Swansea away.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bang goes the 0-0 draw

Re: Swansea away.

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

northbank123 wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I read somewhere that Michu had a little run-in with Fabianski when the latter ran to celebrate our second goal with the team. Anyone see it?
http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... &p=1704055
Reading that has really annoyed me. Although it has not changed my perception of Swansea fans and moreover residents as scummy pikey Jack bastards, the first 10 or so comments (didn't read any more) were all very rational on it and it has got me very confused. My particular favourite was "Tremmel prayed to Allah when we scored at the Emirates. Just saying like". :lol:
Should have carried on reading " F*ck Arsenal, never thought I'd say this, but I now hate them. Only two teams I hate, United and the Gooners.

Hope Spurs finish above them and win the Europa League. Tremmel's reaction I saw no wrong in, Fabianski's was well out of order. Still pi**es me off after each of those two goals we scored against them at the Emirates the cameras decided to show Wenger in the possible event of an angry reaction, rather than our bench and team celebrating"

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I read somewhere that Michu had a little run-in with Fabianski when the latter ran to celebrate our second goal with the team. Anyone see it?
http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... &p=1704055
Reading that has really annoyed me. Although it has not changed my perception of Swansea fans and moreover residents as scummy pikey Jack bastards, the first 10 or so comments (didn't read any more) were all very rational on it and it has got me very confused. My particular favourite was "Tremmel prayed to Allah when we scored at the Emirates. Just saying like". :lol:
Should have carried on reading " F*ck Arsenal, never thought I'd say this, but I now hate them. Only two teams I hate, United and the Gooners.

Hope Spurs finish above them and win the Europa League. Tremmel's reaction I saw no wrong in, Fabianski's was well out of order. Still pi**es me off after each of those two goals we scored against them at the Emirates the cameras decided to show Wenger in the possible event of an angry reaction, rather than our bench and team celebrating"
The world makes sense again! Will always get a few bitter pricks, there's not even a molehill to make a mountain out of. Had they actually been a bigger club and had Michu not been the second coming of Jesus there may have been a fuss about his reaction to a perfectly legitimate celebration given the context. And interesting that he hates United given that about 75% of Swansea fans also 'support' United to the extent that the club had to formally request that no Man United replica shirts were worn last season because it was so widespread.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Some weird stats (why do people not like stats by the way?)
Diaby won the ball back 6 times, more than anyone else
and apparently they completed more passes
even though the majority of the game was played in their areas

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

highburyJD wrote:Some weird stats (why do people not like stats by the way?)
Diaby won the ball back 6 times, more than anyone else
and apparently they completed more passes
even though the majority of the game was played in their areas
Because they're like bikinis - they show lots but not everything.

Don't know if it's the same this year but last year fat carthorse Ashley Williams was miles clear at the top of passes completed stats PL-wide, and I think Rangel was second. When they come up against a good team they force stupid passes between their back 5 and then end up having to hack the ball into touch or anywhere, happens really regularly. Whilst their commitment to playing football is admirable I really feel they'd benefit from learning when to clip a ball up the line or play channels sometime.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ONE LAST TIME! :banghead:

Stats are bollocks in football. They only quantify, NOT qualify. It's not about the number of passes, but the QUALITY of the passes.

Is a player with 200 completed sideways passes that travel 5 yards and have no impact on the game better than a player that zips in 35 passes but 4 of them are key passes that open up the defence and one of them leads to a goal? Is he bollocks. But the stats say he completed 200 passes and matey boy only completed 35. :roll:

Legohead had great passing stats but he was a shit player. His passes were mostly 5 yard nothing passes. His "pass completed" stats also included those shit hospital passes he panic-fired at team mates on a regular basis after he had been caught in posession. His team mate lunges in desperately, gets a toe on the shit pass (maybe getting kicked in the process) and yeehaw we got another "pass completed" stat. :roll:

Look at our current team. How many totally uneccessary passes across the back 4 and back and forward to the midfielders do we employ? The passing stats would tell you we play a beautiful passing game with millions of passes (if you let it). But we don't. We play Tippy Tappy Pass Pass that alot of the time goes fucking nowhere. :roll:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

wait, somebody's using bikinis as a simile for a bad thing
that's sick dude

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

highburyJD wrote:wait, somebody's using bikinis as a simile for a bad thing
that's sick dude
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Quality JD. 8) :lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It's all about context - you go on corkbarry's thread and tell me that bikinis are a good thing when you've got those lovely mammaries wobbling about on your screen!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

True. And some people just don't look good in a bikini. Namely fat birds and men!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:True. And some people just don't look good in a bikini. Namely fat birds and men!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
You've obviously never been to Thailand :shock: :oops: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:True. And some people just don't look good in a bikini. Namely fat birds and men!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Didn't know I'd need one there mate. Thanks for the travel tip. AVOID THAILAND. or go for a sarong. :mrgreen:
:shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Top Londoner wrote:

Didn't know I'd need one there mate. Thanks for the travel tip. AVOID THAILAND. or go for a sarong. :mrgreen:
:lol:

What I was trying to say (and obviously to subtly) was that I have been to Thailand and you can't tell the women form the men in bikinis.........lady boys :roll: .........fukin hell this is hard work :? :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Top Londoner wrote:

What I was trying to say (and obviously to subtly) was that I have been to Thailand and you can't tell the women form the men in bikinis.........lady boys :roll: .........fukin hell this is hard work :? :lol:

Freudian slip, right?

:shock: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Top Londoner wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:

Freudian slip, right?

:shock: :lol: :lol:
This fuckin dysleiax :oops: :lol:

Two dyslexic guys in a flat
One says to the other "can you smell gas?"
The other one replies "fuck off! I can't even smell my own name"

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

:lol: :lol:

That's more like it lefty.

:barscarf: