes - but not a laughing stock.

We have Wenger and the current players till January, my point is there is little moaning and creating a harsh atmosphere at the outset of games will do.

Post-game, thats a different matter.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Arsenal are not a laughing stock, below the level we should be - yes - but not a laughing stock.

We have Wenger and the current players till January, my point is there is little moaning and creating a harsh atmosphere at the outset of games will do.

Sorry, we are a laughing stock thanks to Wenger. "4th is as good as a trophy". In terms of the atmosphere, it does need to turn harsh otherwise the losers running the Club will never wake up to how the fans are feeling. The silence, the acceptance of second best, “In Arsene we trust”, has gone on for too long. They need to start feeling the anger and frustration of the fans. If that means booing them off the pitch then so be it. If is means singing "you don't know what you are doing" to Wenger then so be it. He shows no respect for the fans. He has set the tone. So he deserves it back with both barrels.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Arsenal are not a laughing stock, below the level we should be - yes - but not a laughing stock.

The Wenger Out Brigade are perfectly happy for this club to go down the shitter until Wenger leaves and Mourinho ( :lol: ), Guardiola ( :lol: ) or Moyes ( :lol: ) comes in and turns us into the dominant force in world football inside one season.

Hence they're looking for us to lose every game. That's the kind of logic you're up against here pal.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Its a vital game, not so much for the top 4 - the gap is not insomountable right now - but lose this, i think we could see things spiral badly.

Swale Gooner made a point at the weekend, Jenkinson obviously made an error - but the crowd was vicisous at that time, he didnt want to pass it backwards as he knew the abuse he would get. Now, as a professional footballer its not an excuse - but the crowd were not with the team at that point and although i fully maintain the best team won, i do agree confidence-wise, we are shot to bits and the negativity around the whole place contributed in small part to that second goal.

Everbody outside of the club wants us to fail, even some within - West Brom will be thriving on this.

If i was Wenger id be telling the team to be completely gung-ho from the outset, take the initiative, get the crowd going - spark some positivity - because if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose this game and suddenty the season really does start to look bleak.

Win Saturday, Win Tuesday - suddenly things look a little brighter and maybe, we will have a team we can get behind again once they play to the level they can.

This isnt about Wenger, or even the actual players - I dont want to see my club become a laughing stock for people who are dying for us to fail - the manager WILL NOT change in the middle of the season, we CANNOT buy any players until January, the team has to earn our support back - but we too need to play a part.

He could help by dropping Gervinho tho :wink:

Here lies the problem. You’re not wenger.

We won’t come out gung ho as we haven’t during other “must win” games. Why should Saturday be any different? Even if we win , we are more than likely going to drop points the next prem game and a readymade excuse of us being tired.

Last year we had rvp to rescue us, give team talks , hold team meetings without wenger and encourage a more social aspect between the payers.

1000000000% if it meant winning nothing and finishing out the top 4 I would want wenger to go. So I hope west brom beat us

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Robin_L wrote:

The Wenger Out Brigade are perfectly happy for this club to go down the shitter until Wenger leaves and Mourinho ( :lol: ), Guardiola ( :lol: ) or Moyes ( :lol: ) comes in and turns us into the dominant force in world football inside one season.

Hence they're looking for us to lose every game. That's the kind of logic you're up against here pal.
As opposed to the logic of "carry on doing what we have been doing for the last 6-7 years and hope something changes". What’s that famous phrase again about “the definition of insanity”?

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
Robin_L wrote:

As opposed to the logic of "carry on doing what we have been doing for the last 6-7 years and hope something changes". What’s that famous phrase again about “the definition of insanity”?

2 seasons ago i was saying the same thing. That i wanted us to lose if it meant wenger leaving! 2 YEARS ON

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Robin_L wrote:

It always seems to be assumed that those of us that want Wenger out want him to fail. That is not true. My opinion is that we will never get better whilst he is in charge. I am not happy about it at all and want him out, but if he does hang on to his job and goes on to lead us into another period of success then I will be delighted. But I see absolutely no indication that is going to happen and haven't for a number of years now.

I want what is best for Arsenal football club and it seems obvious to me (and it is only my opinion rather than a fact)that at this point in time that means Wenger should no longer be the manager. Someone posted on another site the other day "If Wenger leaves, I won't being supporting the club any more." Sounds to me like that individual doesn't support the club even now, he is an Arsene Wenger supporter. And that is the logic those of us that want Wenger out are up against!

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

The reality is Arsenal fans have shown incredible patience and respect towards Wenger. It is not like we have just gone through a bad couple of months - or even seasons. The frustrations are coming to a head now after many, many years of failure. Imagine the abuse he would have received from fans at other clubs a lot quicker than this. It is made worse by the fact he is so dismissive of the supporters. There is a growing feeling now amongst more and more people that he has done all he can for the Club and should go. The problem is there are some who feel that any criticism of him equals disloyalty to the Club with the usual refrain of "why don't you go and support someone else then". Pathetic.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:The atmosphere at this game will be pretty poisonous if things start going badly.

At least it's some kind of atmosphere.
You mean the stadium will be half empty long before the end and no more than 1000 people will utter a few boos under their breath. How to protest Arsenal style

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:The atmosphere at this game will be pretty poisonous if things start going badly.

You mean the stadium will be half empty long before the end and no more than 1000 people will utter a few boos under their breath. How to protest Arsenal style
That's as poisonous it gets at the Wengerdome 3000 mate.

But it will undoubtedly be pretty tense and the crowd will get on the players' backs for every misplaced pass unless we get a goal in the first 20-25 mins. And then (miracle of miracles) hold on.

burg hohenzollern

Post by burg hohenzollern »

Pretty fascinating stuff. Win and no doubt the AKB's will be falling over themselves to try and convince us that the corner has been turned, Arsene was right all along and that our time for glory has come.
Defeat and the forum goes into meltdown.
If I had to bet on the game it would be a home win, simply because I think WBA will start sliding down the league.
One last point - I understand that Rosicky went off at half time last night - surely, surely it wasn't because of injury was it? If it was, then words fail me about that guy.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

burg hohenzollern wrote:Pretty fascinating stuff. Win and no doubt the AKB's will be falling over themselves to try and convince us that the corner has been turned, Arsene was right all along and that our time for glory has come.
Defeat and the forum goes into meltdown.
If I had to bet on the game it would be a home win, simply because I think WBA will start sliding down the league.
One last point - I understand that Rosicky went off at half time last night - surely, surely it wasn't because of injury was it? If it was, then words fail me about that guy.
Apparently the Rosicky substitution was pre-arranged

No doubt he'll be a little bit too jaded and on the edge physically following that exhaustive 45 min workout

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

All our subs are pre-arranged unless there is an injury our someone getting sent off,wasnt it while back in the CL when the GIC was serving a ban steve bould was asked after the match a question in relation to the subs we made in the match and he answered the subs were prearranged,the man hasnt a fucking clue Wenger now not Bould

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

That's as poisonous it gets at the Wengerdome 3000 mate.

But it will undoubtedly be pretty tense and the crowd will get on the players' backs for every misplaced pass unless we get a goal in the first 20-25 mins. And then (miracle of miracles) hold on.
we'd have to be winning 4-0 for me to feel comfortable anymore but then again we have blown a 4 goal lead beforen :oops: