O'Neill and Warnock leave

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

O'Neill and Warnock leave

Post by mcdowell42 »

Oneill has left Sunderland not sure if he was sacked or he quit.always thought he was overated.SSN say he was sacked

Pierre32

Re: Martin o Neil leaves Sunderland

Post by Pierre32 »

Really look forward to hearing the views of safc on here.

Always talks a good game, a real footie fan.

I hope they stay up = a proper club with great stadium...always enjoy my trip up there.

Rosie_titters

Re: Martin O'Neill leaves Sunderland

Post by Rosie_titters »

always been a bit overrated to me,

stevedagooner

Post by stevedagooner »

How desperate is that? I honestly thought Sunderland were a well run club. They won't find much better.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Given the boot, with 7 to go very strange.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Like to know the inside story.

Post by 1989 »

Really hope Mackems stay up, while Stoke go down.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Bit over the top, sacking managers is totally out of control nowadays, wouldn't they have been better off giving him a chance till the end of the season? I'll bet they haven't even though of a replacement before they acted? :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Hope the mackems stay up but being honest I have my doubts that they will - personally I dont view sacking o'neill as one bit harsh as he has had plenty of time to change their fortunes but seems unable to do so. He has been financially backed (fletcher,graham,o'shea and johnson to name a few) and they are certainly no better than they were before he took over :roll: Supporting o'neill cos he was a mackem himself is all well and good but sentimentality has no place in the current football climate and the mackems are simply nowhere near good enough and sadly I think their lack of goals will see them relegated

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yup, teams that really struggle to score goals go down. and now Fletcher is out, I think they are almost certain to go.
O'Neill spent at least 30m this season, and they are shite! How can he spend that kind of money and have just one decent striker at the club? Madness. You could see against United that some players really aren't trying very hard (Sessignon for instance).....oh, a temperamental Frenchman, how unusual! But O'Neills fabled man management skills are obviously not working. He had to be sacked, they've given themselves the tiniest chance by sacking him.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Always thought he was over rated seemed to only buy British players and for stupid prices ,did alright at Celtic bu ou would expect that where at the time only 2 teams,was shit at villa ,I suppose record at Leicester was decent enough .

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Timing is brave but then again on current form he's taking them down so just because somebody else isn't guaranteed to keep them up I don't disagree with it.

If it was any manager other than Martin O'Neill people wouldn't bat an eyelid. He's done a poor job at Sunderland and things have got steadily worse. As for his past record he did a good job at Leicester and at Celtic (although take anything in that tinpot league with a huge dose of salt) but imo what he did at Villa was disgusting - demanded money to spend, threw stupid transfer fees and wages at crap players and then when Lerner said they couldn't continue to do so he walked away leaving them in the shit and having to sell their best players to finance his botched CL attempts.

Plus I find his constant whining to be highly dislikeable.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

northbank123 wrote: Plus I find his constant whining to be highly dislikeable.
This for me, although obviously because he's not foreign and manager of Arsenal the media rarely pick up on it. Same for pubis, steve bruce, fat slob et al.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Have to feel for the Mackems.

Di Canio rides to the rescue as Sunderland gamble to secure Premier League future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nager.html

The circus just came to town.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Top Londoner wrote:Have to feel for the Mackems.

Di Canio rides to the rescue as Sunderland gamble to secure Premier League future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nager.html

The circus just came to town.
Dai Miliband has resigned as a non-executive director because of Paulo Di Canio's fascist statements in the past.