SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
1989 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:Roma confirm Lamela sale to spuds. 30m.

did they win the Euro MIllions or somefink ?

I can just hear wanger now "weel yeez, the Bale sale pushed prices up enormously and we have such super quality already at the club anyway..."

:censored: :banghead: :censored:
He has planned this all along. Le Arsehole will come out in the end and claim that "we tried hard to sign players, but the top players are happy at their clubs who didn't want to sell to us", knowing beforehand that we didn't stand a chance of signing any of these players in the first place. He doesn't want to spend money. He's taken it as a challenge upon himself to win trophies with a profit to prove everyone who has said he has to spend to win wrong.

He's on a personal ego trip at the expense of Arsenal Football Club.

Which is what some of us were saying way back when everyone was banging on about the 'done deal' that was Higuain

I think I was in a small minority who thought he definitely would not sign a player for more than £20m.

Anyone still care to have that bet now?

The man is as unsuited to football in the year 2013 as Ron Atkinson head of equal opportunities at Channel 5
:shock: :shock: :shock: Bloody hell when did that happen!?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Irish Gooner wrote:Despite the fact I've wanted Wenger out since 2009, when he persisted with Denilson and Almunia nearly causing an average Aston Villa side coming 4th, I am still utterly amazed at this summer.

For a while I thought maybe we would get Suarez and it was true the misery was coming to an end but no it never does at this club.

I found football can be a great distraction for all of lifes problems, but these days its just another of the problems. I really miss having a team I love and getting behind them 100%, being distraught when we lose and elated when we win. These days it doesnt happen and I put that down to mainly Arsene Wenger
Could not have said it better IG...This needs to be put on leaflets and handed out to all and sundry at every home game till the fool leaves.

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

Saw Ray Palour in the Pizza Express in Bas Vegas last night....he looked like he was in good nick....can't we sign him ? :rubchin:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Cheers up lads, there's so much to look forward to over the next 5 days.
One of 2 things is going to happen. We're either going to sign a couple of......wait for it......SPECIAL SPECIAL players or the manager shows that he is a complete liar and bullshitter in which case the rather large lady will hopefully be clearing her throat and signalling the beginning of the end of his tenure.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Even without Bale Spurs are really starting to scare me. They have bought some terrific players and for the right fees. There squad is better than ours IMO.
like QPR last season...fantastic players that we had also been linked with. Remy, Samba, etc...I still think we are stronger except in goal we need a world class keeper, just need quality to fill in when the injuries hit. The Ox, Arteta, Podolski, TV5, Diaby that's the subs bench stripped down. Micah Richards would be ace replacement for when Sagna gets injured cos it will happen sooner rather than later.
This may well be the year they surpass us but they won't challenge, not even nearly.

They don't have any players near the talent of the likes of van Persie, Rooney, Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure and they'd kill for a Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc. They have more depth now but the likes of Andros Townsend still managed to get a game and their defence is still very average.
The signings they are making just reminds me of the summer of 1988, they signed Gascoigne and Paul Stewart at the time two great English talents for combined £8m, we signed Lee Dixon and Steve Bould for a combined £750,000. What happened next? I'm not saying we are gonna win the league but we are still better than them.
This is one of the most foolish posts ever friend. Just to bury your head in the sand and say 'we are better than them' totally ignores the fact that Wenger has his fiddle out while the Rome fire department are at full stretch :roll:

Postman

Post by Postman »

The team down the road are doing everything I wanted US to do this summer. :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Postman wrote:The team down the road are doing everything I wanted US to do this summer. :banghead:
Not quite! Wenger beat them to you Yaya :barscarf:

lowerwest

Post by lowerwest »

today and tomorrow thats all we have got cos we wont be signing anyone saturday or sunday.

anyone heard anything from gazidis or chips? anything official from our hierachy.

wenger has been hung out to dry big time.still i guess he has acheived this years objective get us in the CL group stages.

words fail me how inept we have been.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not a peep out of Ivan the slimey bastard. Rotten to the core the whole lot of them. Arsenal Fotball Club has been destroyed by these cretins. :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting
Im still waiting

STOP MAKING SENSE

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

As I understand it a transferred player needs to be registered by the PL before midday on Friday to become eligible for that weekends fixtures.
So we have just under 26 hours to make any moves, or its a last day trolley dash again.
I know its Spurs but is anyone hoping we get another 8-2 arse whipping?
I hope we get something, even a plucky draw, just do enough to convince the Lunatic his squad + Flamini is good enough.
He actually believes this you know?
Then when injuries and suspensions mean by November we are 12th, have Flappy in goal, 4 full backs as the back four and Bendtner on the bench he will have little choice but to walk.

augie

Post by augie »

lowerwest wrote:today and tomorrow thats all we have got cos we wont be signing anyone saturday or sunday.

anyone heard anything from gazidis or chips? anything official from our hierachy.

wenger has been hung out to dry big time.still i guess he has acheived this years objective get us in the CL group stages.

words fail me how inept we have been.

Are you fcuking serious ? Wenger is a :censored: of the highest order and it is he who is 100% in charge of who we buy, how much we will pay for them and how much wages we will offer them so if we aint signing anybody then it is because of that frenck prix :evil: People keep using the smarmy yanks (gazidas) words about spending big as part of the reason why we aint spending but for me that is total and utter bullshit - yes it might raise the price of a suarez level player from 40m to 50m which would be unrealistic, but if it rose the price of a higuain sighing from 23m to 30m then so fcuking what.....we have that type of money to spend so spend it you d**khead :evil:

I still believe that the selling of our best players in recent seasons was always gonna catch up on us - no top player would sign for a selling club like us and one look at our squad would be enough to convince any player that we are not good enough by a long way. Maybe (in theory) you could go to a club like Madrid and buy 2 or 3 of their players at one time in an effort to show them all that you have ambitions but no top player, on his own, would sign based on promises for more top signings and especially if those promises come from a club that has become notorious for lying through it's teeth in recent years.

To sign top players now, we need a new manager - a top player would need to look at our club and see that a new manager coming in was going to change the policies that have dragged the club down in recent seasons instead of sticking with the set up that has shown nothing but failure and that has seen all our best players leave as soon as they could :cry:

Anyway I don't give a fcuk if we sign anybody anymore 8)

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

If we get thrashed by spurs I can see wenger going on a crazy merry go round shopping spree at Tesco looking for bargain

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Come Sunday/Monday all international players will have gone back to their countries so good luck with the 11th hour trolley dash.

If the price for signing nobody is a 7th place finish and the Turnip gone in May '14 then sign me up for it now.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I still think there will be last minute signings, but they will be from the premier league, fully expect Cabaye, Williams and possibly Michu to be Arsenal players come next week, none of them any better than what we have, thus "very special" :banghead: