Bayern Munich away tix travel pubs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
_James_

Re: Bayern Munich away

Post by _James_ »

Henry is a Gooner wrote:
_James_ wrote:I realized I was still on hold with Thomas Cook for this game, so I called them up and they said they were waiting to see if they could sell me a ticket as they need permission from Arsenal. I had emailed Thomas Cook a while back but got no reply. They blamed Arsenal for not telling them whether or not they could sell the tickets they had.

Also on the ticket page this is back up with a register for a ballot. So I assume there are some unsold tickets somewhere between Thomas Cook and Arsenal.
The Accessibility Ticket ballot is for disabled supporters only mate
I didn't see that. :oops:

I am still confused why Arsenal would leave Thomas Cook with unsold tickets and as the packages are not sold out.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

_James_ wrote:I realized I was still on hold with Thomas Cook for this game, so I called them up and they said they were waiting to see if they could sell me a ticket as they need permission from Arsenal. I had emailed Thomas Cook a while back but got no reply. They blamed Arsenal for not telling them whether or not they could sell the tickets they had.

Also on the ticket page this is back up with a register for a ballot. So I assume there are some unsold tickets somewhere between Thomas Cook and Arsenal.
Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Same old shit with Arsenal. :lol: :banghead:

Still looking forward to this trip, despite the score!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

It'll still be a great trip. No pressure now so we can concentrate on having a laugh....

Don't know whether anyone else remembers it but we lost 2-4 at home to utd one year in the league cup semi final 1st leg. We still took thousands to old Crawford for the second leg & it remains one of the best memories from away games over the years. For the record we did take the lead but lost 1-2 on the night and 3-6 on aggregate...

samflitt

Post by samflitt »

Some guy is selling a ticket and flights for 170 if anyone is interested.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

MK Gould wrote:It'll still be a great trip. No pressure now so we can concentrate on having a laugh....

Don't know whether anyone else remembers it but we lost 2-4 at home to utd one year in the league cup semi final 1st leg. We still took thousands to old Crawford for the second leg & it remains one of the best memories from away games over the years. For the record we did take the lead but lost 1-2 on the night and 3-6 on aggregate...
Exactly - will be able to focus 100% on the piss-up instead.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Is the word realised correct or is it realized ?

Anyway on the plus side if you are going to Munich firstly enjoy the beer. Its 5.2 % but clean with no chemicals so you feel great. Secondly visit the Hoffbrahouse and drink in one of the coolest places to drink beer in the world.
Enjoy the buxom women as there are plenty of them. Enjoy the fact that Bayern are a bloody good football team and could go on to win this and enjoy the fact that we used to have a good team and in History its possible that will happen again under new management.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

MK Gould wrote:It'll still be a great trip. No pressure now so we can concentrate on having a laugh....

We were 0-4 down in Highbury in the first leg but got two goals back. 82-83 Season. United also beat us in the FA Cup semi after we lead at halftime.
We are out of the Champions League but I don't think we will get stuffed in Munich. Narrow defeat or a draw, game should be a bit tame.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

supergeorgegraham wrote:Is the word realised correct or is it realized ?
Realised is UK English, Realized is US English.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I remember it Gouldy.
At Highbury there was a massive inflatable milk bottle on the centre circle (milk cup) before KO. We went 4-0 down and I was in the Northbank. Paid £4 ? on the gate.

(btw, are you related to the gay Bobby Gould?)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Top Londoner wrote:

I remember it Gouldy.
At Highbury there was a massive inflatable milk bottle on the centre circle (milk cup) before KO. We went 4-0 down and I was in the Northbank. Paid £4 ? on the gate.

(btw, are you related to the gay Bobby Gould?)
Ha ha.... I would love to have an ex-gooner in my family tree, especially this happily married father of two.... Alas, but no such luck :lol: !

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

Pointless fixture this, we are already out.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:Pointless fixture this, we are already out.
It's taken you almost a week to spot that..... :o ?

In truth, most of the post-Christmas league games I went to for the first 15 years of being a gooner were completely pointless, given that we were in little danger of relegation and even less chance of actually winning the league. In some of those years there wasn't even the possibility of qualifying for Europe. I still enjoyed them though, so that in itself shouldn't stop anyone going and supporting the team!

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:Pointless fixture this, we are already out.
Couldn't really give a fuck if it was 8-0 in the first leg , five days over Munich getting smashed and having a good sing song can't beat it ,

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

Dan_85 wrote:Image

:shock: :D