Champions League and Europa Cup Games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BIG RADDY

Champions League and Europa Cup Games

Post by BIG RADDY »

At 7.45 tonight the world will stand still (according to the special one) well there won't be in my house.
Why the feck is everyone going overboard about this game tonight?
Yes I will be watching it but I'll being laying on my sofa with a few beers cheering on Madrid (oh how us gooners hate the mancs).
My beef is and have always has been that Arsenal didn't get the credit they deserved when we beat the Gallacticos in 2006.
Yes I was there when Titi hit the onion bag. But then they had Carlos,Figo,Raul,Zidane,Robinho,Ronaldo oh yes and golden balls. All they have now is the gypsy Ronaldo, ok a few others but not the team that THE MIGHTY ARSENAL beat

MK Gould

Re: Why All The Fuss?????????

Post by MK Gould »

I've decided to cheer myself up tonight by going along with a Luton supporting mate of mine to their game at Nuneaton....

I've seen them beat us in the League Cup Final, and was there when we lost a cup replay (0-3?) on their plastic (or was it rubber??) pitch. So with all our woes about getting (or about to anyway) knocked out of the CL by Bayern, or finishing below our rivals for the first time in my kids living memory, or finishing 5th in the Premier League and "only" qualifying for the Europa League....it'll be a an absolute pleasure being with other footie fans who have a tad more to be p*ss*d off about than us :barscarf: !

OoohToBeAGooner

Post by OoohToBeAGooner »

It's all about Shakhtar vs Dortmund

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

MK Gould wrote:I've decided to cheer myself up tonight by going along with a Luton supporting mate of mine to their game at Nuneaton....

I've seen them beat us in the League Cup Final, and was there when we lost a cup replay (0-3?) on their plastic (or was it rubber??) pitch. So with all our woes about getting (or about to anyway) knocked out of the CL by Bayern, or finishing below our rivals for the first time in my kids living memory, or finishing 5th in the Premier League and "only" qualifying for the Europa League....it'll be a an absolute pleasure being with other footie fans who have a tad more to be p*ss*d off about than us :barscarf: !
The victims of the non league been to a few games of there's give them credit they still get 6,000 every home game and a good away following although they do like a tear up . :box:

Post by 1989 »

BIG RADDY wrote:At 7.45 tonight the world will stand still (according to the special one) well there won't be in my house.
Why the feck is everyone going overboard about this game tonight?
Yes I will be watching it but I'll being laying on my sofa with a few beers cheering on Madrid (oh how us gooners hate the mancs).
My beef is and have always has been that Arsenal didn't get the credit they deserved when we beat the Gallacticos in 2006.
Yes I was there when Titi hit the onion bag. But then they had Carlos,Figo,Raul,Zidane,Robinho,Ronaldo oh yes and golden balls. All they have now is the gypsy Ronaldo, ok a few others but not the team that THE MIGHTY ARSENAL beat
Ramos? Alonso? Ozil? Benzema? Kaka? Higuain? Di Maria? Pepe? Marcelo?

markyp

Post by markyp »

anyone who thinks this game isnt a big deal must be slightly deranged,it doesnt get any better,this is what the champions league is all about,its just a shame it isnt us getting all the attention for all the right reasons these days,A rugby score in munich next week will firmly cement us as this seasons champions league comedy act :banghead:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Rooney dropped he's off this summer

Bale at OT tonight watching his new team.But which one?

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

swimmer1 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:I've decided to cheer myself up tonight by going along with a Luton supporting mate of mine to their game at Nuneaton....

The victims of the non league been to a few games of there's give them credit they still get 6,000 every home game and a good away following although they do like a tear up . :box:
Tell me about it. It kicked off big style when Looton came to Lincoln this season. Chairs and glasses flying all over the place. Women and young kids caught up in it, several of them got injured.

I would slag them off but Lincoln are as fucking bad. Got more current banning orders on the go than fans.

Look out for Looton's Janos Kovas - he makes Mertesackershit look cultured.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Adrian Chiles in HD should be illegal

kite

Post by kite »

donaldo wrote:Rooney dropped he's off this summer

Err... who takes Rooney? :? :lol:
Rooney + money for Ronaldo? :shock: I hope not.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

LDB wrote:Adrian Chiles in HD should be illegal
I think Gareth Southgate's nose in 3d actually is illegal.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

kite wrote:
donaldo wrote:Rooney dropped he's off this summer

Err... who takes Rooney? :? :lol:
Rooney + money for Ronaldo? :shock: I hope not.
I can def see them tying to bring Ronaldo back, whether or not Grannybandit's used to fund it.

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

If United go out tonight it means we are the last English team left in the CL. Another trophy for our cabinet. :barscarf:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Andy Townsend thinks Ronaldo is a top, top player. Cheers Andy.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Andy Townsend thinks Ronaldo is a top, top player. Cheers Andy.

Had a chuckle myself at that comment by andy that's why I could never be a commentator I would nt be any good at stating the fucking obvious