Gold membership renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Gold membership renewals

Post by Clash »

Probably should post this in the 'What a mug' thread as that's what I feel like ... but I relented and renewed my season ticket this morning.

I'm now awaiting the news on Arsene's contract extension. And then him telling us how the players showed during the run-in that spending money is not always the answer :blah:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Everyone always "reluctantly renews" don't they. And the circus rolls on...

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

I renewed very reluctantly...and the main reason was this is the only time I get quality time with the old man in his later years....been going with him over 30 years. It hurts that I can now say I feel nothing for this corporate entity Arsenal PLC has become. Kroenke/Gazidis/Wenger, you can all do one!

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

have to say that I renewed quite happily :) (I of course would prefer to pay less but nonetheless I will continue to renew with my apparent blind, ignorant, sheeplike optimism)

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm renewing today but I am not happy for none football related reasons .
The decision to invite Galatasary to Highbury sickens me having had to fight for my life against knife wielding assassins in Copenhagen.
I'm also not happy about having to register who sits in my seats ,I have two of the fuckers did they not think for the past 20 odd years that I have held two that someone else may have sat in the other one ,its my fucking choice who sits there.

lowerwest

Post by lowerwest »

Have renewed my season ticket like many on here with much internal gnashing of teeth. Have gone for the 6 month plan which on the face of it is a better way of spreading out payments. Anyone else done that-and is there a con i havent picked up on with it yet>

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

After a long and arduous deliberation .. I decided not to renew and I didn't .. I thought i'd be heartbroken but It feels weird .. like a huge burden has been taken off my shoulders .. I can't explain it ..

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

I have renewed but already decided it will be my last renewal if Wenger is given another contract.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I'm not an ST holder, never have been. But I think later this summer I will finally be offered one.

Years ago it was all I ever wanted but now it's finally here the thought of it makes me more sick than excited. Firstly because of the cost, if i'm being honest I can't afford it, even the cheapest one. I could probably scrape the money together but I'd have to live like a hermit for 6 months to pay it off.

And of course the team is so horribly mediocre yet they force us to cough up one of the highest ST prices in world football. Within a few days notice. It doesn't represent value for money at all.

And what if they put me somewhere in the stadium surrounded by some utter morons? There's only a few places in the bowl that I enjoy watching the game from tbh. This would probably clinch it for me, if they can't offer me a seat in one of these places then i'm 95% certain i'll turn them down.

I have no problems at the minute getting tickets with my red membership, almost anywhere I want in the ground. The myth of red members getting the shit seats isn't true at all. I've missed only a handful of home games in the last 5 years or so & have sat Upper Tier maybe 3 times. If you know how the system works you can get tickets almost anywhere you want. And I can get most away tickets through a variety of both official & unofficial means. The only benefit I see of a Gold Membership to me is for Cup Final tickets and really, that ain't happening any time soon!

What would you do?

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

If people are renewing in the hope that it'll be AW's last season, then they need a read of this article (which popped up on BBC Sport earlier today)...

Arsene Wenger at Arsenal for long term, says Ivan Gazidis

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that manager Arsene Wenger will stay "for the long term".

Wenger, 63, is starting the final season of his current contract but Arsenal expect him to sign a new deal.

Gazidis said: "We have got a fantastic manager. We hope that he wants to do what he is doing for the long term. I believe he does.

"Quietly and at the right time I think we will make an announcement on [a new deal] when things are put in place."

"We have a great relationship and he has a great relationship with the board as well.

"We have got a lot of confidence in Arsene that he is the right person to take the club forward.

"We want to be a club that is competing at the very top end of the game and that means competing to win the Premier League and competing to win the Champions League."

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

Dan_85 wrote:I'm not an ST holder, never have been. But I think later this summer I will finally be offered one.

Years ago it was all I ever wanted but now it's finally here the thought of it makes me more sick than excited. Firstly because of the cost, if i'm being honest I can't afford it, even the cheapest one. I could probably scrape the money together but I'd have to live like a hermit for 6 months to pay it off.

And of course the team is so horribly mediocre yet they force us to cough up one of the highest ST prices in world football. Within a few days notice. It doesn't represent value for money at all.

And what if they put me somewhere in the stadium surrounded by some utter morons? There's only a few places in the bowl that I enjoy watching the game from tbh. This would probably clinch it for me, if they can't offer me a seat in one of these places then i'm 95% certain i'll turn them down.

I have no problems at the minute getting tickets with my red membership, almost anywhere I want in the ground. The myth of red members getting the shit seats isn't true at all. I've missed only a handful of home games in the last 5 years or so & have sat Upper Tier maybe 3 times. If you know how the system works you can get tickets almost anywhere you want. And I can get most away tickets through a variety of both official & unofficial means. The only benefit I see of a Gold Membership to me is for Cup Final tickets and really, that ain't happening any time soon!

What would you do?

I'd do my utmost to get the ticket.

I use to go regularly years ago. I went sporadically thereafter with Job, Kids and other life being the priority, then as time became my own again I started going regularly again and stuck my name down for a season ticket. I was able to get to games as you say, quite often but I now have a season ticket (7 and a half years on the list it took me) with my own name on it and it is a ticket for Arsenal... it is the best ticket there is as far as I'm concerned. I have moved a couple of times on my season ticket now so if you did "end up being surrounded by utter morons" - perhaps me - you can ask to move the following year. Whatever one thinks of the current regime/manager that is irrelevant when it comes to the ticket i think. Once you have one then it can be yours for as long as you wish. I'm not young but would hope to have a good 20+ years more in me comfortably (health allowing) and even for a Wenger fan like me there will be a time (be it sooner or later) when he is not there but I will still be going and still have my ticket.

So as you asked, I say get the ticket even if it's a struggle.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

With the amount of empty seats at most home games you should be able to sit within reason where you like anyway if you are surrounded by the morons.

beck

Post by beck »

Dan_85 wrote:Everyone always "reluctantly renews" don't they. And the circus rolls on...
i did,nt
will use my sons silver membership now he has stepped up from cannon club.
there has to be a cut off point i have reached mine
does,nt mean my passion and love for the club is diminished
i would love to be wrong and watch us skip in the sunset with all 4 trophys[ i would sit in the khazi and miss every game if the gods said that would mean success]
but i am fed up of us pleading the poor mouth while revenues at the club have never been better
wenger said what do you expect messi?
i don,t believe it should ever be dismissed as out the question
the fact that he thinks its funny means he does,nt match our ambition
we are the arsenal for fuck sake
if you did renew fantastic
i will rub shoulders with you and sing and shout my head off on my visits
just won,t be sending off the 1400 quid into the ether for the club to tell us that being in the champions league is the pinnacle of our expectations.
you are still the life blood of the club
i will leave the 63pound games to the pickers and choosers and go over there when we are playing games deemed less attractive.
when wenger goes i will go back on the season ticket waiting list

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Be interested to hear from those on the waiting list whether they get a call. I'm pretty sure there is almost no waiting list now.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've renewed. I have no idea why.