Arshavin leaves

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DarylAFC

Arshavin leaves

Post by DarylAFC »

So Arshavin may retire having been played out of position and ruined him.

So...

same old same old with Podolski?

Herd

Re: Arshavin to retire / Groundhog day

Post by Herd »

Yes its groundhog day ,another pointless thread blaming Wenger for anything that ails the club !

It has already been established that he responsible for everything from Global Warming to why chewing gum loses it's flavour so no need for another post to this effect !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Clearly, being played out of position caused the fat Russian to eat lots of hamburgers and make fuck-all effort. I'll be delighted to see the back of him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Yes its groundhog day ,another pointless thread blaming Wenger for anything that ails the club !

It has already been established that he responsible for everything from Global Warming to why chewing gum loses it's flavour so no need for another post to this effect !
And he eats children according to SuperfanJD. :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh and good fucking riddance to Arshavings too, lazy crunt. If he took Glass Body Diaby with him it would be the best thing he did in his whole time at Arsenal. Obviously except for that time he ate 35 Big Macs in 8 minutes which, let's be honest, was pretty awesome.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wenger has never played him in his correct position and we all wonder why barring the first 3-4 months of his time at Arsenal we have never seen the best of Arshavin :banghead: All that said he does seem a lazy bastard and unable to motivate himself. Shame really he had all the right ability to be one of the best currently maybe it was his move to Arsene FC that screwed him up a move to another club prob would have worked out better for him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Wenger has never played him in his correct position and we all wonder why barring the first 3-4 months of his time at Arsenal we have never seen the best of Arshavin :banghead: All that said he does seem a lazy bastard and unable to motivate himself. Shame really he had all the right ability to be one of the best currently maybe it was his move to Arsene FC that screwed him up a move to another club prob would have worked out better for him
I agree totally that Arsene is partly to blame here. Arshavings very obviously had bags of ability and Wenger ruined him by playing him out of position. But for me that doesn't excuse Arshavings either. He is lazy. Many players have to adapt because their manager plays them in what isn't their best or favourite position but Arshavings basically said "fuck that, too much effort" and had a bit of a sulk down at KFC with Kolo Toure. The man had no grit. :|

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

A terrible waste of a player with huge talent. I was really excited with his signing after seeing him play as the 10 at the Euros (all the transfer debate at the time was whether to sign Arshavin or Niko Kranjcar!) but we only saw glimpses of his talent with the four goals at Anfield, the goal v Barca and a cracker home v Blackburn.

Yes he was played out of position but the player himself has to take responsibility for so many anonymous displays. I recall one game where he clearly wasn't interested until he got subbed then he sprinted off the pitch!

In his defence perhaps he would have thrived playing in a different Arsenal team, when he was a regular starter his team mates were the likes of Denilson, Bentdner, Song etc.

A real shame as this guy had talent in abundance, perhaps the application and desire did not match. He seemed to throw in the towel rather than fight.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

From what i can tell Wenger isn't to blame for Arshavin. When he joined he looked good enough to play anywhere in the attacking area but since being at Arsenal he has looked half arsed at best. For the money he is getting paid he should be perfectly capable of keeping himself fit and motivated and putting in a performance even if he isn't played in his favoured position. Wenger has his faults but its unfair to blame him for everything, Arshavin is a disgrace imo.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I thought he had retired years ago :shock: :shock:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

I don't think people realize just how hard it is to play out of position. I remember playing left back, when I was a right footer and it was torrid. Arshavin just didn't have the defensive capabilities to play on the wing. He plays so much better for Russia because he plays as an AMC.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

green gooner wrote:I thought he had retired years ago :shock: :shock:
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:I don't think people realize just how hard it is to play out of position. I remember playing left back, when I was a right footer and it was torrid. Arshavin just didn't have the defensive capabilities to play on the wing. He plays so much better for Russia because he plays as an AMC.
No one said it's easy, mate. We've all been there. The point is though that you still have to give your all. He didn't. He sulked around the pitch. Sure he didn't have the defensive capabilities but that shouldn't have stopped him putting in a shift, doing the basics like tracking back. He is lacking in character. Ain't got the grit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

safcftm wrote:From what i can tell Wenger isn't to blame for Arshavin. When he joined he looked good enough to play anywhere in the attacking area but since being at Arsenal he has looked half arsed at best. For the money he is getting paid he should be perfectly capable of keeping himself fit and motivated and putting in a performance even if he isn't played in his favoured position. Wenger has his faults but its unfair to blame him for everything, Arshavin is a disgrace imo.
Arshavings epitomises some of the "qualities" of most of the L'Oreal generation of modern footballers; it's all about them, fuck the team.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

To those saying Arshavin was lazy, which he was, all I can say is I'd be lazy if I was being treated like a lump of shit by my boss :x

With any other club he would have been class.