Our Future

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Our Future

Post by supergeorgegraham »

This is the most probable outcome. Wenger will leave for PSG at the end of the season. Pep and Jose will stay well clear of Arsenal due to Kronke.
We will need a manager that is good on a tight budjet and the only candidate will be Moyes from Everton who has done an amazing job there.
Moyes will get a few seasons due to the bedding in period and Arsenal will still have the same transfer policy but will maybe lose players like Ox and Wilshere more readily.
Our gate receipts will still be ok as fans will have the morale high ground on sticking with the club threw thick and thin.
We wont come back as a force until Kronke is gone and that is the one piece of the puzzle that I have no clue to its end.
So in a word our problem will not go away with Wenger but Moyes will do his best.

rodders999

Re: Our Future

Post by rodders999 »

supergeorgegraham wrote: So in a word our problem will not go away with Wenger
Mine will :twisted:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Wenger to PSG dream on.He would be under pressure to win trophies.No more fucking projects.He wouldn't last a season there.£7m in the comfort zone for finishing 4th.We are stuck with him :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

supergeorgegraham wrote:This is the most probable outcome. Wenger will leave for PSG at the end of the season.
I stopped reading after that bit - not a chance in hell.

a) he'd have to want to leave the cosy little £7m per year number he has now

OR

b) the American chuckle brothers whose wealth is generated by Wenger's wonderful 'sell all out best players and sign cheap crap', would have to decide to force him out a year early involving paying up £7m and getting a new manager (who will probably require compensation and obviously a new salary)

Would you fire the bloke who generates your wealth, pay £15m or so in the process, to attract a new bloke who would then want to go and spend your money improving the team. Not a fucking chance of happening

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Our future? One word;

Grim.

:|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Our future = Wenger

'til 2014 and i'm guessing at least 5 years after that

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

SteveO 35 wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:This is the most probable outcome. Wenger will leave for PSG at the end of the season.
I stopped reading after that bit - not a chance in hell.
Was about to post the exact same thing.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I normally switch off when Gazidis opens his conglomerate gob but he has said one vital thing in his time-

"Arsene is ultimately accountable to the fans — they ultimately make judgment. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time that is unsustainable"

That's why I thnk there's a chance (albeit a pretty slim one) that Wenger could be gone this summer. If, as looks likely, the transfer window passes AGAIN with the squad not strengthened and things go tits up from now to May, which lets face it we all know will, I think we could be reaching the end game with the manager.

If not May 2013 then 100%, without a doubt, cast iron guaranteed May 2014.....FACT :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
If not May 2013 then 100%, without a doubt, cast iron guaranteed May 2014.....FACT :barscarf:
That was a throwaway comment from Gazidis to the fans. His bonus is driven by Wenger and is a puppet on Kroenke's string anyway. He has about as much power as that loser Bruce Buck does at Chelsea

I'll put you down for a burger, hot dog, ribs and all the trimmings at the contract extension BBQ.

You guys will be fucking amazed at how quickly the sentiment will change. If we win the Virtual Trophy and Wenger has a year left on his current deal, I guarantee that there will be a majority that want him to stay on longer

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

We will fail to win anything this year and fall out the top4. He will stay until his contract ends and leave us fucked, players leaving, broke with a half empty bowl due to more ticket increases.

He will then pick out next manager Dragan Stojković and the rot will continue

Then maybe in the future the yank will sell to Usmanov and all will change for the better

I can’t wait for the cancerous stubborn clown wanker to fuck off.

The man is a fucking joke and a fraud. Big nosed prick, may he rot

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That worries me mikey. If, as I suspect, he leaves next summer when still on good terms with the board and with huge control over the club's affairs, it's very difficult to envisage that he wouldn't have a considerable say in who carries on his legacy of failure, such is his influence over the board.

And no doubt he will want to be followed by a young manager with the same principles of profits over trophies and building the least physically impressive team in the league. No way will Wenger want to be succeeded by a famous manager who will spend money and has got a long list of European clubs on his CV like Ancelotti (not a serious suggestion, just an example).

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

northbank123 wrote:That worries me mikey. If, as I suspect, he leaves next summer when still on good terms with the board and with huge control over the club's affairs, it's very difficult to envisage that he wouldn't have a considerable say in who carries on his legacy of failure, such is his influence over the board.

And no doubt he will want to be followed by a young manager with the same principles of profits over trophies and building the least physically impressive team in the league. No way will Wenger want to be succeeded by a famous manager who will spend money and has got a long list of European clubs on his CV like Ancelotti (not a serious suggestion, just an example).

He already picked him mate - Stojković has been named by Wenger as the person he would like to take over Arsenal when he has gone.[11] Arsène Wenger mentioned that he would love Stojković to be his successor at Arsenal, stating "Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football,"[12] After the successful 2010 season

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:That worries me mikey. If, as I suspect, he leaves next summer when still on good terms with the board and with huge control over the club's affairs, it's very difficult to envisage that he wouldn't have a considerable say in who carries on his legacy of failure, such is his influence over the board.

He already picked him mate - Stojković has been named by Wenger as the person he would like to take over Arsenal when he has gone.[11] Arsène Wenger mentioned that he would love Stojković to be his successor at Arsenal, stating "Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football,"[12] After the successful 2010 season
Managed the same club in Japan (and nowhere else), played under Wenger for two years.... makes sense. :banghead:

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

northbank123 wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:

Managed the same club in Japan (and nowhere else), played under Wenger for two years.... makes sense. :banghead:

And he is an unknown name. A find by wenker. Its win win for him

If he does well it shows that its all because of wenger, and if he is shit, it means a great name manager didn’t come in and make things great again.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Our future? Copy and paste any season from 06 onwards. Job done!