Munich away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

How many goals will we lose by. EG if you think we will lose 6-2 vote 4.

15%
10%
31%
26%
5%
5%
7+
8%

Total votes: 39

Chippy

Munich away match thread

Post by Chippy »

A week and a half before the coup de grace. :(

BTW ummed and ahhed about whether to make the other thread the match thread but there was a lot of other stuff on there and we have 10 days to fill this one.

markyp

Re: Munich away match thread

Post by markyp »

i hope we get totally mullered so that Wenker looks like an even bigger ladies part than he already is,im done with his shit,i no longer care this season if we lose draw or the team bus drives off a cliff,i cant believe i even feel that way,but this season has been a shit season too far. :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

Forfeit this shit.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

You poor bastards going to this.

Munich's a fine city but I'd rather enjoy it without needing to go through the unnecessary pain of this shitey competition. Out of the tie after 20 mins of the first leg. Hope for the fans sake they at least give you a half decent performance and not a six goal mauling

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

SteveO 35 wrote:You poor bastards going to this.

Munich's a fine city but I'd rather enjoy it without needing to go through the unnecessary pain of this shitey competition. Out of the tie after 20 mins of the first leg. Hope for the fans sake they at least give you a half decent performance and not a six goal mauling
I don't know what's "poor bastards" about it.... I was at Bradford earlier this season and felt like a poor bastard. And those poor sods that were at WHL today putting up with all sorts of abuse and watching a pretty shite performance, they were poor bastards. And those who were at Old Trafford this season....or last.

But for those of us who are going to Munich we at least already know that our enjoyment is unlikely to come from the pitch....so looking forward very much to a good sing song and banter in the beer kellers etc and a great atmosphere in one of the best stadiums in Europe. And if an absolute miracle does happen, then the chance of saying "we were there".

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Last CL game for a while.... 4-0 home win, probably with their reserves.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I have said it before and will say it again just enjoy the quality beer and our last night in Champ League football for a season at least. I will miss it but it did get very very predictable in the end.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

I think and actually hope/want/will laugh at a 5-0 drubbing.... ok then make it 6.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:I have said it before and will say it again just enjoy the quality beer and our last night in Champ League football for a season at least. I will miss it but it did get very very predictable in the end.
The problem - and it is a Biggie - Is that Inspector Clueless will still be in charge next season...and we will have slipped further down the prem Table in the 2013 - 14 season, so would reckon it'll be at least 2 - 4(*) seasons before we can even consider dreaming about CL football again.

(*) It'll take the new incoming manager at least a season or two to get us back where we should be....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We will win but still go out and Wenger will tell us we're on the verge of greatness :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

and the sheep will lap it up

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

When we lose this, we'll have lost 4 of the last 5 in all competitions. Just what you need at the business end of the season!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:We will win but still go out and Wenger will tell us we're on the verge of greatness :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

and the sheep will lap it up

Be careful what you want

Look at Portsmouth

If you told chelsea and man city to repay all their debts tomorrow...

Just wait, Wenger will turn it round...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Rob Admin wrote:I think and actually hope/want/will laugh at a 5-0 drubbing.... ok then make it 6.
The only time this season (possibly ever!) that I can honestly say that I 100% felt like that was when we were 0-2 at home to Liverpool. We were at the game, but there was still a big part of me that thought that if we were going to lose anyway then we may as well get hammered. That said, when we did pull one back then I found it impossible not to want us to get something out of the game....

So I can understand how people might retrospectively see the medium/long term benefits of a defeat - especially a heavy one (the 8-2 springs to mind as a good example) - it's very hard to understand how you would actually want Arsenal to lose 5-0 before the game even kicks off....

EC3

Post by EC3 »

Rob Admin wrote:I think and actually hope/want/will laugh at a 5-0 drubbing.... ok then make it 6.
Uncrediable statement to make.

I'm not happy with things as they are, but to want my team to get a hiding out in Germany, or anywhere, i can't get my head round.

There are obviously players not up to the standard required if Arsenal are going to challenge and win top honours, but any player who wears that red jersey will get my support over 90 minutes.

Wanting Arsenal to lose is an absolute no no for me.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

I reckon Bayern will win 2-0 or 3-0.

They could score more but they will probably 'declare' and reserve energy for when they play better teams.

I heard someone say the other day, 'you never know, miracles happen!'. Honestly, quite sad.