NEWCASTLE AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Brady's left peg

Re: NEWCASTLE AWAY

Post by Brady's left peg »

Chippy wrote:Ahem, this thread was meant to be about the barcodes game! :shock: :wink:
Getting back to that game.......... I think we may of stood a better chance if they were still facing relegation an early goal then would of heaped the pressure on them, as it is they can play without a care in the world and I fear that may not be a good thing for us. Either way we will need goals, at least two and none of this dropping deep bollocks once we have fucking scored! :barscarf:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

DB10GOONER wrote:You know, I have a fucked up theory about this. I think we will destroy the Toon. Why? Because it's not a truly big event, it's not a cup final, or a league winning game. It's like our mindset is set to "second tier". Wenger has mollycoddled and pampered these players to the extent that they are incapable of winning anything like a cup or a league, but can "step up" ( :lol: ) and deliver to a limited degree when it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things. Look how we came out of the blocks against Wigan, all guns blazing. If we'd done that against Brum we'd have won the WhateverItsCalled Cup.

Win a cup final? No way. Destroy a team that just barely escaped relegation and thus grab that oh so important 4th place spot? Christ Theo just hit a 30 yard volley and that makes it 5-0!!

We are the ultimate example of the big fish in the small pond. :(
Thought I.was slaughtered a few weeks ago for making precisekf this point...?
Who knows, I'm savagely hungover, at least the sun is out at last.
Need two solid days of distraction, can feel the PMT kicking in already...

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Predicted earlier but changed my mind.....7-0 to The Arsenal (ok ok they might get one :wink: ) :barscarf:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

How serious will NC take the game :?: What is your track record at NC :?:
Wish you well that you make...altough maybe for a termination of Wenger it would be better if you miss the virtual trophy :?: :!:

Cheers,
Thomas

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

we normally draw

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

highburyJD wrote:we normally draw
Hmm...would not be good...I think Tottenham will beat Sunderland ...

gunnerdaz

Post by gunnerdaz »

Tomáš wrote:How serious will NC take the game :?: What is your track record at NC :?:
Wish you well that you make...altough maybe for a termination of Wenger it would be better if you miss the virtual trophy :?: :!:

Cheers,
Thomas

The problem is he wont go even if we don't win the fourth place trophy, and id never want them lot finishing above us.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Tomáš wrote:How serious will NC take the game :?: What is your track record at NC :?:
or a termination of Wenger
yes please 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I have a king size box of tissues ready for Wenger's "greatest ever achievement"

If the fans were happy singing There's Only One Arsene Wenger after swatting mighty Wigan then a famous victory at St James's must surely be the stuff that contract extension dreams are made of

Patrick Barclay's Monday ramblings will be a joy to behold when all of us ignorant morons are firmly put in our place.

ONE ARSENE WENGER.....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

highburyJD wrote:we normally draw
5 -5 anyone? :roll:

If the scum finish above us THAT will cause a lot (more) dissatisfaction and anger towards wenker, more that he has ever faced before.

jeeezusss it makes me feel sick just to think they might. :x

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

F*cking so hope we lose or draw and miss out on the goddam 4th place 'trophy'. Wenger can shove that trophy up his Arse.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Wengerballs wrote:F*cking so hope we lose or draw and miss out on the goddam 4th place 'trophy'. Wenger can shove that trophy up his Arse.
I see your point completely but I can't agree with this way of thinking!

Do you honestly think if we finish 5th wenger will go? Of course he won't! All it means is we will have finished below the scum, have less money to spend on players and have less players to chose from to buy!

We are Stuck with wenger, no amount of protests trophies will change this iF you ask
Me!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Wengerballs wrote:F*cking so hope we lose or draw and miss out on the goddam 4th place 'trophy'. Wenger can shove that trophy up his Arse.
I would understand this if the team who could overtake us were anyone other than the scum. If they finish above us, the only people it will hurt will be us. The fans. Not the players, not the board and not Wenger.

My hatred for Middlesex Rovers comes before any feelings on Wenger.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

BournemouthRED wrote:

Do you honestly think if we finish 5th wenger will go? Of course he won't! All it means is we will have finished below the scum, have less money to spend on players and have less players to chose from to buy!

We are Stuck with wenger, no amount of protests trophies will change this iF you ask
Me!
Exactly. Would be an entirely valid debate if there was a strong chance Wenger would walk or be pushed if we finished 5th, but he won't. The hope is he'll go at the end of his contract but the board will never sack him so he'll stay as long as he wants. One 5th placed finish will just strengthen the resolve of many of his apologists - and we'll repeatedly hear how it's the first time without CL football in 16 years or whatever and that is truly phenomenal. We'll also hear how that record is only bettered by Real Madrid and United.

To me wanting us to finish below Spurs despite Wenger staying anyway is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BournemouthRED wrote:

Me!
This is the awful truth we Gooners are going to have to endure till he f*cks off, and that I fear may be another 3 - 5 years yet. Yes it IS that BAD! :cry: :banghead: :cry: :suicide: