100-1 take the bet?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Steve_I

100-1 take the bet?

Post by Steve_I »

In pub this evening and following match a debate ensued. Chap says to me that he;'d happily take a tenner from me and offer me `100/1 on Arsenal winning the champions league... of course, I gave him a tenner.

Would others?

This is probably my last post on this forum. GL all and tc, short and not very sweet was my visit.

Barriecuda

Re: 100-1 take the bet?

Post by Barriecuda »

Definitely, CL really just requires a patch of good form and a little bit of luck. If Porto or 2012 Chelsea can win it, why not.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Porto had a managerial genius behind them and Chelsea's defence was incredibly well-drilled, talented and committed.

kite

Post by kite »

N1Goon wrote:Porto had a managerial genius behind them and Chelsea's defence was incredibly well-drilled, talented and committed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually Chelsea won because the other teams were not able to convert their chances into goals. Barca might miss 10 sitters against Arsenal as well :rubchin:

1:100 isn't bad imo.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

and p.s. why are you leaving?

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

You'd have been better off taking that tenner to the bar and buying a couple of pints.... :roll:

Arsenal to win the CL :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

i would take the bet, it represents value though taking the bet doesnt mean i think we have a great chance of winning, we need some major luck to fall our way or a minor miracle :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Take the bet every time. You never know. Personally I reckon we'll NEVER win it whilst Arsene is in charge but 100/1 is worth a tenner of anyone's money.

Porto were not fancied and a combination of pragmatic football, luck and the so called "big clubs" all having bad runs in the CL led them to lift it against the odds. And the chavs were fucking blessed with luck. I'm sorry but anyone that thinks the chavs won it only on good defending (although of course that was an element in some games) is kidding themselves. The Whores ripped them wide open and should have won 8-0, but sometimes you just get games like that. Penalty shootout? Absolute lottery. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

You've just lost a tenner :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Few seasons ago Citeh were playing at the chavs. Had a feeling all morning they'd win 4-2. Couldn't get past that feeling. Looked it up on Paddy Power and it was 425/1. Have an account, so thought fuck it, popped a Euro on it.

€426 later... :barscarf: :D

So, my point is, miracles do happen. Sometimes. And it would be a fucking miracle if this Arsenal side even get past the next game, never mind reach the final and win it. But still, ya never know... :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

100-1, he saw you coming, 1000,000,000-1 would be more realistic, even then it would still be poor value, when talking about this pile of shite.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I would take the bet but the last time had a bet on Arsenal I lost £100 :(

A few years back at my sons 16th birthday bash my brother was winding one our sisters up (Liverpool supporter, I know I know), anyhow it got to the point where my sister said to him "I bet you £100 l'pool will be above Arsenal at the end of the season", he took the bet.

He then told my sister to offer me the bet, like a Fukin mug I took the bet.

Anyhow needless to say my sister rang me at the end of the season and asked about her money so I paid up (she even got her son to take a pic of me handing it over :roll: ).

Guess what, my brother never paid up, wanker, but it did have a happy ending, my sister felt guilty and as she has her own company has been paying for a corporate golf membership which is just for me so I get to have up to 8 games of golf a month for free :barscarf:

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

flash gunner wrote:You've just lost a tenner :(

Correct.

:(

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

I'd take the bet, but with the same expectations as when I hand the newsagent £2 every Friday.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

take the bet. i've spent more than that on a KFC at the end of a night on the piss.