Bradford match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Bradford match thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

I hope the Chamster turns up with his "Reading form" tonight otherwise we are going to be as sharp as a billiard ball up front. Lets not forget that the Chamster and Theo (and to a lesser extent Chapman) saved us in the last round and 2 of those 3 are missing....so there is a massive onus on the Chamster. If he doesn't perform we'll be tippy tappying to oblivion. I'm afraid Gnabry is the new Quincy, IMO.

The main reason I'm worried is that Lord Wenger has treated the Chamster fucking appallingly since that Reading game, not even putting him on the bench despite the fact that when he doesn't play Chapman we are left with the useless Forehead as a central striker and no other option

Don't get me wrong the Chamster really went off the boil for more than a year but when he was a regular in the side (upon joining and when Van Savile was injured) he did well, in my opinion far better than Chapman. Then after a year or more of no form whatsoever he has a stormer at Reading and Lord Wenger doesn't even see fit to use him as a sub thereafter. Surely if we're paying the guy 60k per week and on the odd occasion we play him he does well, he's got to be worthy of a more prominent role given our lack of attacking options

EC3

Post by EC3 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I've awoken with a nasty feeling that we are going to get knocked out tonight. No logical explanation for it whatsoever. Season over for me if we lose tonight
Really, that does surprise me.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

EC3 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I've awoken with a nasty feeling that we are going to get knocked out tonight. No logical explanation for it whatsoever. Season over for me if we lose tonight

Now, now. I'm normally quite an optimist ahead of these League Cup games. Just worried our lack of forwards might bite us on the bum

SaltaireBantam

Post by SaltaireBantam »

Ok, I am off to the pub now.........................the below will mean bugger all to you but the message is don't waste time trying to park close to the ground, you'll only end up being turned around, probably getting lost and wasting valuable drinking time. Anywhere near the centre will only be 20 minutes walk, max, and from the East and North you will see the ground clearly anyway, is like Bradford's Shard. :D

Due to the capacity crowd, some road closures have been agreed with the local authority. Therefore Valley Parade, South Parade and Holywell Ash Lane will be closed to vehicles as well as Burlington Street and Cliffe Terrace. Finally, Midland Road will be closed from its junction with Thorncliffe Road right through as far Cornwall Road. Manningham Lane and Thorncliffe Road will remain unaffected by the closures but are expected to be busy. If you are able to park away from the stadium and walk the last mile it will ease problems for all concerned.

These road barriers will also be the first point for ticket checks. Please make sure you have your tickets ready at the first road closure point and any subsequent check point. Tickets will also be checked at every turnstile with at least one security staff member on duty outside every turnstile.

tel

Post by tel »

SteveO 35 wrote:I hope the Chamster turns up with his "Reading form" tonight otherwise we are going to be as sharp as a billiard ball up front. Lets not forget that the Chamster and Theo (and to a lesser extent Chapman) saved us in the last round and 2 of those 3 are missing....so there is a massive onus on the Chamster. If he doesn't perform we'll be tippy tappying to oblivion. I'm afraid Gnabry is the new Quincy, IMO.

The main reason I'm worried is that Lord Wenger has treated the Chamster fucking appallingly since that Reading game, not even putting him on the bench despite the fact that when he doesn't play Chapman we are left with the useless Forehead as a central striker and no other option

Don't get me wrong the Chamster really went off the boil for more than a year but when he was a regular in the side (upon joining and when Van Savile was injured) he did well, in my opinion far better than Chapman. Then after a year or more of no form whatsoever he has a stormer at Reading and Lord Wenger doesn't even see fit to use him as a sub thereafter. Surely if we're paying the guy 60k per week and on the odd occasion we play him he does well, he's got to be worthy of a more prominent role given our lack of attacking options
The Chamster, WTF? Irrespective of the Reading game he's still a steaming useless turd who'll no doubt give a performance of his usual crapness this evening.

SaltaireBantam

Post by SaltaireBantam »

Oh, nearly forgot, the road under your stand is now closed to Bradford fans, which is a bummer for us but at least will keep you safe from the ointment yoof, rest easy. :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SaltaireBantam wrote:Ok, I am off to the pub now.........................the below will mean bugger all to you but the message is don't waste time trying to park close to the ground, you'll only end up being turned around, probably getting lost and wasting valuable drinking time. Anywhere near the centre will only be 20 minutes walk, max, and from the East and North you will see the ground clearly anyway, is like Bradford's Shard. :D

Due to the capacity crowd, some road closures have been agreed with the local authority. Therefore Valley Parade, South Parade and Holywell Ash Lane will be closed to vehicles as well as Burlington Street and Cliffe Terrace. Finally, Midland Road will be closed from its junction with Thorncliffe Road right through as far Cornwall Road. Manningham Lane and Thorncliffe Road will remain unaffected by the closures but are expected to be busy. If you are able to park away from the stadium and walk the last mile it will ease problems for all concerned.

These road barriers will also be the first point for ticket checks. Please make sure you have your tickets ready at the first road closure point and any subsequent check point. Tickets will also be checked at every turnstile with at least one security staff member on duty outside every turnstile.
Well played mate thanks :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SteveO 35 wrote:
EC3 wrote:

Now, now. I'm normally quite an optimist ahead of these League Cup games. Just worried our lack of forwards might bite us on the bum
SteveO's optimism goes hand in hand with his material-like love for Diaby.

:wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Cold night up north for our shower of bottlers, this has "shock" written all over it, and I couldn't care fucking less.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Still got a bad feeling about this one.

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

In Turls green , no other gooners about what times everyone heading down ?

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

I'm thinking the Midland Hotel as i'm heading into Forster square station & it's just outside apparently :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

what a twat :mrgreen:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Leedsgooner1 wrote:I'm thinking the Midland Hotel as i'm heading into Forster square station & it's just outside apparently :barscarf:
You trying to hook up or something? :?

:wink: :lol: