Vermin Home Game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Vermin Home Game

Post by goonersid »

1-3 to the spuds and crisis returns, should see panic buys galore in the closing hours of transfer window. Fuck off Wenger.

augie

Post by augie »

Very much in a "meh" frame of mind for the first 4 games but this game is different...very very different. Like most Gooners, I despise these fish holes with a passion and losing, or even drawing with them (moral victory for them :roll: ), is the stuff of nightmares. I remember walking out of cardiff after the victims robbed us in the cup final, and all I felt was numb.....I remember walking out of the grove after we surrendered a 2 goal lead to these b**tards before losing 2-3 and my anger went to a whole new level :cry: :cry:

As things stand I would have to concede that on paper they have a better team than we have - neither teams has faced anybody of note and neither team is setting the world alight but I have to admit that I fear the impact soldado and paulinho could have. Their new players probably havent settled in yet but I would think that they pose a far greater attacking threat than anything we have faced so far this season. That being said, we would pose a much bigger attacking threat than anyone they have played yet too. All the signs point to a 3-3 thriller which probably means a 0-0 or even a narrow 1 goal defeat - tbh I would settle for the draw right now

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If we lose this game - The pressure is Back On BIG Time for Inspector Clueless - even so I want to win our game/s against the sum more than any other in our season/s.

If we draw - It will add further to his slipping off the 'hook' of anger directed towards him

If we win - he'll be all smiles and smarm...and as Flash says: All will be rosey in the wenger garden.

Either way we either lose and suffer THAT detestable pain, but can vent our anger at the inept Mr Excuses

We draw and suffer another season with Mr excuses, before maybe something gets done

We win and he gets a contract extension and so Hell Continues for even longer than we had been hoping.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

3-0 @ 22

3-1 @ 16

4-2 @ 67

5-2 @ 179

best prices @ oddschecker
good luck

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

We will cornhole them 4-0, and all will be sticky in wengers briar patch!
:barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:Very much in a "meh" frame of mind for the first 4 games but this game is different...very very different. Like most Gooners, I despise these fish holes with a passion and losing, or even drawing with them (moral victory for them :roll: ), is the stuff of nightmares. I remember walking out of cardiff after the victims robbed us in the cup final, and all I felt was numb.....I remember walking out of the grove after we surrendered a 2 goal lead to these b**tards before losing 2-3 and my anger went to a whole new level :cry: :cry:

As things stand I would have to concede that on paper they have a better team than we have - neither teams has faced anybody of note and neither team is setting the world alight but I have to admit that I fear the impact soldado and paulinho could have. Their new players probably havent settled in yet but I would think that they pose a far greater attacking threat than anything we have faced so far this season. That being said, we would pose a much bigger attacking threat than anyone they have played yet too. All the signs point to a 3-3 thriller which probably means a 0-0 or even a narrow 1 goal defeat - tbh I would settle for the draw right now
Agree with your sentiments, but still think we will lose.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I think I'll follow Wenger's lead... so can we beat Sp*rs? - No. I don't know. Maybe. :rubchin:

(that clears that up then :roll: :lol: )

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

After losing Podolski to injury, playing our 3 key central midfielders for 90mins in a pointless game last night (Ramsey injured, Cazorla and Jack kicked to pieces towards the end) and using our new signing up front for half an hour (is it just me or is he lost and looking very useless?) I fear we may not have enough players 100% fit or good enough for the game in the key area of midfield!! Thanks for that Arsene you moron!!

I would take a 1-1 draw but fear that if we go behind there will be no strength or depth to the bench to get us back in to the game so a defeat (it pains me to write this) is a real possibility sadly but I m not going to predict a win for them, who could??????

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

If im honest the best that we can hope for is a Super Special atmosphere at The Bowl and that the 5pur2 new signings cack themselves when faced with a wall of abuse !!.......Whoops sorry forgot for a moment that The Bowl doesnt generate that SORT of atmosphere :banghead: As much as its hurts i can only see us losing to the swampies :banghead:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

We will win by 3-0. Sanago, flamini and cabaye scored

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Goonuz71 wrote:If im honest the best that we can hope for is a Super Special atmosphere at The Bowl and that the 5pur2 new signings cack themselves when faced with a wall of abuse !!.......Whoops sorry forgot for a moment that The Bowl doesnt generate that SORT of atmosphere :banghead: As much as its hurts i can only see us losing to the swampies :banghead:
Pains me to say it but I don't think any ground in England does anymore. I never had the experience to go to a football ground where standing is allowed thanks to the fuck-up at Hillsborough and the health-and-safety wombles banning standing, but I can't imagine how much better the atmosphere was back in the day.
So now we have to put up with being told to sit and keep the noise down because some uncaring ponse can't read a text message "with all this racket going on".
I don't think we'll really ever see a proper atmosphere in English football whilst season tickets are over a grand a pop and all-seater stadiums are mandatory. Shame really :banghead: :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

not another spuds penalty to win a game surely??they have a far superior squad although watching the highlights sunday they look like a team with a lot of new players that haven't yet gelled.i think their superior quality may just do it, 3-1 to the scum :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

g88ner wrote:Why do you think he might play Ramsey out wide? :? -
he did several times last year. wide right.

thats when Ramsay looked half bothered and kept trying the fancy flicks that failed.

so AW judges it as a roaring success. obviously.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Sp*rs have undoubtably got a better team than us but they are still bedding in. Due to this we will win and Wenger lives to see out another season

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

Dont see how we can lose this, theyv lost a leader and a decent player in bale, theyv signed far too many and assimilating them all together is no simple task, mancity took a while to get going and they had superior players.

3-1 to the Arsenal