Sunderland vs. Arsenal (14th September)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Re: Sunderland vs. Arsenal (14th September)

Post by safcftm »

TurnipMasher wrote:
1989 wrote:Who saw the Sunderland fans falling over each other to get Özil's autograph at full time? 8)
and Diakite asking for his shirt at half-time! The Sunderland Santos :barscarf:
That was fucking embarrassing. After the fucking run around he was given all match maybe he just asked for it so he could see what it looked like up close. With his performances since he signed he's fucking lucky to have a Sunderland shirt nevermind an Arsenal one, but nice of him to admit to Ozil that he's inferior to him while the match is still fucking going on. Oh well, Brown is back training (might play a couple before getting his next injury) and O'Shea is back so we can play some proper defenders soon, Diakite can just sit in a darkened room and have a ***** over Ozil next weekend since he's obviously more bothered about him than he is about his own team.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

safcftm wrote:
TurnipMasher wrote:
1989 wrote:Who saw the Sunderland fans falling over each other to get Özil's autograph at full time? 8)
That was fucking embarrassing. After the fucking run around he was given all match maybe he just asked for it so he could see what it looked like up close. With his performances since he signed he's fucking lucky to have a Sunderland shirt nevermind an Arsenal one, but nice of him to admit to Ozil that he's inferior to him while the match is still fucking going on. Oh well, Brown is back training (might play a couple before getting his next injury) and O'Shea is back so we can play some proper defenders soon, Diakite can just sit in a darkened room and have a ***** over Ozil next weekend since he's obviously more bothered about him than he is about his own team.
Feel for you buddy. When Santos did the same thing at OT after we'd been dicked for 45 minutes, I swore at that moment I never wanted to see the useless *word censored* wearing the red and white ever again......and in honour of the oversized turd bag I treated myself to a supersize doner when we eventually offloaded the *word censored*

Hope for your sake Diakite gets a fucking ripping from his own fans.

I'll make the same prediction as I did with Santos that it will be explained away as "cultural differences" and that he never meant to be "disrespectful to the best fans in the world"

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can anyone who went on Saturday confirm "If There's Only One..." got an airing at any point during or after the match

My old man's on fire with it at the moment

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

SteveO 35 wrote:
safcftm wrote:
TurnipMasher wrote:
Feel for you buddy. When Santos did the same thing at OT after we'd been dicked for 45 minutes, I swore at that moment I never wanted to see the useless *word censored* wearing the red and white ever again......and in honour of the oversized turd bag I treated myself to a supersize doner when we eventually offloaded the *word censored*

I'll make the same prediction as I did with Santos that it will be explained away as "cultural differences" and that he never meant to be "disrespectful to the best fans in the world"
Yeah, Santos/ Diakite, Arsenal/ Sunderland, whichever player and club it is its not good to see, I feel for any set of fans who have to sit and watch players like that. When you're spending hard earned money to watch the players and help in some small way towards them earning a fortune you'd appreciate it if they, you know, looked like they gave a fuck. "Only come to see the Arsenal?" well we didn't but seemingly some of our players did. If he wants an Arsenal strip so badly he should learn to defend, play well for a few seasons and maybe they'd want to sign him. As it is they wouldn't touch the useless, clumsy knacker with a barge-pole. Wish Ozil had told him to fuck off to be honest.

Post by 1989 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Only seen the highlights but the movement of Ozil and the assist for the first goal remind me very much of what I saw of him playing for Germany terrorising all and sundry at the last World Cup - bloody fantastic. The finish from Giroud was quality too - credit to the lad, he has been a different player to what he was at this stage last year. Still won't back him to score away from home against the top CL and PL opposition but at least he's knocking over shite like Sunderland and the Spuds :D

Another rash challenge from The New Tony Adams nearly cost us something but good to see them bounce back from the set back. Fantastic move for the last goal
Giroud scored away to the CL winners last season.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

safcftm wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
safcftm wrote:
TurnipMasher wrote:

Yeah, Santos/ Diakite, Arsenal/ Sunderland, whichever player and club it is its not good to see, I feel for any set of fans who have to sit and watch players like that. When you're spending hard earned money to watch the players and help in some small way towards them earning a fortune you'd appreciate it if they, you know, looked like they gave a fuck. "Only come to see the Arsenal?" well we didn't but seemingly some of our players did. If he wants an Arsenal strip so badly he should learn to defend, play well for a few seasons and maybe they'd want to sign him. As it is they wouldn't touch the useless, clumsy knacker with a barge-pole. Wish Ozil had told him to fuck off to be honest.
Apparently Ozil just laughed at him, probably felt embarrassed for him for being a dick. I imagine Di Canio ripped him a new one in the dressing room, and rightly so.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mixed game. We were great at times, ropey at others and Sunderland might have had a draw with another ref... :|

Rambo was excellent mostly and scored 2 good goals. Jenko is the ONLY decent wide crosser of a ball at the club. Gibbs is the worst crosser of a ball in the history of football. Ozil showed why he is different class. He just oozes quality. Giroud's finish was excellent and he linked up really well throughout the game. Would still love to see him play off a top top striker in a 4-4-2 though. Hope our medical staff don't fucking touch his knee. Jack had some lovely touches and nice passes but still seems to overplay alot.

Kos showed again he has very little intelligence at times and goes to ground stupidly when all he has to do is track the runner and push him out wide. Why fucking lunge? :roll: Feo Feo was absolute dogshit.

The ref totally fucked up the Sagna incident. TBH I thought they were both shoving/pulling and had a grip of each other's jerseys so how he can pick one as the greater offender I don't know. But he obviously felt Sagna was, and having made that decision he should have given the advantage to Sunderland and the goal should have stood. Terrible reffing.

A good three points but it could have been otherwise....

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Can anyone who went on Saturday confirm "If There's Only One..." got an airing at any point during or after the match

My old man's on fire with it at the moment

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
If you mean Arsene Wenger then yes :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

What Santos done was worse than Diakite's "error of judgement" Santos knew that Van P€r$i€ was hated by Arsenal fans and that the game was being played on a pitch where Arsenal had been humiliated the previous season..add in we were only 1-0 down but in reality being destroyed it all added up to crass stupidity by Santos. Still Diakite must have pissed off Sunderland fans , what is between the ears of these footballers at times. Do they genuinely not understand what the club that is paying them a fortune means to supporters who are paying a fortune to watch them. ?
Nicer story is in 2002 Gillingham were playing Arsenal in a cup game at Highbury ..5-2 down with a few minutes left Gills player-manager Andy Hessentaler brought himself on as a sub just in order to to get Patrick Vieira's shirt.
Thought there were glimpses of everything we expect from Arsenal on Saturday. Slick and clumsy . Serious questions aasked of Sagna at centre back. He was unable for the physicality.
On the Sunderland goal that wasn't firstly the referee had blown it early and secondly I thought it was as much of a foul on Sagna as by him. Kos didn't need to go to ground the way he did, didn't think there was enough contact for a penalty but once the chance is there certain players will make the best of it. Two English players on Saturday done that but lets gloss over that.
Thought it was a good deserved win but in the bigger picture one we should be winning.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Damn we got lucky but played really well in parts of this game. Walcott did not have his best game in front of goal but at least he is a better finisher than Torres.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Best bit for me.

"Where's the tosser in the green?"

Felt great to shut that mug up and glad a load of other people cottoned on to him as well. Wasn't being so mouthy at the end I couldn't help but notice

:lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Mixed game. We were great at times, ropey at others and Sunderland might have had a draw with another ref... :|

Rambo was excellent mostly and scored 2 good goals. Jenko is the ONLY decent wide crosser of a ball at the club. Gibbs is the worst crosser of a ball in the history of football. Ozil showed why he is different class. He just oozes quality. Giroud's finish was excellent and he linked up really well throughout the game. Would still love to see him play off a top top striker in a 4-4-2 though. Hope our medical staff don't fucking touch his knee. Jack had some lovely touches and nice passes but still seems to overplay alot.

Kos showed again he has very little intelligence at times and goes to ground stupidly when all he has to do is track the runner and push him out wide. Why fucking lunge? :roll: Feo Feo was absolute dogshit.

The ref totally fucked up the Sagna incident. TBH I thought they were both shoving/pulling and had a grip of each other's jerseys so how he can pick one as the greater offender I don't know. But he obviously felt Sagna was, and having made that decision he should have given the advantage to Sunderland and the goal should have stood. Terrible reffing.

Your right about them both holding on to each other but once he decided it was Sagna he blew because tbf it was going on couple of seconds and he didn't think the striker was going to get away.

But I look at the incident after he did get away, if you get a chance watch kos in the area when matey shoots, he is stood still just watching, when the ball squirms under shez and heads in kos then reacts belatedly to try and clear it, which he nearly did.

Now did he not react because he clearly heard the whistle so knew it was going back but then panics and tries to make a clearance because play has gone on or is he just thick as shit and and hadn't headed back to protect the goal once shez rushed off his line because he switches off :rubchin:

Edit, meant to say about the "it could have been different" at the of your post, yeah had the £100,000 a week man put his boots on the right feet we could have been 4-0 and second half would have been a stroll..... :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Mixed game. We were great at times, ropey at others and Sunderland might have had a draw with another ref... :|

Your right about them both holding on to each other but once he decided it was Sagna he blew because tbf it was going on couple of seconds and he didn't think the striker was going to get away.

But I look at the incident after he did get away, if you get a chance watch kos in the area when matey shoots, he is stood still just watching, when the ball squirms under shez and heads in kos then reacts belatedly to try and clear it, which he nearly did.

Now did he not react because he clearly heard the whistle so knew it was going back but then panics and tries to make a clearance because play has gone on or is he just thick as shit and and hadn't headed back to protect the goal once shez rushed off his line because he switches off :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Robin_L wrote:Best bit for me.

Felt great to shut that mug up and glad a load of other people cottoned on to him as well. Wasn't being so mouthy at the end I couldn't help but notice

Bit slow today..please explain .. :D

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

Robin_L wrote:Best bit for me.

He was a bit lairy, was funny when he suddenly disappeared :D