sp*rs (a) match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: sp*rs (a) match thread

Post by wilko49er »

Mother in laws birthday and visit to pub for lunch planned. Cant believe i am thinking of going rather than watching the game ho hum.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Wilko 49er wrote:Mother in laws birthday and visit to pub for lunch planned. Cant believe i am thinking of going rather than watching the game ho hum.
Doesn't start till 4 pm. Do what you have to do and then watch the game. Come on, we may even scrape a point.

You never know.

gavbacon

Post by gavbacon »

Let's try and be positive.for ONE game eh lads?!Especially this one!

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

gavbacon wrote:Let's try and be positive.for ONE game eh lads?!Especially this one!
We may scrape a draw. That IS me being positive. :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I couldn't sleep last night due to the excitement of today's game.
I have now revised my prediction of a score draw, to a dramatic win for us.
Hoping this game will be remembered for a long time and I have a sneaky suspicion that Jenkinson will be our man of the match.
Whatever the outcome though, I'm going to really enjoy the build up to it.

C'mon you Gunners.

:barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

I hate NLD day :? just the thought of losing to these scummy bastards has me on edge all day :(

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

REB wrote:I hate NLD day :? just the thought of losing to these scummy bastards has me on edge all day :(
100% This !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stomach heaving dont know to watch match at home or head to pub. :rubchin:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

bricking it, gonna watch at Highbury Barn

goonerus28

Post by goonerus28 »

All I want is a win. We must beat the fckers at their shithole. It's Arsenal FC ffs. Truly great club.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I fucking hate Sunday 4pm kick offs, work tomorrow prevents over-indulgent drinking whether we win or lose :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Horrible horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach - if we lose this it will really fucking show where we are not only as a team but as a club - one that's happy to be second best in NL if it means balancing the books.

Just don't see us having the bottle to withstand a few periods of pressure - in reality we are bound to concede at least twice and proved that even a 3-goal lead against 10 men can be shaky earlier this season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:Horrible horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach - if we lose this it will really fucking show where we are not only as a team but as a club - one that's happy to be second best in NL if it means balancing the books.

Just don't see us having the bottle to withstand a few periods of pressure - in reality we are bound to concede at least twice and proved that even a 3-goal lead against 10 men can be shaky earlier this season.

+1

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

My feckin stomach is like a spin dryer that keeps starting and stopping and is full of empty beer cans and bottles....THAT Queasy fecking feeling... :( :banghead:

If any one of our players does not turn up for this game...I will never forgive the *word censored*/s.

Above ALL Other Games This is a MUST Win...no faffing about, or pussyfuckinfooting mr nice good feckin manners, NO blurring around the edges...You go out there and Destroy the opposition by Any means necessary WIN and come off at the end totally beyond exhausted, head held hide and Victorious...Leaving EVERYTHING on the Pitch. End Fucking Of Story. :box: :box: :box: :box: :barscarf:

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Feel like the stars have aligned somewhat for Spurs in the recent weeks, they've just been getting all the luck, all their last minute shots are going in, all the one on ones with their keeper are getting saved (etc).

I dreamt that we won last night, however, and I have not dreamed about football since I was a wee lad.