Wigan Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kite

Re: Wigan Away

Post by kite »

nexum5me wrote:ox has been pretty poor all season tbh
He's still a kid so what do you expect?

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

augie wrote:
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:been disappointed with Ox this half

To be fair he is the only one trying to inject some pace into our game but for too often he is running with his head down :banghead:
can only guess that the movement off the ball is poor - more often than not players look up only then to turn backwards

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

kite wrote:
Exactly, and it is the reason why I keep banging on about why I don't want us wasting all our transfer money on Zaha. People forget that the Ox was playing League One football a couple of seasons ago and at times it shows.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

kite wrote:
Well what I'd expect is he is dropped but if Wenger did that people would slate him and ox would be moaning about fucking off somewhere else :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Halfway to another borefest.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
kite wrote:
Well what I'd expect is he is dropped but if Wenger did that people would slate him and ox would be moaning about fucking off somewhere else :roll:
But dropped for who?? Right winger Ramsey, the fat lazy Russian or the useless Forehead. That's the problem - this so called 'massive squad' that Wenger has assembled has 2 or 3 useless players in every position

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
kite wrote:
But dropped for who?? Right winger Ramsey, the fat lazy Russian or the useless Forehead. That's the problem - this so called 'massive squad' that Wenger has assembled has 2 or 3 useless players in every position
For whoever but if a player is out of form and confidence playing him week in and week out is not good for him or the TEAM.

markyp

Post by markyp »

in their defence the conditions arent helping,the soggy pitch is making the first touch a bit unsure,its bit of a lottery out there,we need a quick second half goal otherwise i see a late wigan goal and a defeat on the cards

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
kite wrote:
For whoever but if a player is out of form and confidence playing him week in and week out is not good for him or the TEAM.
Agreed - but all of the other 3 players I mentioned are woefully out of form and short on confidence as well. When's the last time you could say Ramsey, Arshavin or Klingon had anywhere near a half decent game. The Ox isn't setting the world alight but I'd rather have him out there than any of those useless fuckers

kite

Post by kite »

SteveO 35 wrote:
kite wrote:
Yeah but to be fair the alternatives are out of form, too :?

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

kite wrote:
him to have a couple of good games, is that unreasonable?

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Thought Ox was pretty good in the first half against Reading on Monday.
Non existent second half though.

His pace is exciting but only by playing him will he learn properly how to play.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Calm down dears......we're one goal away from There's Only One Arsene Wenger

wibble

Post by wibble »

markyp wrote:in their defence the conditions arent helping,the soggy pitch is making the first touch a bit unsure
Disappointed in Wenger taking time out of his teamtalk to post on here :wink:

Just as well Wigan can't cross or shoot (so far!) Good build up play from them, we've not really got going- Carzola disappointing so far

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Vinny1967 wrote:only by playing him will he learn properly how to play.
And therein lies the problem. Youth footballing development which should be taking place in the reserves/u18s/out on loan is having to take place in our first team, to the detriment of our league position, because we refuse to buy proven & experienced quality.