Where Do You Think We Will Finish???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Where Will We Finish This Season?

3rd
21%
4th
50%
5th
26%
6th
3%

Total votes: 58

gavbacon

Where will we finish? Spurs 3rd Arsenal 4th Chelsea 5th?

Post by gavbacon »

4 points behind, 12 games to go...

At what point do you think we'll overtake the spuds? How nice it would be if it was March 3rd!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... l/fixtures

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... r/fixtures

gavbacon

Finishing 3rd! ...or maybe just wishful thinking!

Post by gavbacon »

I think we've actually got a really good chance of finishing 3rd again, we're only 2 points short of where we were after 26 games last year and I'd say we've got a slightly easier run in.

What do you think the final scores on the doors will be?!

Man U 92
Man City 84
Arsenal 73 - Above on goal difference
Chelsea 73
Spuds 71

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... l/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... r/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... a/fixtures

kite

Re: Finishing 3rd! ...or maybe just wishful thinking!

Post by kite »

Still a lot of tricky games left imo.
Tottenham(a), Everton(h), Swansea(a), West Brom(a), Manchester United(h) and I wouldn't necessarily want to play 2 of my last 3 games against teams which might fight afainst relegation till the very end. Plus Newcastle away as last game might be ugly, too.
So I don't really think it's an easy run in and 29 points out of those games would be massive IMO

DB10GOONER

Re: Overtake the spuds? - Where will we finish?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Still think we will get 4th place tbh. The Scum in particular are punching above their weight and are a lesser team than last year.

I've said it for years, we will probably finish 4th, but not because we are so good, but rather because most of the teams around us are that bit shitter than us. That is the critical thing for me. Sure, we have a (nowdays) shit manager that doesn't do tactics, but man for man we have a better team than Everton, the Scum, Liverpool, Swansea and West Brom. Out of those teams Everton and the Scum will push us but they don't have the quality to go the distance.

4th place mediocrity will be all ours again! It's like a trophy I tell ya!! :barscarf:

:suicide:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It depends if we get a run of form together. If we do then you'd expect us to win all those home games except United, and away games like West Brom, Fulham and QPR are the type that you win when you're on form. But it's far from beyond our capabilities to have a disastrous run and struggle to buy a win.

Can see Spurs dropping loads of points next 8 games, it's that time of the season again. Don't for a minute think this team has the bottle to go and win at WHL though, we'd have to be four goals up playing against 8 men for the match to be over.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

4th place and groundhog day against next season . . . . . . . and on and on it fucking goes :x

Post by 1989 »

Unless Bale gets injured or sussed as in fact being a monkey and therefore belonging to a zoo, I don't think we'll finish above the scum this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:Unless Bale gets injured or sussed as in fact being a monkey and therefore belonging to a zoo, I don't think we'll finish above the scum this season.
Bale is the single most over-rated player in world football, mate. Does fucking nothing for 4 or 5 games, has a blinder for 1 or 2 games, gets called "in the Messi bracket" by Chris "Look at me, Daddy!" Kamara and then promptly does fuck all for another 3 or 4 games. He also never turns up against us.

Never in the history of humanity has a monkey-featured arsehole been so over-rated. :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:Unless Bale gets injured or sussed as in fact being a monkey and therefore belonging to a zoo, I don't think we'll finish above the scum this season.
Bale is the single most over-rated player in world football, mate. Does fucking nothing for 4 or 5 games, has a blinder for 1 or 2 games, gets called "in the Messi bracket" by Chris "Look at me, Daddy!" Kamara and then promptly does fuck all for another 3 or 4 games. He also never turns up against us.

Never in the history of humanity has a monkey-featured arsehole been so over-rated. :lol:
Agreed. The most over-rated monkey since Clyde (who just used to stick his arm out) in the Any which way but loose films :banghead: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I agree with much of that DB but the fact is that we live in an age where people believe the hype that they are being fed in the media - against the bigger clubs bale won't be such a factor but the smaller clubs are afraid of him and back off him and that hesitation is all the monkey c**t needs to race by them. Last Saturday I thought he was average for most of the game but he ended up with 2 goals and he should have had at least 1 other goal and there is no doubt that momentum is very much with him at the mo.

We will not finish ahead of the scum this season UNLESS monkey boy gets injured - yes they are a one man team but so were we last season and in a medicre league that makes a difference :( Man for man we have a better team but our team is so inconsistent that you really cannot depend on them to win in any game regardless of how good or shite the opposition are :roll: :oops: Another key difference for me is that this season when the scum have played poorly they have managed to scrape at least a draw whilst with us a poor performance usually equals zero points :roll:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

You should have a poll on it.

Rather like this one off pravda.

http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum

Fans forum poll
Which of the following scenarios is preferable?

A top-four finish but no trophy
A trophy but no top-four finish

:cussing:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I saw this earlier, and had to read it.
I don't trawl the their blogs, it was a link on newsnow arsenal

A quick and easy guide to how Tottenham Hotspur can claim fourth place.

http://www.tothelaneandback.com/spurs/2 ... im-fo.html

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I agree with much of that DB but the fact is that we live in an age where people believe the hype that they are being fed in the media - against the bigger clubs bale won't be such a factor but the smaller clubs are afraid of him and back off him and that hesitation is all the monkey c**t needs to race by them. Last Saturday I thought he was average for most of the game but he ended up with 2 goals and he should have had at least 1 other goal and there is no doubt that momentum is very much with him at the mo.

We will not finish ahead of the scum this season UNLESS monkey boy gets injured - yes they are a one man team but so were we last season and in a medicre league that makes a difference :( Man for man we have a better team but our team is so inconsistent that you really cannot depend on them to win in any game regardless of how good or shite the opposition are :roll: :oops: Another key difference for me is that this season when the scum have played poorly they have managed to scrape at least a draw whilst with us a poor performance usually equals zero points :roll:
Absolutely agree 100% about our inconsistancy augie. Ya just never know which Arsenal will turn up. :banghead:

But I also think Monkey-Features' inconsistancy will be a deciding factor for them. If he was putting in a top performance every game I'd agree they would overtake us (or at least come very close) but he doesn't, and with VanDerFart and Modric gone they over rely on Monkey-Features to deliver, which he only does 1 game out of 5.

markyp

Post by markyp »

i think our inconsistencies will rear their ugly head again in the run in,plus i think spuds will beat us at the lane anyway,can you honestly see our comedy defence stopping bale at the moment??our time as champs league perennials is done for now,5th or 6th for us im pretty sure :(

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Who cares anymore, if we do it will be seen as a vindication of the asset stripping way the club is run. I don't want to finish below the c**ts but if it means things finally change in the club running then good.

I said 6th back in December and I still think we will finish 6th. The only thing that might change would be Everton going on a slump of losing instead of their millionth drawn game.

FWIW my top 6

1.Rapist FC
2.Moneybags Mancs
3.Scum/Chavs
4.Chavs/Scum
5.Everton
6.Us

Not sure about 3rd/4th because I think Ape boy in the form he'is in will get them past the chavs but if he's injured then they'll drag themselves just over the line to 4th.

Would love a good draw and a Wembley final because anything can happen in a final as the chavs and Birmingham showed. If we bag the FA cup, I won't give a flying if we finish 7th.