SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD

Post by mcdowell42 »

TommyGunner

Post by TommyGunner »

Interesting but no way would we offer anywhere near 250k a week and he wouldn't drop to a wage of any of our current players. Would have him in a heartbeat though :barscarf: :barscarf:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

TommyGunner wrote:
Interesting but no way would we offer anywhere near 250k a week and he wouldn't drop to a wage of any of our current players. Would have him in a heartbeat though :barscarf: :barscarf:
Denilson, Arshavin, Squilacci, Djourou, Mariane... that makes it around 250 :)

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Would/should the rest of our team accept being on 1/3rd of Shrek's wages? Anybody that has a good season and is due a renewal, would expect at least half that...

Post by 1989 »

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal ... rmc-sport/

You couldn't make it up. :lol:

From being linked to Jovetić and Higuain to ending up signing this (you guessed it) French nobody. Expected though I guess. :evil: :evil: :evil:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I'm glad - realistically we need a minimum of three strikers.
And at the moment we only have one.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

1989 wrote:http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal ... rmc-sport/

From being linked to Jovetić and Higuain to ending up signing this (you guessed it) French nobody. Expected though I guess. :evil: :evil: :evil:
This...... :duh: :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

On a free as well right up that wanker's street.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

we've got a twenty year old on a free - lets all drink the koolaid, commit hari-kiri etc
what on earth has this got to do with us signing a big name striker?!?

like my wife crying I'm not gonna take her out to dinner because I've eaten breakfast

jrthgooner

New signing

Post by jrthgooner »

Please see article below:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... aya-Sanogo

My question would be why are we signing him? Akpom has scored lots of goals in the reserves this year suremy he would be worth a chance? If we did want to take a chance with a signing then why not Hooper from Celtic or Austen of Burnley who have both scored more goals and have more first team experience than this bloke?

I hope this is not a sign of things to come in the summer as Wenger can't handle and won't buy big names!!!

DB10GOONER

Re: New signing

Post by DB10GOONER »

jrthgooner wrote:Please see article below:

My question would be why are we signing him? Akpom has scored lots of goals in the reserves this year suremy he would be worth a chance? If we did want to take a chance with a signing then why not Hooper from Celtic or Austen of Burnley who have both scored more goals and have more first team experience than this bloke?

I hope this is not a sign of things to come in the summer as Wenger can't handle and won't buy big names!!!
He's not actually been signed yet so this goes in the transfer thread.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This kind of signing normally would be pretty risk-free as the compensation will be fairly negligible I'd imagine and he should really be paid much, so if it doesn't work out not much damage done and if it does then you've got a bargain.

The problem is that he'll probably be signed in place of a proper striker to improve the squad now - and then farmed out on loan for years. I see that Joel Campbell's loan has been extended for another season - are we ever going to see him in an Arsenal shirt? Part of me hopes not tbh.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

1989 wrote:http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal ... rmc-sport/

Brilliant, they have already labelled him "sicknote" cos of his poor injury record :roll:

Maybe he was signed to keep Diaby company in the medical room, being French an all I'm sure they'll have lots to talk about.....fast cars....big houses.....doing fuck all for a living except being massaged every day.....fuck me sideways :roll:

Anyhow if he turns out to be the next Henry I reserve the right to amend this post :wink: :lol:

Re: New signing

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
jrthgooner wrote:Please see article below:

He's not actually been signed yet so this goes in the transfer thread.
It is as good as done as he's openly discussed it.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Yaya Sanogo?! :roll: :lol: Pardon me for not getting too excited.