sp*rs (a) match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kite

Re: sp*rs (a) match thread

Post by kite »

I looked it up:
Walcotts..
goals that have equalised: 2
goals that have put Arsenal in front: 7
goals that extended a one-goal-lead: 0
goals that extended a two-or-more-goal-lead: 7
goals that reduced the lead of the enemy: 2

Bales..
goals that have equalised: 2
goals that have put Tottenham in front: 9
goals that extended a one-goal-lead: 6
goals that extended a two-or-more-goal-lead: 2
goals that reduced the lead of the enemy: 2

So you could say Bale scores more important goals if you want to as extending a extending a lead from one to two goals is "more important" than extending an already big lead. Walcott has more assists though.. Bale doesn't really set up goals anymore.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

1989 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote: Walcott has done well in important games before, got a brace against Spurs in that 2012 "turnaround" game and scored against Barcelona away and in 2007 League Cup final.
Did not mate.
Apologies, at home.

samflitt

Post by samflitt »

we are gonna get fucked by Bale!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Firstly, anymore of you inbred cúnts spout statistics to discredit or praise Monkeycunt and you will be banned. Fuck off with your fucking stats and watch American Statball or Gridiron or whatever the fuck they call 4 hours of boredom and stats. :x :roll: :x

Secondly, stop with the Monkeycunt love in!! :banghead:

He's had his couple of good games. He is now due 3 or 4 games of NOTHING. If not, then one or two decent fucking early markers up side the leg and he is out of that game, the windy bitch.

Of course this does depend on one of our lads having the fucking balls and the brains to leave a couple on him. As they had a bit of a spat in the last game, my money is on young Jack introducing his studs to Monkeycunt's ankle about 8 minutes in. :lol: 8)

Honestly my only real fear regarding Monkeycunt is a piss weak ref giving him a penno after one of his numerous dives. :roll:

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

I have to disagree with the previous post. Bale is no Messi or Ronaldo but basically he is winning matches on his own.

It will be 2-1 The Spuds on Sunday. That will be an insurmountable 7 point gap. A draw the best we can get.
I think we were incredibly lucky last season to finish above Spurs but our luck will not last this year.
They have not lost in the league for three months!

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Absolutely dreading this game, were shit, they're not! they're in good form, were not! they have monkey boy, we dont! they are strong, were not! they will be up for it, we wont! they will score a wonder goal, we wont! they are crunts, were not! hate this game!

jacko-arsnl2

Post by jacko-arsnl2 »

We need to stop bale shooting, have someone man marking him the whole game like kos, Utd do it quite a bit, they use Jones to man mark a player the whole game

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

jacko-arsnl2 wrote:We need to stop bale shooting, have someone man marking him the whole game like kos, Utd do it quite a bit, they use Jones to man mark a player the whole game
AW doesn't do man-marking, it's against his footballing philosophy whatever the hell that is.... :shock: :banghead:

Shame we can't have AW kidnapped for a period of 3 weeks and let Bould take over the team. He'd have someone kicking apeboy out of the game till he runs home crying for his mummy and a banana. The he'd bring back the spirirt of Anfield May 89 and we'd beat Bayern 0-3....... :twisted: :barscarf:

Oh well at least AW won't get to compromise his footballing philosophy :oops: :cry:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:I have to disagree with the previous post. Bale is no Messi or Ronaldo but basically he is winning matches on his own.

It will be 2-1 The Spuds on Sunday. That will be an insurmountable 7 point gap. A draw the best we can get.
I think we were incredibly lucky last season to finish above Spurs but our luck will not last this year.
They have not lost in the league for three months!
It wasn't luc.
They beat the Geordies the week after twitchy's court case so it wasn't that either.

The England job specualtion contributed to it but the effect of the 5-2 was underestimated by twitchy and all his bum chums in the press.

You are possibly 12pts away from you biggest rivals for the first time in 17yrs and you throw it all away and instead of your manager motivating you out of the 'loser' mentality, he is too busy crying that he's lost the England job to Hodgson. :oops:

AW is going to have exactly the same problem if we get done in a bad way. We could plummet down the table. :shock:

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

I think regardless of our views on the GIC and the board this is one game we all HAVE to come together for- losing to chimp features and the knuckle draggers at Shite Hart Lane is not an option.

They are being carried by Bale- they dont have a top quality 20 goal a season striker so he is doing all the work for them. The sensible approach would be to use a man marker but seeing as this is beyond the coach of the decade we'll need Jack to put in some robust tackles early doors.

I think we've got a shot at them- any time I have seen them on the TV they have not impressed- we may be weaker than last year but I think they are too and it shows. If they had been playing as well as they were last year at this point they would have been sailing off into the distance by now. The fact that they have not and the Fat Spanish Waiter is making a crunt of it at the Chavs means we have an outside chance to grab 3rd and do a glorious job of papering over the cracks once again.

I think we'll at the very least get a draw.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Wengerball wrote:I think regardless of our views on the GIC and the board this is one game we all HAVE to come together for- losing to chimp features and the knuckle draggers at Shite Hart Lane is not an option.

They are being carried by Bale- they dont have a top quality 20 goal a season striker so he is doing all the work for them. The sensible approach would be to use a man marker but seeing as this is beyond the coach of the decade we'll need Jack to put in some robust tackles early doors.

I think we've got a shot at them- any time I have seen them on the TV they have not impressed- we may be weaker than last year but I think they are too and it shows. If they had been playing as well as they were last year at this point they would have been sailing off into the distance by now. The fact that they have not and the Fat Spanish Waiter is making a crunt of it at the Chavs means we have an outside chance to grab 3rd and do a glorious job of papering over the cracks once again.

I think we'll at the very least get a draw.
If they all turn up with Jack and Carl' mentality of gooners not wanting to lose then we have a chance but can you really see Cazorla,Poldi or Giroud getting into the rivalry of a derby and getting stuck in.

Mikael might because he's been in some serious derbies Celtic/Rangers, and the dippers derby so he knows what it's about but the rest of them I can't see it.

Hopefully sideways Parker or Greedy get too carried away with the atmosphere and Prattenburg sends them off.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

not sure if you always want your attacking players caught up in the derby atmosphere?
I want Santi to enjoy himself and Poldi to be a cool, calm heartless assassain.

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

The players owe us a very big performance on sunday,we must get something,come on you Gunners do not let us down. :box:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

highburyJD wrote:not sure if you always want your attacking players caught up in the derby atmosphere?
I want Santi to enjoy himself and Poldi to be a cool, calm heartless assassain.
TH14 and Bobby Pires got into the derby spirit in the right way. Being wound up doesn't necessarily mean getting yourselves sent off. It's being first for every ball, not shirking in the tackle wether making one or being on the end of one unless it get's one of theirs sent off :twisted:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Saw enough last night to believe we can score there but am in no way confident they will score less. Think it's a day for Theo and Pod rather than Giroud. They messed up the offside on a few occasions so speed of mind and body is essential.
Every time I watch them I hate Bale more and more. What a conceited prick he is . I hate his celebrations, I hate his face, I hate the wanking over him by every media outlet...also what a knob Freund is , running onto the pitch after every goal..worse :censored: than Clive Allen.