RVP right to go

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

RVP right to go

Post by Nos89 »

As we draw into the last third of the season, as much as I hate to admit it he was right to leave in the summer. He's scored as many goals this season as last but look at the difference it makes when you have a manager that hates coming second, and defenders that can defend.
In my opinion we have a better midfield than Man Utd, yet even if we still had RVP in the team we would not be 9 points clear. Now that is the hardest part to accept.

Our midfield Arteta, Wilshire, Carzola
Utd midfield Carrick, Giggs, Young

markyp

Re: RVP right to go

Post by markyp »

we could have messi,ronaldo and any fucker you like in our team but with no organisation you arent gonna win anything,tell that to lord wenker,regards RVP he was right to move,afterall why stay at a club where you arent gonna win any silverware,no brainer really,good luck to him,looks like its on the cards and more importantly will make wenker look like a prize vagina for selling him :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There are clubs (Prem) that have lesser talented players than those in our squad, who play better as a team, which also allows for those more talented individuals to 'express' their talents within the team construct...Why?...Because they have a manager/Coach who is hip to those strange things called tactics and organisation...unlike Inspector Clueless who rules our team and club with an iron hand...and is nothing more than an egotistical despot...who needs a good Whooops! Upside the Head...

FACT.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Course he was right to go, anyone with a brain knew that last summer. Still could have gone about it better, that statement was a pretty scummy move.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

RVP is playing with a team who are managed by a serial winner.It must be great to play for a manager who will not accept even 2nd place.To get the hairdryer treatment at half time when your team is playing bad.Unlike Clueless who pats his players on the head for finishing 4th. If Giggs and Scholes were Arsenal players they would have been shown the door 6 years ago.And there is no way Fergie would put up with crocks Diaby Rosicky and Gibbs.RVP left an idiot to join a genius

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really don't think this needs another thread - it's just rehashing old opinions and basically re-opening old wounds that are on display in the van Judas thread amongst others.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Regardless of wether he was right or not, he's a backstabbing *word censored* for joining them. He was at the club when rooney fucked us over by diving twice, once in 04/05 and again in 09/10, now he's sucking him off. how about how ferdinand pole-axed ljungberg when he was one-on-one with the goalie that day at OT and should have been given a red for it? van backstab also sucking ferditwat off now. stabbed all of us in the back, fuck him.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sutch wrote:Regardless of wether he was right or not, he's a backstabbing *word censored* for joining them. He was at the club when rooney fucked us over by diving twice, once in 04/05 and again in 09/10, now he's sucking him off. how about how ferdinand pole-axed ljungberg when he was one-on-one with the goalie that day at OT and should have been given a red for it? van backstab also sucking ferditwat off now. stabbed all of us in the back, fuck him.

Spot on.Fair enough he wanted to leave,but i will never ever accept him signing for that shower of subhuman fuckers.As pointed out above he was here when those events happened and he claimed he was a gooner :roll: Jvp in my eyes is just a lowlife scum wanker like the rest of them at that club :evil: The two above mentioned are *word censored* of the highest order :evil: and they also hero worship a guy who shagged his own brothers wife at that club :evil: shower of dirty scum bastards.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Whether he was right to go to them or not is only about what was right for him. This urge a few people have to somehow "respect" him for it I'll never understand. He's a JudasCunt end of.

To address some of the points about us and the filth; As said above, it's not just down to the players. It's the fact their manager is a winner at all costs and make decisions on a yearly, monthly, daily and minute by minute basis for the good of the footballing team. Our manager is too involved in the finances of the club and let's this overly influence his role as manager of a footballing team. Their manager has a grasp of strategy and tactics. Our manager simply doesn't. Their manager is a pragmatist. Our manager is a deluded dreamer. Their manager is a cúnt. Our manager is... becoming very unpopular. :wink:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

he was right to leave, he wasn't right to go to them.

juventus are strolling Serie A, he could have gone there and still maintained a semi-positive relationship with the club. he chose to go to man u and as a result tarnished everything he did here, everything he said, all his apparent support of arsenal. if he was truly arsenal, he would never have gone there.

so like i said he was right to leave, but he's still a c/unt to me. i am admittedly less bitter about it now than i was in august though.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I think it's fair to say that most neutrals would agree that Van Persie made the right decision.

The fact is, he left a club that wins nothing and is obsessed with 4th place and joined a club where (a) he's earning a shit load of money, (b) he's sat 12pts clear in the league with 11 games to play, (c) they're still on for the treble and (d) he's an integral part of their team and looks very happy with life :?

Only gooners would throw a spanner in the works of what appears a perfect move by claiming he's lost our respect. It's a valid point, but like Rooney and Everton, I'd imagine he can live with that if it means fulfilling his footballing ambitions.

I must admit it gets under my skin when I see him in that United shirt, but I'm mainly just disillusioned with our spineless club for allowing such a transfer to happen :roll: - and when you consider the fee we got for him won't cover the amount we'll miss out on if we fail to finish top 4, then it'll look an even worse decision if we don't qualify :oops:

Soul of mischief

Post by Soul of mischief »

I think he's a proper judas, money grabbing arsehole. But I recently read an interview with Charlie George where he said that he wouldn't have minded playing for they tiny Tots, when it was clear that him and Bertie Mee couldn't sort their differences and he was going to leave. He said he hated them as an Arsenal supporter, but as a player it was just any other club. Thank god he went to Derby in the end, but, even the first king of Highbury, it makes you wonder...

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

If he wanted to go to win things, he did the right thing going.

I find it astonishing that people lay into RVP for leaving and then, in almost the same breath, start moaning about how crap Wenger and the board are!!! Look closely, you will find there is a link there.

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Who here wouldn't leave their job for double the wages, to work for a better boss, with better colleagues?

Stop letting it eat you up. FOOTBALL HAS NO LOYALTY.

Anybody think Sol Campbell was a Judas c*@? or did we all join in with the "Double, Double, Double" song because he proved that he was vindicated in leaving (even if it was the 4 by 2's).

Good luck to RVP. A great player for us (when fit - he didn't chose not to be, unlike Diaby etc) & now has the chance to win what his talent deserves.

As for everything else in life, football or not, I BLAME WENGER

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RVP was right to go, there's no two ways about it