Bradford match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Bradford match thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:if the board gave a fuck about football they'd move quickly now while Jose(possibly if rumours are true) and Pep are available,unfortunately those two managers have ambition so thats us fucked,i cant take this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jose and Pep wouldn't sign up to the number 1 criteria of committing to make a profit in every transfer window

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Beaten by a league 2 side that knew exactly how to play those c**ts.

Sitting on this f***ed bus looking forward to a 6 hr journey and knowing I will be at a nativity play in 12 hrs I am glad that Gervinho and Chamakh are professional players on good wages.

wibble

Post by wibble »

'It's not a lack of quality'

Yes it is Arsene, and everyone else can see that

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We started on the front foot, made a good start. They defended well and we all know what happened on the penalties. We had many, many chances and their keeper had a good game.

"Whenever you go out it's not a good result for Arsenal. We lost on penalties to a team who played very well. I cannot fault the effort of my team - we gave everything for the 120 minutes and you have to give credit to Bradford. It's not a lack of quality - we couldn't convert our chances for different reasons,. This was a real cup game. We'll get over this, it's part of our job. We'll focus on the next game."
WTF is he on? :shock: did he write that before the game? :? we were dreadful. What does he mean "not a lack of quality"??? :shock: :evil:

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

wibble wrote:'It's not a lack of quality'

Yes it is Arsene, and everyone else can see that

No, it isn't just that, it's shit management and tactics.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote: Wtf ??? :shock: :shock: Where did that crap come from ? I ain't having a pop at English players at all but merely pointed out that for 75mins tonight wilshire was, in my opinion, totally anonymous. The point about nationality was merely stating that the guy is meant to be England's great hope for the future and yet he was fcuk all better than Ramsey who everybody seems to slate.

The comment about Celtic is factually incorrect - at no stage did I say that they are a bigger or better club than we are cos I don't not believe it. What I actually said is that some people hugely underestimate the size of both Glasgow clubs and I stand by that - find me a quote where I said anything different

For the record I don't want you banned or even reprimanded
At no point did I call you a racist !!!!![/quote][/quote]

I would genuinely like to know what you made of Mertesacker's efforts tonight. Honestly, I'm trying to like this bloke but he's the biggest fucking lightweight of a defender I've seen in a while. Lost virtually every header in the first half against an old English style centre forward - shocking

You said that I target English players with my criticism.....is that not calling me an anti English racist ? :? For the record I "target" players if I feel that they are shite and not good enough for our club or if I feel that they are having a poor day at the office which I felt wilshire was having for 75mins tonight and I make no apology for saying that. The amount of abuse I have thrown at the forehead, song and diaby on he in the past far dwarfs anything that I have ever said about Wally or any other English player but I don't see anybody suggesting that I have an agenda against a country there[/quote]

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

This has to be the lowest our great club has been under wenger we had our best team who looked awful against a league 2 team. Every player was a full international and they couldn't beat Bradford over 120 minutes our only chance of a trophy has gone. Swansea will beat us in the cup we will get beat buy any of the teams we can get in the champions league and 4th place looks like it won't happen.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We started on the front foot, made a good start. They defended well and we all know what happened on the penalties. We had many, many chances and their keeper had a good game.

"Whenever you go out it's not a good result for Arsenal. We lost on penalties to a team who played very well. I cannot fault the effort of my team - we gave everything for the 120 minutes and you have to give credit to Bradford. It's not a lack of quality - we couldn't convert our chances for different reasons,. This was a real cup game. We'll get over this, it's part of our job. We'll focus on the next game."
WTF is he on? :shock: did he write that before the game? :? we were dreadful. What does he mean "not a lack of quality"??? :shock: :evil:
A good start where it took 59 mins to have a shot on target !!

Good in the sense that it was better than the home game to Schalke

:D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:Davie provan thinks wilshire was our best player tonight :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wtf

I know you hold yourself up as THE elite football enthusiast but you seem to have specific targets, namely English players.

Just like you tried to exalt Celtic above arsenal when it comes to fan base, the Arsenal who sell the third most football tops in the world and a fan base of 12 million, DO ME A FUKIN FAVOUR AND FUCK OFF.

Mods ban me I can't take any more of his inane insights in to the world of football.

Goodbye.[/quote

Wtf ??? :shock: :shock: Where did that crap come from ? I ain't having a pop at English players at all but merely pointed out that for 75mins tonight wilshire was, in my opinion, totally anonymous. The point about nationality was merely stating that the guy is meant to be England's great hope for the future and yet he was fcuk all better than Ramsey who everybody seems to slate.

The comment about Celtic is factually incorrect - at no stage did I say that they are a bigger or better club than we are cos I don't not believe it. What I actually said is that some people hugely underestimate the size of both Glasgow clubs and I stand by that - find me a quote where I said anything different

For the record I don't want you banned or even reprimanded
At no point did I call you a racist !!!!!

You said that I target English players with my criticism.....is that not calling me an anti English racist ? :? For the record I "target" players if I feel that they are shite and not good enough for our club or if I feel that they are having a poor day at the office which I felt wilshire was having for 75mins tonight and I make no apology for saying that. The amount of abuse I have thrown at the forehead, song and diaby on he in the past far dwarfs anything that I have ever said about Wally or any other English player but I don't see anybody suggesting that I have an agenda against a country there
You need to learn the law fella, that in no way implies your a racist, rather that you dislike anything English :roll:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

rodders999 wrote:Get rid of Wenger? Arsenal fans should be careful what they wish for. :roll:

:banghead:
Are you for real? How bad could it get under someone else?? It's stale, predictable, and boring.The players do not give a f**k. At least 5 years ago we weren't winning but were still playing some exciting stuff. Nothing there now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:I don't think we've ever looked really good playing this formation. Surely it's time to try a midfield diamond, or 4-4-1-1 or even good old 4-4-2, anything but this ineffectual dross. It's like death by a thousand cuts.

yep, play "wingers" who can't cross the ball to a "forward" who is absolute dogshit and wonder why we don't score :banghead:

When we play with Giroud up top, we hardly ever get a cross in, but with Forehead up there is cross all night time - fucking marvellous.

oh and well played Bradford City, but I am annoyed that we played extra time as I missed Sarah Miilican to watch the inevitable....

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

g88ner wrote:

Up to the 85 minute we only had one shot on target. The old bastard is a liar :cussing:

richpye

Post by richpye »

Dan_85 wrote:
Sam on 81111 on text: "I hate all these reactionary fans saying Wenger Out. Cup upsets happen. We'll start winning games and people will forget this. Fickle fans, fickle pundits.
:lol: Yeah, nice one Sam. Fucking cretin.
Oh FFS

People will forget this? Like we forgot the Wrexham result just as easily???

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote: You need to learn the law fella, that in no way implies your a racist, rather that you dislike anything English :roll:
Come on lefty, chill out mate 8)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

richpye wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
Sam on 81111 on text: "I hate all these reactionary fans saying Wenger Out. Cup upsets happen. We'll start winning games and people will forget this. Fickle fans, fickle pundits.
:lol: Yeah, nice one Sam. Fucking cretin.
Oh FFS

People will forget this? Like we forgot the Wrexham result just as easily???
It's the "reactionary" and "cup upsets happen" bits that make me laugh. Yes, because for the 8 years prior to tonight we've been setting the English and European footballing stages alight haven't we? :banghead: Brainwashed morons.