Possible Tie-breaker for 3rd place..

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Tie-breaker for 3rd place..

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Hope it's a question about FFP, Wenger will beat Benitez to the buzzer every day :barscarf: :lol:
What has a Failing French Penis got to do with - oh, right.

:D :wink:
:lol:

A certain female french rapper might disagree :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

You could call the tie breaker a Virtual Cup Final :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

It's been confirmed if there is a playoff it will be at villa park on MAY 26TH an iconic date in our history

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

mcdowell42 wrote:It's been confirmed if there is a playoff it will be at villa park on MAY 26TH an iconic date in our history
damn, I'll be in the air. Gonna have to hedge against changing my flights - what/where are the odds on that game being played?

gunnerdaz

Post by gunnerdaz »

i dont think it will go to a play off, i think Chelsea will beat Everton.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Villa Park confirmed as the venue but I can safely say you won't have to change your flights it's not going to happen

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

mcdowell42 wrote:Villa Park confirmed as the venue but I can safely say you won't have to change your flights it's not going to happen
it's extremely unlikely - which makes it viable to insure against...

Macca

Post by Macca »

It should go down to head to head if all else fails...F*cking play off, money grabbing fixture it'll be, I won't even watch it, give it a few years and there will be a play off in the premiership for 4th, 5th and 6th!!!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Macca wrote:It should go down to head to head if all else fails...F*cking play off, money grabbing fixture it'll be, I won't even watch it, give it a few years and there will be a play off in the premiership for 4th, 5th and 6th!!!
Really? :shock:

You wouldn't watch the first ever Premier League play-off game? even if it's between Arsenal and Chelsea for a place in the champions league? :?

I can understand football fans not liking the idea of a play-off, but surely if you're team is in it, you'd want to watch it, wouldn't you?! - I'd definitely watch it!!!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I'd watch it certainly but only if we were involved. Wouldn't be too fussed if we lost though

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Not going to happen

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

g88ner wrote:
Macca wrote:It should go down to head to head if all else fails...F*cking play off, money grabbing fixture it'll be, I won't even watch it, give it a few years and there will be a play off in the premiership for 4th, 5th and 6th!!!
Really? :shock:

You wouldn't watch the first ever Premier League play-off game? even if it's between Arsenal and Chelsea for a place in the champions league? :?

I can understand football fans not liking the idea of a play-off, but surely if you're team is in it, you'd want to watch it, wouldn't you?! - I'd definitely watch it!!!
Up there with - I hope my team loses,
pretty hard to believe

Macca

Re: Possible Tie-breaker for 3rd place..

Post by Macca »

:lol:
I can see your point, now I'd never want Arsenal to lose and in hindsight I probably would watch it, but I just don't agree with playoffs, when I see in div 1, 2 etc a team in 3rd has 10+ over team in 6th and lose it doesn't seem right, and I suppose this is similar in my eyes, Chelski beat us twice?? I would put head to head before a play off...

markyp

Post by markyp »

im really not enjoying all this premature talk of a 3rd place play off,lets get the season finished in 4th before we jump the gun,people are talking like weve already done it,remember back to shite hart lane 87,the littlewoods cup semi,half time,the pa announcer was telling spuds fans about how to get tickets for the final,it inspired us to turn it around and win the tie.by talking of already of playing chavski we are fueling the spuds fire,i dont like it one bit,lets calm down and think about it if we get there :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:im really not enjoying all this premature talk of a 3rd place play off,lets get the season finished in 4th before we jump the gun,people are talking like weve already done it,remember back to shite hart lane 87,the littlewoods cup semi,half time,the pa announcer was telling spuds fans about how to get tickets for the final,it inspired us to turn it around and win the tie.by talking of already of playing chavski we are fueling the spuds fire,i dont like it one bit,lets calm down and think about it if we get there :shock:
I'm surprised that Wenger seemed so happy to talk about it. We're on a fantastic run of wins against mid-to-lower table opposition and they are pretty cack but Jesus there is still a fair chance we'll fuck it up, and I think Spurs will smash Sunderland too. Would have thought he would refused to have talked about it and insisted the side was concentrating on the last game.