Gold membership renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Gold membership renewals

Post by augie »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
augie wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:Don’t see the problem with renewing. Why lose your ST?

I went about 6-8 home games all year. Save all the money I make in ticket sales in my bank and put about 400 towards it.

On 55 credits now so I also go any away game I want. I would be stupid to give that up as if I wanted to I could rent it game by game and have a buyer no matter what the home game.

I kinda took that point of view for a long time mikey but at the same time I couldnt help but feeling that if I wasnt a part of the solution then I must have been part of the problem :( The sad reality is that if the yank slimebags are out for maximum return for minimal input then as long as games and season tickets sell out then they will see no need for change so do we need to sacrifice ourselves (by not renewing) for the greater good of the club ? Personally I feel that it is each individuals choice to make so if they decide to renew then I wont respect them any less but from my own point of view I feel disrespected by the club and I then had to make a decision based on that :cry:

But by doing that, it means you’re prepared to turn your back on it forever? For me the issue isn’t price it’s the feeling cheated. If I feel it’s gone that far I would know by not renewing I won’t be going again.

If we was competing and signing players at a level balanced on our high ticket prices I would have no problem. Problem is, if the club do start investing once I stop renewing, where does that leave me?
Clambering around for upper tier tickets and no chance of going scum away and any other aways I want to go to. The club have me over a barrel but as the saying goes “the house always wins”

If I don’t renew I will want to go still as I would miss it, and miss drinking with my mates.

So would rather renew and have my season ticket next to all my mates in a part of the ground that is tolerable where I can stand and swear.

I hate the fact I pay £980 for something that literately angers the fuck out of me, but if I didn’t have that anger and arsenal I don’t know what I would do? Go fucking ikea with the Mrs on a Saturday and have dinner party’s..

Only thing I stick too is hardly going home games and not buying the shirt or anything from the shop.

Really I pay about 300 quid a year to go a few home games and the luxury of purchasing any away game I want

It is also the fact that I feel that I am being cheated that has driven me to this point - I have always stated that the lack of trophies, whilst disappointing of course, is not such a huge deal for me but it is the lack of ambition and drive from within the club that really really angers me :evil: If I see a player like parlour (who wasnt a great footballer if I'm honest) give 100% everytime he plays for us then I will allow for his shortcomings in the skill/technical dept and for me it should be the same with the club - if they are spending what is available, getting rid of the shit players that are bleeding the club dry, ditto the 7.5m per year manager and actually tried using something resembling tactics then I would satisfied with what I see but ambling along in a state of apathy is unacceptable to me :x

The 2nd point is related to the cost issue - I would be more than willing to renew if I knew for certain that I could then rent it out for the games I am not attending but I cant see that as a possibility for me tbh. I approached a few Gooners over here that I know in the hope that some would be interested in taking a share in the tickets for the season but there was no interest. My cousin was paying a quarter share (but was attending 98% of the games) but he too has said that he wont be paying in this coming season. The much heralded ticket exchange only works if the club have sold their allocation of red level seats and tbh I foresee a lot of games this season when that will not happen so basically I would be writing off at least 1k per season (have two season tickets) and financially I am not in a position to do that

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:Anybody else get a phone call from the box office yesterday asking if they were renewing ? Got a call yesterday evening from nice girl in ticket office asking if I would be renewing my season tickets ? Am just wondering if phoning people up after the deadline suggests desperation on part of the club ? :rubchin:

And did you tell her the real reasons why you weren't renewing? :rubchin: :lol: :wink:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

augie wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
augie wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:Don’t see the problem with renewing. Why lose your ST?

I went about 6-8 home games all year. Save all the money I make in ticket sales in my bank and put about 400 towards it.

On 55 credits now so I also go any away game I want. I would be stupid to give that up as if I wanted to I could rent it game by game and have a buyer no matter what the home game.

I kinda took that point of view for a long time mikey but at the same time I couldnt help but feeling that if I wasnt a part of the solution then I must have been part of the problem :( The sad reality is that if the yank slimebags are out for maximum return for minimal input then as long as games and season tickets sell out then they will see no need for change so do we need to sacrifice ourselves (by not renewing) for the greater good of the club ? Personally I feel that it is each individuals choice to make so if they decide to renew then I wont respect them any less but from my own point of view I feel disrespected by the club and I then had to make a decision based on that :cry:

But by doing that, it means you’re prepared to turn your back on it forever? For me the issue isn’t price it’s the feeling cheated. If I feel it’s gone that far I would know by not renewing I won’t be going again.

If we was competing and signing players at a level balanced on our high ticket prices I would have no problem. Problem is, if the club do start investing once I stop renewing, where does that leave me?
Clambering around for upper tier tickets and no chance of going scum away and any other aways I want to go to. The club have me over a barrel but as the saying goes “the house always wins”

If I don’t renew I will want to go still as I would miss it, and miss drinking with my mates.

So would rather renew and have my season ticket next to all my mates in a part of the ground that is tolerable where I can stand and swear.

I hate the fact I pay £980 for something that literately angers the fuck out of me, but if I didn’t have that anger and arsenal I don’t know what I would do? Go fucking ikea with the Mrs on a Saturday and have dinner party’s..

Only thing I stick too is hardly going home games and not buying the shirt or anything from the shop.

Really I pay about 300 quid a year to go a few home games and the luxury of purchasing any away game I want

It is also the fact that I feel that I am being cheated that has driven me to this point - I have always stated that the lack of trophies, whilst disappointing of course, is not such a huge deal for me but it is the lack of ambition and drive from within the club that really really angers me :evil: If I see a player like parlour (who wasnt a great footballer if I'm honest) give 100% everytime he plays for us then I will allow for his shortcomings in the skill/technical dept and for me it should be the same with the club - if they are spending what is available, getting rid of the shit players that are bleeding the club dry, ditto the 7.5m per year manager and actually tried using something resembling tactics then I would satisfied with what I see but ambling along in a state of apathy is unacceptable to me :x

The 2nd point is related to the cost issue - I would be more than willing to renew if I knew for certain that I could then rent it out for the games I am not attending but I cant see that as a possibility for me tbh. I approached a few Gooners over here that I know in the hope that some would be interested in taking a share in the tickets for the season but there was no interest. My cousin was paying a quarter share (but was attending 98% of the games) but he too has said that he wont be paying in this coming season. The much heralded ticket exchange only works if the club have sold their allocation of red level seats and tbh I foresee a lot of games this season when that will not happen so basically I would be writing off at least 1k per season (have two season tickets) and financially I am not in a position to do that

I never knew that. So you can only post on TX if its sold out?

I guess im lucky that my season ticket is in block6/5. Last 3 years I have rented any game I wanted.

Are you upper or lower tier?

augie

Post by augie »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
augie wrote:Anybody else get a phone call from the box office yesterday asking if they were renewing ? Got a call yesterday evening from nice girl in ticket office asking if I would be renewing my season tickets ? Am just wondering if phoning people up after the deadline suggests desperation on part of the club ? :rubchin:

And did you tell her the real reasons why you weren't renewing? :rubchin: :lol: :wink:

Who ratted me out ? :lol: Have actually applied to get them deferred for a year due to issues beyond my control (does awarding wenker a new contract fall into this category ? :wink: ) but am not confident tbh. I will feel sorry for myself but if I'm honest I will mostly feel sorry for my kids as the plan was that I was going to bring them over for games on a regular basis in coming years and then down the line they would take over the tickets and be able to go together :(

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

I was renting an ST last year which I have chosen not to take again, I will stick with the silver until Wenger leaves at the very earliest. I cant justify paying £985. I also find that taking an ST makes it very hard to do the away days unless you earn a lot of money and have a lot of time on your hands. No ST next year = more away days!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

Chippy wrote:Be interested to hear from those on the waiting list whether they get a call. I'm pretty sure there is almost no waiting list now.
I bought my place on the list in November and was number 35771. I'm sure the list is still pretty long.