Gold membership renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OOKed

Re: Gold membership renewals

Post by OOKed »

Am I the only one then who didn't renew ? I feel a right mug now :barscarf:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

OOKed wrote:Am I the only one then who didn't renew ? I feel a right mug now :barscarf:
I havent renewed for 4 years.Saved nearly £5k.Who's the sucker now :D :D :D

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

OOKed wrote:Am I the only one then who didn't renew ? I feel a right mug now :barscarf:
I'm not encouraging you but if you phoned up on Monday they would take your money without a blink of an eye.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Chippy wrote:
I'm not encouraging you but if you phoned up on Monday they would take your money without a blink of an eye.

If you phoned up on Monday and said that you were a one-eyed, one-footed, 16 year old from West Africa or France, you'd get a nine year deal on £50,000 a week.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Chippy wrote:

If you phoned up on Monday and said that you were a one-eyed, one-footed, 16 year old from West Africa or France, you'd get a nine year deal on £50,000 a week.
:lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Chippy wrote:

:lol: :lol: At the risk of being politically incorrect I'll get Chippy Jnr to black up, he's the Cesc of his U17s team. Christophe De Woking? :oops: :oops:

Herd

Post by Herd »

As Mr Chips said whilst the deadline is past they wont give your seat away for some time as they are trying hard to sell the upstairs ,I usually renew in July but Ive got too many things on to mess about right now so for the first time in a few years Ive signed up in time !

augie

Post by augie »

Didnt renew either of my season tickets either - tbh I feel dirty and like a traitor plus I feel that I will be left on the outside looking in whenever we get rid of wenker and kroenke but everybody has a threshold and mine was when it was stated that the club want wenker to sign a new contract :cry: I do of course realise that they might be blowing smoke up everybodies arse but given their recent history would you take a chance ? This is now a club with zero on field ambitions and I feel cheated as they continue to grab money from wherever they can and sadly that wont include my pocket for the foreseeable future

I remember hearing some old guy who used to manage some scummy team, mutter the words "there used to be a football club over there" and I never thought I would ever say it but that now applies to us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Has anyone from the st waiting list got offered a season ticket?

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

I didn't renew - feel a little strange. Almost like a weight is off my shoulders. :|

CharlieGeorge1971

Post by CharlieGeorge1971 »

Taking the advice from this forum, I rang the ticket office and said I wasn't in a position to renew but would like to defer for a year. They told me to write in with the request, which I did. Got an email just now saying deferment is granted. Not really a proper solution, but buys some time - I'm pretty sure 2013/14 will be another season of empty spending promises and lack of ambition while the Board and Kroenke carry on milking the fans. Like to think I'm wrong - in which case will be kicking myself!

augie

Post by augie »

Anybody else get a phone call from the box office yesterday asking if they were renewing ? Got a call yesterday evening from nice girl in ticket office asking if I would be renewing my season tickets ? Am just wondering if phoning people up after the deadline suggests desperation on part of the club ? :rubchin:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Don’t see the problem with renewing. Why lose your ST?

I went about 6-8 home games all year. Save all the money I make in ticket sales in my bank and put about 400 towards it.

On 55 credits now so I also go any away game I want. I would be stupid to give that up as if I wanted to I could rent it game by game and have a buyer no matter what the home game.

augie

Post by augie »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Don’t see the problem with renewing. Why lose your ST?

I went about 6-8 home games all year. Save all the money I make in ticket sales in my bank and put about 400 towards it.

On 55 credits now so I also go any away game I want. I would be stupid to give that up as if I wanted to I could rent it game by game and have a buyer no matter what the home game.

I kinda took that point of view for a long time mikey but at the same time I couldnt help but feeling that if I wasnt a part of the solution then I must have been part of the problem :( The sad reality is that if the yank slimebags are out for maximum return for minimal input then as long as games and season tickets sell out then they will see no need for change so do we need to sacrifice ourselves (by not renewing) for the greater good of the club ? Personally I feel that it is each individuals choice to make so if they decide to renew then I wont respect them any less but from my own point of view I feel disrespected by the club and I then had to make a decision based on that :cry:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

augie wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:Don’t see the problem with renewing. Why lose your ST?

I kinda took that point of view for a long time mikey but at the same time I couldnt help but feeling that if I wasnt a part of the solution then I must have been part of the problem :( The sad reality is that if the yank slimebags are out for maximum return for minimal input then as long as games and season tickets sell out then they will see no need for change so do we need to sacrifice ourselves (by not renewing) for the greater good of the club ? Personally I feel that it is each individuals choice to make so if they decide to renew then I wont respect them any less but from my own point of view I feel disrespected by the club and I then had to make a decision based on that :cry:

But by doing that, it means you’re prepared to turn your back on it forever? For me the issue isn’t price it’s the feeling cheated. If I feel it’s gone that far I would know by not renewing I won’t be going again.

If we was competing and signing players at a level balanced on our high ticket prices I would have no problem. Problem is, if the club do start investing once I stop renewing, where does that leave me?
Clambering around for upper tier tickets and no chance of going scum away and any other aways I want to go to. The club have me over a barrel but as the saying goes “the house always wins”

If I don’t renew I will want to go still as I would miss it, and miss drinking with my mates.

So would rather renew and have my season ticket next to all my mates in a part of the ground that is tolerable where I can stand and swear.

I hate the fact I pay £980 for something that literately angers the fuck out of me, but if I didn’t have that anger and arsenal I don’t know what I would do? Go fucking ikea with the Mrs on a Saturday and have dinner party’s..

Only thing I stick too is hardly going home games and not buying the shirt or anything from the shop.

Really I pay about 300 quid a year to go a few home games and the luxury of purchasing any away game I want