Flamini

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jrthgooner

Flamini

Post by jrthgooner »

Whilst I understand the frustration that signing him again may have caused a lot of people I thought he was and is going to be a very good signing.

Today at the game only went to help me think that I was right. From the moment he cam eon he organised, stuck his foot in and let his teammates know when they were in the wrong. He was a man who left us at the point where he had become an efficient footballer (especially in the premier league) and has come back exactly the same.

Long may it continue and may his desire to succeed infect the rest of the squad

topgoon

Re: Flamini

Post by topgoon »

he was boss today. He was the Mathieu of old, still not impressed with how he left us on a free but since then we've seen the way transfer deals are done n our club so it could be half he wanted a big pay day, half we pissed him about.

What I do know is that he played today like the Mathieu of 07/08 when we were doing well till the fake penalty in the Birmingham game followed by that pr*ck Gallas meltdown(proper captain material that William :roll: ).

He was shouting and cajoling and sorting people out anytime we lost the ball and he is still a terrier snapping at oppos players heels and not afraid to put his foot in, without the stupid charging upfield and out off position that Song used to do. I'm hoping being at a disciplined Italian team has instilled the kind of tactical discipline that Wenger neglects when it comes to defending.

Long may it continue :barscarf:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Was well against him joining the greedy fucker but credit where credit is due played well when he came on

Post by 1989 »

He's 'ard as nails is Mathieu. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Well Ard! :box: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I said a few times over the last five seasons that we needed a box-to-box tackling midfielder rather than sitting holding midfielder, and Flamini is the former.
Just hope he can have the needed work rate through the season but at 29 he is not over the hill.
A good squad signing, as has been said elsewhere.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If he'd made that tackle in the Nou Camp or the Bernabeu and you had 8 wankers waving imaginary cards he'd have been off before he'd got started

Hardly noticed him. A whole load more credible performers than him and when Arteta is fit he will be a back-up player

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

Was there today....thought that he was brilliant...talking/cajoling/bitching at his team mate to sort out what they should be doing....(reminded me on my days on 'ackney marshes)....shielded the back four very well, I reckon......now spend some bleedin money :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:If he'd made that tackle in the Nou Camp or the Bernabeu and you had 8 wankers waving imaginary cards he'd have been off before he'd got started

Hardly noticed him. A whole load more credible performers than him and when Arteta is fit he will be a back-up player

This ^^^^^

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We should have a thread titled the most miserable fuckers on this forum,im not going to mention names but you know who you are :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

No brainier! Hard tackling midfielder with no transfer fee involved. Ideal Wenger signing. Could prove to be an ideal squad signing, with Jack and Arteta or Cazorla as the three, looking good. Now get us a striker and a CB and we might just be ok.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Since his departure we had no defensive midfielder, just frustrated attempts. I like his intensity and bite. that added to his obvious leadership even being a new face to this squad and you got yourself an useful player. Said that, we need to spend a whole lot of money come tomorrow

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I disagree with steve-o. i dont think arteta's starting spot is guaranteed and i would almost prefer flamini as a starting DM. Arteta would/should be competing with Wilshire/Ramsey/Rosicky/Cazorla as players who play slightly ahead of Flamini.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Too early to tell for me. I liked his organising and communication with the team but I just hope people aren't getting carried away over that Rose tackle because I agree with steveo on that one, the game has moved on from stuff like that and it was a very reckless thing to do. If the ref had seen it slightly differently and sent him off would people still be posting videos glorifying the tackle?

Tbh I thought that rose tackle was one of the few times he actually got close to one of their players with the ball, which is fine in a way because he held the midfield's shape very well and overall had a good game considering he was thrown into a NLD clearly short of full fitness.

I'll wait and see on Mathieu although I must say I think he's a much better signing then the grumbling and moaning when he first joined deserved.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

This is so funny.The Redknapps crying thier eyes out.No one wonder the Spuds shit themselves when the Flaminator came on

http://youtu.be/zz0sOpV3dXI