Sunderland vs. Arsenal (14th September)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leedsgooner1

Re: Sunderland vs. Arsenal (14th September)

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

Leedsgooner1 wrote:Where are people having a pre match beer tomorrow, am arriving in Sunderland around midday so have plenty of time to kill :barscarf:
[/quote]

Unfortunately most of the gooners will probably go to Newcastle pre match. If you're in Sunderland many will go into the town centre, there's the Lambton Worm (Wetherspoons) and no doubt plenty Arsenal will go there, theres a place called the Corner Flag nearby which some gooners went in last time (attracted by a couple of Arsenal pictures on the wall!), for a livelier time some will no doubt end up in Passion on stage with the strippers doing drinking games. Plenty places to go and the Arsenal that go to Sunderland will probably end up all over. Nearer the ground there's the Wheatsheaf, need to be slightly more careful there (its as near as we get to a home pub) but again with it being Arsenal you could go there in colours and it'd be no bother. Hope you enjoy the trip. I'll be with me best mate (wibble off here, who is an Arsenal fan) and a load of Sunderland lads, not sure where we're heading yet but I might post on here on the morning of the game in case any gooners are about and want a few pints[/quote]

Cheers fella :D

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

defleppardisking wrote:
augie wrote:Have seen ki play a bit and think that he is a good ball player in the middle of the park 8)
I know more about Ki's wife than i know what kind of player Ki is.

:shock: :cheers:

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23999428

BBC:-
"New Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil missed Friday training, but may still replace the injured Tomas Rosicky. "

Anyone know why he missed training today?

wibble

Post by wibble »

Midz wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23999428

"New Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil missed Friday training, but may still replace the injured Tomas Rosicky. "

No idea-hope he plays-would love to see him make his debut tomorrow.

Looking forward to the game-and a few drinks at one (or all?!) of the many classy places safcftm has mentioned.

Also notice that Per is out as well-Sagna filling in at centreback?

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

safcftm wrote: Grangetown eh? My gran lives there (Stratford Avenue), small world! Yeah, it often crops up on our forum that for some reason Arsenal and Sunderland seem to get on, goes back at least as far as May 1991 when you pretty much won the league at Roker and the fans got on well (our lot shouting "champions" at the Arsenal fans etc) then there was the bear's

Unfortunately most of the gooners will probably go to Newcastle pre match. If you're in Sunderland many will go into the town centre, there's the Lambton Worm (Wetherspoons) and no doubt plenty Arsenal will go there, theres a place called the Corner Flag nearby which some gooners went in last time (attracted by a couple of Arsenal pictures on the wall!), for a livelier time some will no doubt end up in Passion on stage with the strippers doing drinking games. Plenty places to go and the Arsenal that go to Sunderland will probably end up all over. Nearer the ground there's the Wheatsheaf, need to be slightly more careful there (its as near as we get to a home pub) but again with it being Arsenal you could go there in colours and it'd be no bother. Hope you enjoy the trip. I'll be with me best mate (wibble off here, who is an Arsenal fan) and a load of Sunderland lads, not sure where we're heading yet but I might post on here on the morning of the game in case any gooners are about and want a few pints
We went into the Corner Flag for the cup game (last season ?) me, a mate and our kids.The kids were wearing arsenal tops...there was no trouble....mind you we were drinking with Craig the owner....My mate met him on holiday .....was a great Bar with good atmosphere... there were more TV's in that bar than you can shake a stick at ...probably will check it out again tomorrow :cheers:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Midz wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23999428

BFG and Ozil both got bugs & both doubtful

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light:
on Thomas Vermaelen...
Vermaelen is back in full training. He is very close to being available and he could be in the squad on Saturday. It is more likely to be Wednesday, but there is a possibility he might still travel on Friday to Sunderland.
on Tomas Rosicky...
He is out with a hamstring [issue].
on Yaya Sanogo...
Sanogo has a back problem. He came back from the first game of the France Under-21s with it. He is certainly out for Saturday.

Maybe wenger;s waiting to see if they are up to it? :rubchin:

Post by 1989 »

Suddenly I feel less confident. :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:Suddenly I feel less confident. :banghead:
Surely not because our Lord and Master suddenly realises that the already paper thin defence and attack now has injuries ??

Still I haven't worked in football a single day.....

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:? :? :?

Hang on a cotton picking minute: You are suddenly less confident because a perpetually injured Rosicky and an unproven squad player like Sanogo aren't available? :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Surely not because our Lord and Master suddenly realises that the already paper thin defence and attack now has injuries ??

Still I haven't worked in football a single day.....
Stick to grilled meat steveo 8)

Post by 1989 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
:? :? :?

Hang on a cotton picking minute: You are suddenly less confident because a perpetually injured Rosicky and an unproven squad player like Sanogo aren't available? :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Our leader (and real captain) is reportedly out for this one. :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Two predictions - 1-0 to the Arsenal and at 4.55 pm......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqulA1Zf1OE

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Rosicky, Mertesacker and now reportedly Cazorla all out of this match. Ozil won't be at his best for obvious reasons and so I foresee a rather tricky game today. Going for 1-1.