Villa match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Villa match thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

First game of season ,i was over for the 1st game last season against sunderland ,giroud came on as a sub and missed and absolute sitter & game finished 0-0,so im going for a narrow win for us and giroud to score the winning goal 2-1 to us.

SE12red

Re: Villa match thread

Post by SE12red »

We'll play with pace and penetration for 20 minutes but won't score . Villa will come back into the game and hit us a couple of times on the break . HT 0-0 .
65 mins , Benteke outmuscles Kos and Ches weak hands the shot into the next . 70 min the cavalry arrive and we batter the AV defence . Giroud and Sanogo miss sitters ,Per goes up front and hits the cross bar , Theo dissappears .
We lose 1-0 and boos ring out round the Emirates followed by "spend some f*****g money .
Somewhere nearby a man lights a BBQ .

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Walnut to score early doors, then we sit back as per usual. Benteke to rifle home the equaliser 15 minutes from time, and we end up hanging on for the draw.
Fully expect Wenger to come out with the old... "We played with a little bit handbrake on" excuse at post match interview! :blah: :blah: :blah:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

3-0 us. AW to be unbearably smug when asked about the lack of new faces.

Feo to get one and talk guff about us being title contenders this year.

Smh

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

2-1 to us. Villa have a decent record at our new place, once again I think they'll make it hairy for us but do expect us to win.

As others have said, Wenger will be unbearably smug and point to this as well as today's victory over city as indicators to why we can win the league :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I still remember the Boxing Day (think it was actually 27th) 2009 dicking at our place where they played us off the park. Still have nightmares about Villa pumping 80-yard long balls and Silvestre and Gallas having the turning circles of oil tankers.

*Just remembered Boxing Day was the 2-2 joke of a game at their place, this must have been earlier in the season.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

northbank123 wrote:I still remember the Boxing Day (think it was actually 27th) 2009 dicking at our place where they played us off the park. Still have nightmares about Villa pumping 80-yard long balls and Silvestre and Gallas having the turning circles of oil tankers.

*Just remembered Boxing Day was the 2-2 joke of a game at their place, this must have been earlier in the season.
Think you're thinking of November 2008? It was a few days before my birthday if I remember, we lost 2-0 at home I think?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Dan_85 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I still remember the Boxing Day (think it was actually 27th) 2009 dicking at our place where they played us off the park. Still have nightmares about Villa pumping 80-yard long balls and Silvestre and Gallas having the turning circles of oil tankers.

Think you're thinking of November 2008? It was a few days before my birthday if I remember, we lost 2-0 at home I think?
Yeah that was the game. I just remember being massively taken aback by being dicked by an average side.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

To be honest I'm not sure yet what clothes I'll be wearing for the Villa match. :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:To be honest I'm not sure yet what clothes I'll be wearing for the Villa match. :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:oops: :lol: :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Probably a home win, maintaining the status quo of beating the mid-table teams, then losing to the top sides. Which, once again, will be enough for fourth.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

2-1 or 3-1 villa

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

GoonerN5 wrote:2-1 or 3-1 villa
we didn't sign him in the end. :oops: :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Probably a home win, maintaining the status quo of beating the mid-table teams, then losing to the top sides. Which, once again, will be enough for fourth.
Aaah ! yes, but you're forgetting the matches in the Leaguge Cup and F.A Cup where we are meant to coast past lower division teams but end up being humiliated.

:cry: :banghead:

Apparently referred to as "The Wenger Way" (ie: Cheap and Trophyless) :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

There is no way in the world villa will get something from this game - as average as we are, and we are average, this villa team is absolutely shite and you do have to question the mindset of a player (benteke) who looked to leave the club just a few weeks ago. My concern would be if villa throw on the big beanpole (Swedish ?) striker alongside benteke cos we aint good at dealing with an aerial onslaught :oops: