Reading Away Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Reading Away Thread

Post by Bradywasking »

3-0 to Arsenal because Reading will allow it happen and yes the pundits will say we told you so. !!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:Augie, Flash, DB10, your confidence surrounding this game astounds me. Firstly Reading despite being shite, have shown that they can score goals, and even given their position in the league table, I still think we are under more pressure going into this game than they are.
Our shower of bottlers and halfwit senile manager have shown time and time again that pressure is something they don't handle well.
I will stick my neck out here and say categorically that we won't win this game, Wigan will then be even tougher and we will lose that one.
We aren't that bad Sid we're not good either but we're not going to be relegated this season and if we lose to Reading and Wigan that's relegation form and it just will not happen. We're a mid table team so loses to Reading and Wigan is unthinkable IMO

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -the-road-

Embarrassing statement :oops: Smacks of a dictator's last few weeks as his empire collapses around him

and how old does Wenger look in that picture :shock:

ElliotGooner

Post by ElliotGooner »

I'd go ...

Szes
Sagna-Per-TV-Gibbs
Walcott-Arteta-Wilshere-Ox
Cazorla
Giroud

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

3-0 to the Arse, Giroud, Pod & Gervinho :box: with the goals,

Only joking, 3-1 Reading :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -the-road-

Embarrassing statement :oops: Smacks of a dictator's last few weeks as his empire collapses around him

There were some more on BBC Sportsday today too.

"I can understand that people criticise when the results are not as expected, but it looks like it has become the modern way to think".

I don't understand how he can so often come out and basically say he's not answerable to the fans in any way, shape or form without absolute castigation from all quarters.

It's also a ludicrous statement in that it suggests that people only recently have started caring about results. Just trying to buy himself more time by playing on fans' "patience". Disgrace.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Wenger is judging our form against that fourth position, not title-contention, though.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Statistics eh, to take a different view of our away form, they said on SSN earlier we haven't won any of our last six away from home in all competitions. So presumably our last away win was the Reading cup game? And he is happy with that!

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Skooner wrote:

Statistics eh, to take a different view of our away form, they said on SSN earlier we haven't won any of our last six away from home in all competitions. So presumably our last away win was the Reading cup game? And he is happy with that!
we have had tough away games however still no excuse, no win in the league away since we beat west ham, quite simply not good enough arsene

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

WENGER: our results away are in the same bracket as the two top teams.
What?!!! :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

United have won 7 away games this season... we've won 2 from 8. So, whereas they've picked up 21pts away from home, we've picked up 11pts. Yes Arsene, our away results are in the same bracket as United :roll:

Even Citeh have won twice as many away games in the league as Arsenal, picking up 20pts on the road.

How on earth can he say our away results are in the same bracket as the Manchester clubs? He's a nutter. :shock: :? it's this sort of bullshit that makes you wonder what planet he's on. He know's he's talking bollocks, but just carries on regardless. :banghead:

In fact, our away record is worse than United, Citeh, Chelsea, Sp*rs, Everton, and equal to Liverpool. How can he be happy with that? :( it shows how far standards have slipped. :(

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

can't wait till the men in white coats drag him into the van

:blah: :roll:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Goodplaya on twitter
Wenger: "our results away are in the same bracket as the two top teams" MU 21/27 MC 16/24 AFC 10/24. He doesn't help himself does he?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Chippy wrote:Goodplaya on twitter
Wenger: "our results away are in the same bracket as the two top teams" MU 21/27 MC 16/24 AFC 10/24. He doesn't help himself does he?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
It's almost as if he's going out of his way to talk bollocks and wind up the fans. :roll: Redwumber was banned for less than this clown :(

shu

Post by shu »

OneBardGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:For the long term good of the club, a defeat is the best result tonight. Wenger is under pressure and he mustn't slip the noose this time. Massive 3 games coming up, we could be rid of the old fool for the new year, now wouldn't that be fucking fantastic? :barscarf:
I wish that were true, Sid, But the ONLY way Wenker will go - is if he decides to...even if we end up mid-table at the end of the season, the board still will NOT sack him...we are stuck with the *word censored* till he decides otherwise....so I would prefer we win, rather than lose any games because I'm depressed enough as it is knowing for certain Wenker's going NOWHERE (Yet!).
true , it will take a huge amount of pain to get rid of him and then there maybe no way back to the top 4 that we have taken for granted , i think we will score 4 / 5 as in 4 or 5 not 4/5th s.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:Augie, Flash, DB10, your confidence surrounding this game astounds me. Firstly Reading despite being shite, have shown that they can score goals, and even given their position in the league table, I still think we are under more pressure going into this game than they are.
Our shower of bottlers and halfwit senile manager have shown time and time again that pressure is something they don't handle well.
I will stick my neck out here and say categorically that we won't win this game, Wigan will then be even tougher and we will lose that one.
I'm with you Sid. Go back to the start of the Bradford thread and there were many 4 or 5 goal trouncing predictions. I'll also stick my neck out and say that this Arsenal side won't score more than 3 goals in any game between now and the end of the season. There isn't 4 goals in this side. Yes there was a freak 7-5 between two sets of reserves and six against a League One team and a Southampton side finding their feet. But now everyone is scrapping for survival we won't score 4 against anyone. Having no strikers surprisingly is proving a hinderance - who would have thought that eh?