Bayern Munich away tix travel pubs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arsenalmorris

Bayern Munich away tix travel pubs

Post by arsenalmorris »

Hi

Has anyone found any good cheap hotels to stay in they can reccomend for me to look at

oboe123

Re: Bayern Munich away

Post by oboe123 »

Not got no details on hotels mate but flightoptions is doing a flight in and out on same day 255 pound

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

arsenalmorris wrote:Hi

Has anyone found any good cheap hotels to stay in they can reccomend for me to look at
We've booked a room for 4 at the Hotel Eder in central Munich for €265 for two nights. Not the cheapest around maybe but I thought a fair price - and decent enough reviews on Trip Advisor. Oh, and breakfast included....

ClockEndNick

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Details announced of the "official trips":
Day Trips from LUTON & GATWICK
Price: £259pp
Includes return flights, transfers from airport to stadium and return, in flight snack, all taxes and charges, ATOL levy.

One night trip from LUTON
Price: £299pp (based on twin share)
Includes flights departing on 12/3/13 and returning on 13/3/13 after the match, in flight meal, all taxes and charges, ATOL levy, transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to stadium and stadium to airport, one night’s accommodation at a 3* hotel in Munich centre. Match ticket cost is not yet known.

Coach trip
Price: £139pp
Includes return coach travel with pick ups at Emirates Stadium, South Mimms and Maidstone Services, crossing charges.

If I hadn't already booked then I would have been interested in the coach trip. But I can't help thinking that £259 by air is better value than £139 by coach.... I'd (maybe naively!) thought that the coach would have come out at less than £100...!

_James_

Post by _James_ »

I am tempted by the Gatwick day trip but as the flight leaves at 11:30, does it wait if there are extra time/penalties?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I am tempted by the Gatwick day trip but as the flight leaves at 11:30, does it wait if there are extra time/penalties?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's more chance of Diaby getting Arsenal's appearance record than us taking Bayern anywhere near extra time or penalties. Sorry mate, it's all over after the first leg!! :oops:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

_James_ wrote:I am tempted by the Gatwick day trip but as the flight leaves at 11:30, does it wait if there are extra time/penalties?
If you are talking about the official trip then I would say it would definitely wait.

And I imagine that any time they quote for the return journey is more a way of ensuring you will make your way to the waiting transport promptly at the end of the game. With an 8.45pm kick off (local time) it will be 10.40pm before it finishes anyway - even without the ET and Pens - so not a chance it will depart at 11.30pm!

EDIT: I notice that the Luton and Gatwick flights show exactly the same times for the return journey....Just hope they have two runways :shock: !

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

booked 2 twin rooms and a triple in hotel metres from munich hbf station for 3 nights.
arrive mon night leave thurs night, flying with easy jet worked out £190 each total.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

WEWEREINVINCIBLE! wrote:booked 2 twin rooms and a triple in hotel metres from munich hbf station for 3 nights.
arrive mon night leave thurs night, flying with easy jet worked out £190 each total.
Flying to Stuttgart with Germanwings from Heathrow. Hire car to Munich. Two nights in quadruple room 3 minute walk from Munich hbf....£179 each!

Anyone know whether local public transport is free on the day of the game if you have a match ticket, like in Schalke?

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

WEWEREINVINCIBLE! wrote:booked 2 twin rooms and a triple in hotel metres from munich hbf station for 3 nights.
whats hotel called

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:Anyone know whether local public transport is free on the day of the game if you have a match ticket, like in Schalke?
Yes.

So far in total i'm up to £140 for flights to/from Frankfurt, train tickets to/from Munich & 2 hostel nights 8)

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Dan_85 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Anyone know whether local public transport is free on the day of the game if you have a match ticket, like in Schalke?
Yes.
Hi Dan,

where did you get this info from? The MVV-site (Munich public transport) says no (no such interest from FC Bayern nor from 1860 Munich), actually...

"Die Eintrittskarten und Dauerkarten der Fußballvereine enthalten keine MVV-Fahrkarten, da das Interesse der Münchner Fußballclubs an einer integrierten MVV-Nutzung nicht groß genug ist.
Aber es gibt Alternativen!

in German
http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/de/unterwegs ... index.html

One can buy travel cards, partner and group tickets use Park 'n Ride alternativly...

from the Munich airport

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/tickets-f ... index.html

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Poldi wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
Yes.
Hi Dan,

where did you get this info from? The MVV-site (Munich public transport) says no (no such interest from FC Bayern nor from 1860 Munich), actually...

"Die Eintrittskarten und Dauerkarten der Fußballvereine enthalten keine MVV-Fahrkarten, da das Interesse der Münchner Fußballclubs an einer integrierten MVV-Nutzung nicht groß genug ist.

in German

One can buy travel cards, partner and group tickets use Park 'n Ride alternativly...

from the Munich airport

Apologies, I must be wrong. Was just going on what i'd heard.

As you were... :oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Dan_85 wrote:
Poldi wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
Yes.
Hi Dan,

in German

from the Munich airport

Apologies, I must be wrong. Was just going on what i'd heard.

As you were... :oops:
Yep, don't get involved in German things please Dan. Cheers :barscarf: :lol: :wink: