Ticket Pricing, Empty Seats, Box & Club Level Empties

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Ticket Pricing - Fans have had enough!

Post by Herd »

Fcuk City and their whining fans !

Also fcuk Arsene Wenger for daring to Justify the ticket prices at Arsenal,for me he has crossed the line and I now hold him in as much contempt as the greatful dead Fizman,the duffer that is Hillwood ,the shyster Dein and the cuntz Friar n Gazidis !

The article shows how desperate and stupid we are pinning all our hopes on FFP !

These people cheapen the once proud name of Arsenal everyday , I can barely take it anymore !

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Herd wrote:Fcuk City and their whining fans !

Also fcuk Arsene Wenger for daring to Justify the ticket prices at Arsenal,for me he has crossed the line and I now hold him in as much contempt as the greatful dead Fizman,the duffer that is Hillwood ,the shyster Dein and the cuntz Friar n Gazidis !

The article shows how desperate and stupid we are pinning all our hopes on FFP !

These people cheapen the once proud name of Arsenal everyday , I can barely take it anymore !
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html

This article shows that it's all about the profits mate, they could give a f :censored: k who sits in your seat, we're being sold down the river. At least Shitty's rich benefactors pump enough money in to subsidise the cost of their tickets, whereas our greedy C :censored: S are happy to bleed us & our club dry.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The bad press from the city game must have had pravda shitting themselves, im amazed they havent posted a Tom Watt interview on the website telling us how things are better than when we stood on the Northbank for £4 back in the mid 80's

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Herd wrote:Fcuk City and their whining fans !

Yep. Now you can understand why i fucking hate the guy so much. Sad state we are in, mainly down to that old fool

Den10kamp

Post by Den10kamp »

flash gunner wrote:The bad press from the city game must have had pravda shitting themselves, im amazed they havent posted a Tom Watt interview on the website telling us how things are better than when we stood on the Northbank for £4 back in the mid 80's
you've gone and done it now lol

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

One of the things that annoyed me about the Citeh "protest" was the assumption by the media (and 4th official!!) that the away fans were the only ones paying £62.... What they ignored was that this was only the minimum price paid by Arsenal fans and that some would have been paying more than twice that!!

And I was talking about this with a guy next to me yesterday and he refused to accept that as a season ticket holder he too was paying £62.... I told him to work it out for himself if he didn't believe me, but it is a myth that season ticket holders get some sort of massive discount on the price of buying individual tickets for all 26 games! That may happen at Barca and Bayern, but not in Islington!!

The other thing is that football fans will only ever resolve this by being united. Yesterday's "protest" was simply devisive as their chants were aimed more at us mugs than at the clubs (not just Arsenal...look at the ticket prices for our games at Chelsea, and at QPR and Fulham this season!) and authorities who allow this to happen!! I think this is a lesson for anyone involved in protesting at Arsenal e.g. BSM and others. There is a need to split out those issues which are specific to our club and address them with our Board. But for issues generic to football I think we should be joining up with fans of other clubs - rather than mocking them (and vice versa)!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

MK Gould wrote:One of the things that annoyed me about the Citeh "protest" was the assumption by the media (and 4th official!!) that the away fans were the only ones paying £62.... What they ignored was that this was only the minimum price paid by Arsenal fans and that some would have been paying more than twice that!!

And I was talking about this with a guy next to me yesterday and he refused to accept that as a season ticket holder he too was paying £62.... I told him to work it out for himself if he didn't believe me, but it is a myth that season ticket holders get some sort of massive discount on the price of buying individual tickets for all 26 games! That may happen at Barca and Bayern, but not in Islington!!

The other thing is that football fans will only ever resolve this by being united. Yesterday's "protest" was simply devisive as their chants were aimed more at us mugs than at the clubs (not just Arsenal...look at the ticket prices for our games at Chelsea, and at QPR and Fulham this season!) and authorities who allow this to happen!! I think this is a lesson for anyone involved in protesting at Arsenal e.g. BSM and others. There is a need to split out those issues which are specific to our club and address them with our Board. But for issues generic to football I think we should be joining up with fans of other clubs - rather than mocking them (and vice versa)!
The City fans have got a fucking cheek anyway - they are competing for trophies and paying the top wages anywhere in the world so they are damn fucking lucky that is being bankrolled by a rich family otherwise they'd have to pay double that to make even a dent in their losses. We are the ones suffering with these prices week in week out.

However, I ask again - if we were watching top quality talent in its prime as we were with DB10, Henry and Bergkamp, would we be moaning about £62. I wouldn't be moaning because I think it would be fairly priced. However, the current team both in terms of ability and entertainment value do not merit those prices or anywhere near.

The City fans that we're interviewed were kicking off because their day in London cost them £100. Err...you expect to travel half the length of the country, watch the League Champions, stuff your face etc for less than that?? FFS....its 2013, not 1913.

We on the other hand have to pay this every week to watch us fall below Everton, a team whose wage spend is dwarfed by us

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

SteveO 35 wrote:.....if we were watching top quality talent in its prime as we were with DB10, Henry and Bergkamp, would we be moaning about £62. I wouldn't be moaning because I think it would be fairly priced. However, the current team both in terms of ability and entertainment value do not merit those prices or anywhere near.
You might be right that we wouldn't be moaning, but £62 MINIMUM price is a rip off regardless of the quality on offer.... And £126 overlooking the halfway line in the upper tier should come with free drink and a meal....!! How can anyone on normal wages afford to pay those prices - especially when this isn't an annual trip to the theatre/opera. Football fans are expected to go once or twice a week!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i think fair play to the city lads who made their feelings known at the match and beforehand in the media.

just cos city are now rolling in it, doesn't make their fans any richer does it ? - and i'd bet a lot of their away support has been following them through the rough times too.

i'm pretty sure i remember being told by the JCL's that ticket prices would fall at the emirates due to the higher attendances and more luxury boxes subsidizing the 'ordinary' fan.

how'd that work out.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We can debate ticket prices till the cows come home but the reality for City is that if they expect to see Aguero, Yaya Toure, Tevez and whoever the latest greedy mercenary is picking up £200k per week then someone needs to pay for it. In their case they are damn fucking lucky that they are being bankrolled by a family who will never get a return on their investment.

If they are appalled by the ticket prices don't fucking go to matches. I could go every week if I wanted to and I choose not to because I disagree completely with how the American is killing our club and turning us into the laughing stock of English football. But it isn't the ticket price itself that kills me, its the complete lack of interest in the football side of the 'business' that does it for me and the way they blatantly exploit the fans.

If we signed David Villa and a host of players on 100k per week and starting genuinely competing on all four fronts, playing great attacking football and retaining our top players on competitive pay (also 100k per week).....do you honestly think that £62 is too much for that. The £100+ price for the top tickets is irrelevant - only a very small %age do that and enjoy the prestige. For the masses £62 would be the price and to see top European footballers for that price is not bad in my view

Paying £32 to watch Giroud and Gervinho as our front two offends me far more than paying double that to watch RvP and Fabregas

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

SteveO 35 wrote:We can debate ticket prices till the cows come home but the reality for City is that if they expect to see Aguero, Yaya Toure, Tevez and whoever the latest greedy mercenary is picking up £200k per week then someone needs to pay for it. In their case they are damn fucking lucky that they are being bankrolled by a family who will never get a return on their investment.

If they are appalled by the ticket prices don't fucking go to matches. I could go every week if I wanted to and I choose not to because I disagree completely with how the American is killing our club and turning us into the laughing stock of English football. But it isn't the ticket price itself that kills me, its the complete lack of interest in the football side of the 'business' that does it for me and the way they blatantly exploit the fans.

If we signed David Villa and a host of players on 100k per week and starting genuinely competing on all four fronts, playing great attacking football and retaining our top players on competitive pay (also 100k per week).....do you honestly think that £62 is too much for that. The £100+ price for the top tickets is irrelevant - only a very small %age do that and enjoy the prestige. For the masses £62 would be the price and to see top European footballers for that price is not bad in my view

Paying £32 to watch Giroud and Gervinho as our front two offends me far more than paying double that to watch RvP and Fabregas
Sorry, but if we had Aguero, Yaya Toure, Tevez and Villa playing for us it would make fuck all difference to my wages.... I still couldn't afford to go to more games than I do right now. I'm paying for me and my two boys, so a game against the like of City costs me the best part of £120 and that is in the Family Enclosure...! Add to that petrol and a pint and its nearer £150. And then we have the replay against Swansea just a few days later....

Ok, so for some people it's not the price that's wrong it's the product. But for me it's definitely a bit of both, and more the price in terms of what is stopping me from going to more games....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

MK Gould wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:We can debate ticket prices till the cows come home but the reality for City is that if they expect to see Aguero, Yaya Toure, Tevez and whoever the latest greedy mercenary is picking up £200k per week then someone needs to pay for it. In their case they are damn fucking lucky that they are being bankrolled by a family who will never get a return on their investment.

Sorry, but if we had Aguero, Yaya Toure, Tevez and Villa playing for us it would make fuck all difference to my wages.... I still couldn't afford to go to more games than I do right now. I'm paying for me and my two boys, so a game against the like of City costs me the best part of £120 and that is in the Family Enclosure...! Add to that petrol and a pint and its nearer £150. And then we have the replay against Swansea just a few days later....

Ok, so for some people it's not the price that's wrong it's the product. But for me it's definitely a bit of both, and more the price in terms of what is stopping me from going to more games....
Do you hear fans of clubs promoted from the Championship complain that their tickets are going to be nearly twice as expensive on average? No. It's part and parcel of success. So, although £62 is very steep, they are champions of England and as such are naturally going to cost more.

If you want really cheap tickets then you better hope that Wenger gets successive contract extensions because it ain't going to happen unless we suffer a few relegations.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

The funniest thing about all this is yet to unfold ...

The suggestion from various fan groups to re locate the away fans is I understand being discussed in detail at the next board meeting.

If this was approved for next season then it would of course create 3000+ extra cheaper seats in the lower tier for home fans, better atmosphere etc with no aways there etc and all positive for us BUT it would mean that if we stick with the existing categories then the like of Citeh fans will be paying £80 + to no doubt beat us again next year !

That will certainly get the tabloids and phone ins going

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

The 912 unsold £62 City tickets were returned to Arsenal and promptly put on sale to home fans via arsenal.com. All 912 tickets were promptly snapped up and the game was sold out.

So complain all we want about the prices, why on earth will they go down when the games continue to sell out.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

georgeknows89 wrote:The funniest thing about all this is yet to unfold ...

The suggestion from various fan groups to re locate the away fans is I understand being discussed in detail at the next board meeting.

If this was approved for next season then it would of course create 3000+ extra cheaper seats in the lower tier for home fans, better atmosphere etc with no aways there etc and all positive for us BUT it would mean that if we stick with the existing categories then the like of Citeh fans will be paying £80 + to no doubt beat us again next year !

That will certainly get the tabloids and phone ins going
I've said this before, the away fans will never be moved upstairs at AG as the away sector would be empty every week with visiting fans refusing to pay those prices. Fear not though, by keeping the away fans downstairs there are plenty of Arsenal sheep & tourists willing to snap up those £75 upstairs tickets...