Your favorite Bergkamp memory or goals ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cardinal2011

Re: Your favorite Bergkamp memory or goals ?

Post by cardinal2011 »

arseofacrow wrote:
cardinal2011 wrote:It is great looking back at some of the great things he did but I must admit it also makes me feel a bit sad. I don't think I will ever see a player like him again in an Arsenal shirt.

I have more fond memories of him then any of my ex girlfriends!!!! :oops:
Tell us more.

:D

To be honest I think it says more about the quality of women I went for!! :lol:

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

My favourite Bergkamp memory? That goal against Argentina in Marseille, without a shadow of a doubt. I was only ten years old, but I can still remember everything about that game and the goal. People went absolutely mental when Bergkamp scored, everyone was running down the street as if we had just won the World Cup. Normally it is a very busy street, but on the day it was just desolated because the whole country was watching the game. Such a shame we messed it up against Brazil in the semi finals...

I still get goosebumps when I watch the goal with Jack van Gelder's commentary. Especially because he practically announced the goal. He said: "We're going to the semi finals, I have that feeling we will reach the semi finals!" only seconds before Frank de Boer crossed the ball to Bergkamp. :barscarf:

My favourite Arsenal moment from Bergkamp has to be the Newcastle goal. Like the Argentina goal, it's something I've never ever seen before. Dennis was and will always be my favourite Arsenal player ever and sometimes that makes me a little bid sad. If only we could turn back time...

Ben Diesel

Post by Ben Diesel »

Two favourite Bergkamp memories for me:

First, at sixteen minutes past three, on the 23rd September 1995, his first goal for the Arsenal against Southampton. Tony Gubba (RIP) commentating for MoTD - "...and after ten hours and forty six minutes of the season, Bergkamp finally delivers."

And ever since then, all of my fantasy football league teams have been named: Ten Hours and Forty Six Minutes in honour of Dennis.

Second, his solo breakaway goal away at Birmingham, and then running across the front of the away stand with his arm raised, pointing to the captain's armband.

Dennis knows.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Apart from the obvious another goal I loved from him was a home game against Bayer Leverkusan in 2002, the team were absolutely phenomenal that night but Bergkamp ran the show in a 4-1 victory, capped off by a sensational goal where he held up the ball then chipped the keeper from an impossible angle.

Absolutely superb player, would slightly edge Henry in the greatest I've ever seen but Bergkamp is certainly not far behind.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

I got my season ticket aged 15 in the clockend about 3 weeks before we signed Bergkamp..

The game against southampton I'd bought one of those £5 cheap t-shirts with bergkamp on the front and put it over my Arsenal shirt..then he scored and the roof came off..the second was superb as well

The last day of the season was something else, that last minute goal against Bolton was I think the roof very nearly did come off! Everyone on the seats, one of which snapped off and somehow ended up leaving the stadium..

Spurs in November 96 was simply out of this world, it was almost 2 years do the day since my Dad died and I remember at 1-1 looking to the sky thinking "come on Dad, do us a favour"..then TA scores to put us 2-1 and Dennis' goal was just something else..the pure emotion released was phenomenal..seeing the highlights after and you have Wrighty and Merse hugging on one side of the pitch and Dennis sliding on his knees before he's mobbed...plus the moment when he brings it down and that moment everyone shouts "go on...YESSSSSSSSSSSS!" fucking bedlam so much so I had to watch it again (also love it that Hartson does his bollocks at the near post because it wasn't played to him!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvaxECYrrw

Quite simply, the best Arsenal player ever for me..
:bowing21:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Clive Wilson can still be seen wondering outside the Highburt East Stand
confused, scrawny and emaciated
begging for money so he can try and buy a ticket back in

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Favourite memory has to be the game vs Middlesborough, in sept 2004,we went 3-1 down, and Dennis who was captain for the day, from the re-start simply walked past three players, placed the ball in the net from about 20 yards out and we rallied back to win 5-3 to keep the unbeaten run going. It was his way of saying, "we are not losing today, not on my watch".

Favourite goal I still have a special memory for the chipped goal he scored in a 4-1 win against a german team in UEFA cup run,(I think :hmmthink: ) I was sitting in the lower east with a girlfriend and we were bang level with the 18 yard box clock end. A sublime, great moment,

Herd

Post by Herd »

Deep Joy , for all the pent up frustration I have with the club and ms wenger when I think back to those Halcyon days when Dennis played for us it always brings a smile to my face .
Too many great moments to single one out I'm just happy he signed for us .
I watched him play for Inter against Villa in brum and they wouldn't pass to him such was the stupidity of his colleagues .
One of Mr Deins better decisions !

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:Apart from the obvious another goal I loved from him was a home game against Bayer Leverkusan in 2002, the team were absolutely phenomenal that night but Bergkamp ran the show in a 4-1 victory, capped off by a sensational goal where he held up the ball then chipped the keeper from an impossible angle.

Absolutely superb player, would slightly edge Henry in the greatest I've ever seen but Bergkamp is certainly not far behind.

The Bergkamp goal in the 4-1 against Bayer is also my favourite DB10 goal, not just because it was sublime but also because that was the first game i saw live at Highbury ( i am an overseas gooner ).

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

The more I think about the more I find it funny that his name is Dennis....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swifty wrote:The more I think about the more I find it funny that his name is Dennis....
Careful... Blasphemy will be punished by death. 8)

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

My best memory of Bergkamp was growing up as a 16 year old boy and knowing it was ok to be sexually attracted to women but occasionally find men very very sexy.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Number 5 wrote:My best memory of Bergkamp was growing up as a 16 year old boy and knowing it was ok to be sexually attracted to women but occasionally find men very very sexy.
Careful... Blasphemy will be punished by death 8)

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Number 5 wrote:My best memory of Bergkamp was growing up as a 16 year old boy and knowing it was ok to be sexually attracted to women but occasionally find men very very sexy.
Careful... Blasphemy will be punished by death 8)
Yeah, by your wife.

Tell her to get her own Ice Blonde hair and rugged good looks.

Failing that, teach her to suck a dick. :lol: